Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why is abortion a "womans" choice?

I was thinking about it, how women argue that it is their body and they should have the choice whether or not to abort their baby. Why don't men have a choice? It's their baby too? If men had a choice in it, would most men want the baby , what if the women wants it and the man doesn't? What about the unborn babies choice? What if man & woman had no choice and nature decided? What's wrong with that? Afterall, man & woman have a choice before they procreate together. Vasectomy & Tubes Tied are definately the choices they have.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

...because people love to find ways to make their attrocities seem 'simple, normal'.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

first of all, a simple DNA test will prove that it isn't the woman's body.....it's the child's body.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Because she's the one carrying it to term?

If it's a case of rape or incest, there's no need to involve the sperm donor. Same if the donor physically and/or psychologically abuses the woman. If the donor won't "man up" and take responsibility, he loses any right to make a decision. Which leaves a fraction of those for whom the pregnancy was a result of birth control failure and are in a long standing and loving relationship with their partner. The choice then falls to both.

I just love the way y'all ignore everything else to make one tedious, and ultimately irrelevant, point.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post

If it's a case of rape or incest, there's no need to involve the sperm donor. Same if the donor physically and/or psychologically abuses the woman. If the donor won't "man up" and take responsibility, he loses any right to make a decision. Which leaves a fraction of those for whom the pregnancy was a result of birth control failure and are in a long standing and loving relationship with their partner. The choice then falls to both.

I just love the way y'all ignore everything else to make one tedious, and ultimately irrelevant, point.
    what obvious bullshit......you are pretending that only a fraction of abortions involve situations other than rape or incest?.....the two combined don't contribute any significant statistic to the number of abortions that occur.....the vast majority of abortions are the result of two people who didn't give a fuck when they gave a fuck.......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I loving couple have sex. A baby is formed. 9 months later there will be a little one joining this world. There was no incest, no rape & there is no danger to the mother.

1- If the mother wants to carry to term, as does the father, the mother has the final say.

2- If the mother wants a family, and the father doesn't, the mother has the final say - and the father will be on the hook for 18 years.

3- If the father wants a family, and the mother doesn't, the father's desires don't mean squat when the mother aborts.

4- Hell, even in cases of rape, incest or dangers of delivering - the father has no say.

I understand that a woman carries the baby for 9 months, and I understand that she is "walking hell" for that time while the father bears no pain. Nonetheless, it took TWO to get to that position, and the decisions should be made by both.

I don't have the answers as to exactly what to do if they disagree, I just know that for now the men are getting royally screwed for not having any say whatsoever.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because she's the one carrying it to term?

I was physically abused by my first husband, while the woman definately has a right to get out of that kind of relationship and while she also has a right to get tubes tied and use birth control, if she gets preganant and he beats her he would go to prison if he killed the baby, but she is allowed to kill the baby on her own, that doesnt make sense. As far as rape and incest, those acts are terrible violations, and it wont make them less terrible violations even if you kill your baby. However, you can heal and transform that by having your miracle baby or by giving an infertile couple a baby to love and care for, love is a transformer.
    Last edited by chloe; 12-09-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I loving couple have sex. A baby is formed. 9 months later there will be a little one joining this world. There was no incest, no rape & there is no danger to the mother.

1- If the mother wants to carry to term, as does the father, the mother has the final say.

2- If the mother wants a family, and the father doesn't, the mother has the final say - and the father will be on the hook for 18 years.

3- If the father wants a family, and the mother doesn't, the father's desires don't mean squat when the mother aborts.

4- Hell, even in cases of rape, incest or dangers of delivering - the father has no say.

I understand that a woman carries the baby for 9 months, and I understand that she is "walking hell" for that time while the father bears no pain. Nonetheless, it took TWO to get to that position, and the decisions should be made by both.

I don't have the answers as to exactly what to do if they disagree, I just know that for now the men are getting royally screwed for not having any say whatsoever.
    exactly right it took two to procreate that baby, a man has just as much say in whether the baby should be aborted or live. Now personally I am against abortion, however, I wonder how many women would be quick to hop in the sack if the law said the man they were sleeping with gets to decide with them on whether to keep the baby or abort the baby, and if she wanted to keep the baby and he wanted an abortion what protection does he have? So he has to sign away all his parental rights only to have some adult look him up 18 yrs later and ask why he didnt want him/her. Or if the man is willing to raise the baby on his own and let the woman relinquish her parental rights to the baby according to current law he has no right to his baby he helped create. Well that sucks !
    Last edited by chloe; 12-09-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    what obvious bullshit......you are pretending that only a fraction of abortions involve situations other than rape or incest?.....the two combined don't contribute any significant statistic to the number of abortions that occur.....the vast majority of abortions are the result of two people who didn't give a fuck when they gave a fuck.......
    Since you failed to provide any documentation to support your statements, allow me to present infomation which refutes them.

<center><a href=http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html>Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States</a></center>
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    I was physically abused by my first husband, while the woman definately has a right to get out of that kind of relationship and while she also has a right to get tubes tied and use birth control, if she gets preganant and he beats her he would go to prison if he killed the baby, but she is allowed to kill the baby on her own, that doesnt make sense. As far as rape and incest, those acts are terrible violations, and it wont make them less terrible violations even if you kill your baby. However, you can heal and transform that by having your miracle baby or by giving an infertile couple a baby to love and care for, love is a transformer.
    Then you know very well how powerless the victim feels while involved in such a relationship. Would you have been able to have made the decision to "get tubes tied and use birth control"?

Why should a woman be forced to carry a pregnancy to term which is the result of violence against her person, be it rape, incest or an abusive relationship? To argue in favor of such is little more than claiming that's all women are fit for...making babies.

A "miracle baby"? a pregnancy that is the result of violence is not a miracle. It is the consequence, intended or not, of the perpetrators actions. Actions which are designed to leave the victims emotionally and/or physically shattered. No, no miracle there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since you failed to provide any documentation to support your statements, allow me to present infomation which refutes them.

<center><a href=http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html>Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States</a></center>
    ???....problem is, that information shows you were wrong......they don't even mention rape or incest in their statistics....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then you know very well how powerless the victim feels while involved in such a relationship. Would you have been able to have made the decision to "get tubes tied and use birth control"?

Why should a woman be forced to carry a pregnancy to term which is the result of violence against her person, be it rape, incest or an abusive relationship? To argue in favor of such is little more than claiming that's all women are fit for...making babies.

A "miracle baby"? a pregnancy that is the result of violence is not a miracle. It is the consequence, intended or not, of the perpetrators actions. Actions which are designed to leave the victims emotionally and/or physically shattered. No, no miracle there.
    I would have had no problem getting my tubes tied. Incest, Rape and abuse are crimes, that doesn't mean because you have been a victim of them you should murder your own baby. According to you as a liberal man , I am the woman so my right overrides your opinion eh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

seems to me if a man doesn't have a decision in his baby being aborted, then we shouldn't let any "man" have a say in making the laws about abortion..

how bout that one Bully dearie?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    seems to me if a man doesn't have a decision in his baby being aborted, then we shouldn't let any "man" have a say in making the laws about abortion..

how bout that one Bully dearie?
    No Kidden, I hate when people try to act like because a woman is a victim of a crime she should murder her baby. If the baby is some reminder of her victimization she can give the baby up for adoption and the baby will be someone else's miracle. The baby didnt commit any crime. Those are arguments are to justify murdering an innocent baby who did nothing to anyone. If the woman was a victims of those crimes and never got pregnant she would still be a victim of those crimes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    No Kidden, I hate when people try to act like because a woman is a victim of a crime she should murder her baby. If the baby is some reminder of her victimization she can give the baby up for adoption and the baby will be someone else's miracle. The baby didnt commit any crime. Those are arguments are to justify murdering an innocent baby who did nothing to anyone. If the woman was a victims of those crimes and never got pregnant she would still be a victim of those crimes.
    The rape and incest argument is always what they throw out there to justify their conscience of killing their own children..as we all know the MAJORITY of abortions done today are strictly for "birth control"...A lot of "men" like Bully who stand behind this don't have a clue or care what the mental "aftereffect" this can have on women...just so long as they can say, they "care more" for women's rights..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)