Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Cute cat Noir, good luck with him

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Being a vegetarian in your formative years can stunt your growth. That explains why you look so emaciated. I feed my son a three egg plain omelet with three slices of thick bacon nearly every morning and he still is skinny. My kids favorite meal is steak and I'll feed him a half-pound and my daughter a bit less than that. They run track, play hockey and ski and they need that nutrition just to maintain weight.

Cats are meat eaters, predators. We've domesticated them for the primary purpose to rid our homes and fields of vermin. I have a cat at home and his job is to do just that, and in 12 years I've seen zero mice in the house but many, many partially eaten ones on my front step. Such is his gift to me, his savior, protector and god. I have a place in the mountains that I'm not at most of the time and I send a huge effort trying to keep the mice out and destroying my property and spreading disease. I've killed as many as 8 in one week with instant kill traps.
    I'm sure it's not affected my growth, I'm like exactly the same as my dad and a few of my uncles, about 5'8 ans 10 stone, I'm also very physicaly active, love walking/running, ice-skating ect. But again, thread nor posted for srs discussion.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I knows dude, listen when I got back from uni a few weeks ago I did my best to try and convince my dad that my dog should be feed veggie dog food, I think my dad thought I was joking at first lol, but try as I did he just doesn't care as I do, and as he's the one buying the food ect it's his choice, but I wouldn't buy meat pet foods, and when I come back for the summer and starting buying pet food again then they will go veggie for those months.

But anyways this isn't a srs thread, don't wana get all heavy.
    But cats and dogs are DESIGNED to eat meat....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    But cats and dogs are DESIGNED to eat meat....
    True, but they can live perfectly healthy lives not eating it.

Also, the human body is not designed to eat meat and yet we do, would that make you any less likly to eat meat?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The human body was designed to eat meat. God made us the domain over everything.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

The human body was designed to eat meat. God made us the domain over everything.
    O rly?
    Consider the facts

We're omnivore by behavior, not by biological build, function, or design.

* Intestinal tract length. Carnivorous animals have intestinal tracts that are 3-6x their body length, while herbivores have intestinal tracts 10-12x their body length. Human beings have the same intestinal tract ratio as herbivores.
    * Stomach acidity. Carnivores’ stomachs are 20x more acidic than the stomachs of herbivores. Human stomach acidity matches that of herbivores.
    * Saliva. The saliva of carnivores is acidic. The saliva of herbivores is alkaline, which helps pre-digest plant foods. Human saliva is alkaline.
    * Shape of intestines. Carnivore bowels are smooth, shaped like a pipe, so meat passes through quickly — they don’t have bumps or pockets. Herbivore bowels are bumpy and pouch-like with lots of pockets, like a windy mountain road, so plant foods pass through slowly for optimal nutrient absorption. Human bowels have the same characteristics as those of herbivores.
    * Fiber. Carnivores don’t require fiber to help move food through their short and smooth digestive tracts. Herbivores require dietary fiber to move food through their long and bumpy digestive tracts, to prevent the bowels from becoming clogged with rotting food. Humans have the same requirement as herbivores.
    * Cholesterol. Cholesterol is not a problem for a carnivore’s digestive system. A carnivore such as a cat can handle a high-cholesterol diet without negative health consequences. A human cannot. Humans have zero dietary need for cholesterol because our bodies manufacture all we need. Cholesterol is only found in animal foods, never in plant foods. A plant-based diet is by definition cholesterol-free.
    * Claws and teeth. Carnivores have claws, sharp front teeth capable of subduing prey, and no flat molars for chewing. Herbivores have no claws or sharp front teeth capable of subduing prey, but they have flat molars for chewing. Humans have the same characteristics as herbivores.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

O rly?
    Consider the facts
    Omnivores eat meat, dummy.

What we are really not designed for is sugar and to a lesser extent bread, since they rot teeth.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Omnivores eat meat, dummy.

What we are really not designed for is sugar and to a lesser extent bread, since they rot teeth.

I know, didn't you read the bloomin thing? Even if you only read the title 'We're omnivore by behavior, not by biological build, function, or design.' I think you'd have a pretty good understandig of what it is about.

Ofcourse we're not designed for bread ect, but atleast no animals are murderedmin it's making.

Now if you please go back are re-read why we are NOT biological omnivores, cus you seem to have missed it completly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I know, didn't you read the bloomin thing? Even if you only read the title 'We're omnivore by behavior, not by biological build, function, or design.' I think you'd have a pretty good understandig of what it is about.

Ofcourse we're not designed for bread ect, but atleast no animals are murderedmin it's making.

Now if you please go back are re-read why we are NOT biological omnivores, cus you seem to have missed it completly.
    Your post explains why we're not carnivores, dummy. We're omnivores, designed to eat plants and animals. God gave us dexterity and large fore brains to use tools (knives) to cut up out food before we eat it instead of ripping it apart like wolves. Or cats.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Your post explains why we're not carnivores, dummy. We're omnivores, designed to eat plants and animals. God gave us dexterity and large fore brains to use tools (knives) to cut up out food before we eat it instead of ripping it apart like wolves. Or cats.
    so you think god wants monkeys to be meat eaters too? After all they have the abilty to use tools.
    And you would think what with it being god, he would have designed an more effective way for use to digest meat, in a way that say doesn't give us high colestoral,
    but ofcourse what god does, he does, and what he doesn't do, he doesn't do. There is no explination for it, other than it is the way it is, because it is the way it is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

so you think god wants monkeys to be meat eaters too? After all they have the abilty to use tools.
    And you would think what with it being god, he would have designed an more effective way for use to digest meat, in a way that say doesn't give us high colestoral,
    but ofcourse what god does, he does, and what he doesn't do, he doesn't do. There is no explination for it, other than it is the way it is, because it is the way it is.
    You dummy God didn't give monkeys large fore brains, so their tools ain't sharp.

You must be a atheist as well as a vegetarian.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You dummy God didn't give monkeys large fore brains, so their tools ain't sharp.

You must be a atheist as well as a vegetarian.

I am an athiest.

And I do suggest you look up 'monkeys using tools' or somethig to that effect in YouTube. You'd be amazed.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You sure? Those that have observed it would say otherwise

For First Time, Chimps Seen Making Weapons for Hunting

Bo is one of the chimps on the Senegal being studied by researchers, who recently discovered that chimps have the ability to make their own weapons to hunt small mammels. (Paco Bertolani)
    TOOLBOX
    ResizePrint

COMMENT
    0*Comments*
    COMMENTS ARE CLOSED
    WHO'S BLOGGING
    » Links to this article
    By Rick Weiss
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, February 23, 2007
    Chimpanzees living in the West African savannah have been observed fashioning deadly spears from sticks and using the tools to hunt small mammals -- the first routine production of deadly weapons ever observed in animals other than humans.

The multistep spearmaking practice, documented by researchers in Senegal who spent years gaining the chimpanzees' trust, adds credence to the idea that human forebears fashioned similar tools millions of years ago.

The landmark observation also supports the long-debated proposition that females -- the main makers and users of spears among the Senegalese chimps -- tend to be the innovators and creative problem solvers in primate culture.

Using their hands and teeth, the chimpanzees were repeatedly seen tearing the side branches off long, straight sticks, peeling back the bark and sharpening one end. Then, grasping the weapons in a "power grip," they jabbed them into tree-branch hollows where bush babies -- small, monkeylike mammals -- sleep during the day.

In one case, after repeated stabs, a chimpanzee removed the injured or dead animal and ate it, the researchers reported in yesterday's online issue of the journal Current Biology.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022201007.html

You better ask this God bloke what's going on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I am an athiest.

And I do suggest you look up 'monkeys using tools' or somethig to that effect in YouTube. You'd be amazed.
    And if you lived in the US you'd drive a pink Prius. I know liberals like the back of my hand.

So monkeys sharpen sticks. Undoubtedly a learned behavior from observing man. Just like my dog has learned to go through a dog door.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm not a cat person, but the kitten is cute.

I think my anti-cat feelings stem from the fact that ALL of the cats we had as kids were mean and vindictive. The one my mom has now is almost nice, we keep wondering how it ever found her house.

Barn cats are vicious little guys, for some reason those are the ones my mom always liked.