Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    And if you lived in the US you'd drive a pink Prius. I know liberals like the back of my hand.

So monkeys sharpen sticks. Undoubtedly a learned behavior from observing man. Just like my dog has learned to go through a dog door.

Naw I wouldn't, I don't believe in man made global warming, and certainty don't like the colour pink, if I were to have a car of my own choice it would be a clasic mini cooper, or a Moris Miner.

They didn't learn it from humans, this is a group of small chimps that were followed by a few observers for years, tis truly quiet amazing. And runs counter to what you were claiming.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I've owned three cats and the best one was a feral kitten. He rid my house of every rodent, even in the attic and in the walls, then worked the barn, even under the concrete slab, then around the garden and compost heap. He caught snakes, frogs, bugs; anything smaller than him that moved.

I worked with a farmer who had dozens of cats in his dairy barn, so I caught one and brought him home. We had him before my favorite, and they got along well, but he was only a so-so mouser and after my kids were born he proceed to shit on the basement carpet to spite. So I bagged him and drowned him in the bathtub.

The one I have now was a feral kitten as well and is a decent mouser and clean but he had a habit of inviting his buddies into my house at night through the cat door. He also didn't take care of the vole problem in the back yard.

My dog though is a rat terrier mix so she took care of the late night visitations as well as the voles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Naw I wouldn't, I don't believe in man made global warming, and certainty don't like the colour pink, if I were to have a car of my own choice it would be a clasic mini cooper, or a Moris Miner.

They didn't learn it from humans, this is a group of small chimps that were followed by a few observers for years, tis truly quiet amazing. And runs counter to what you were claiming.

It doesn't run counter at all. The mini is a wimpie car just like the Prius even if you paint it laser red. Liberals are wimps and drive wimpy cars, and they hate God and the US Constitution, and they shun personal responsibility.

You don't know if the monkeys learned it from humans. They could have learned it centuries ago from observing a man then the technique got passed down through generations. Even if they figured it out themselves it doesn't counter what I've said.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

It doesn't run counter at all. The mini is a wimpie car just like the Prius even if you paint it laser red. Liberals are wimps and drive wimpy cars, and they hate God and the US Constitution, and they shun personal responsibility.
    Fair enough if you see it as wimpie, I see it as clasic, I love the style of the 60s/70s, from the cars to the clothes and the music, and such. What I would give to have grown up during the first Mod era, but alas I was not so lucky.

You don't know if the monkeys learned it from humans. They could have learned it centuries ago from observing a man then the technique got passed down through generations. Even if they figured it out themselves it doesn't counter what I've said.
    Well you did say
    God gave us dexterity and large fore brains to use tools
    and
    You dummy God didn't give monkeys large fore brains, so their tools ain't sharp.
    and the best that you can come up with was that they may have seen men do it centries ago?

and to go from calling me a dummy and saying God gave humans the dexterity and brain power, to then saying "Even if they figured it out themselves" that sounds about as opposite as you could get. But then what do I know, I'm just a dummy...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You dummy, it doesn't take a large fore brain to mimic a simple action like breaking a stick in half and sharpening on a rock. It takes a large fore brain to develop knives and fire, cook and cut meat for eating with smaller size mouths.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You dummy, it doesn't take a large fore brain to mimic a simple action like breaking a stick in half and sharpening on a rock. It takes a large fore brain to develop knives and fire, cook and cut meat for eating with smaller size mouths.
    Now we're having to be more specific I see, not surprising, because you can just make this up as you go. Not that you'd care, but I'm not going to bother to debate on an issue with which you have displyed how happily you will change one of you stories to another,

and along the way you tried to get in an insult by claiming you knew me like the back of your hand....and then fell flat on your face with you assumption, how silly, no?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

gats you guys are missing the biggest part of his post.

Should read "Tigger and Me."

Neat kitty (Never said that to another guy) Rick! Congrats!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The human body was designed to eat meat.
    Sounds like a fairly straightforward naturalistic fallacy.

God made us the domain over everything.
    Fascinating, but you'll understand if some don't want explicitly religious doctrines to be the basis for the formation of laws in the public sphere. Some of us rely on logic to reach ethical conclusions.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Now we're having to be more specific I see, not surprising, because you can just make this up as you go. Not that you'd care, but I'm not going to bother to debate on an issue with which you have displyed how happily you will change one of you stories to another,

and along the way you tried to get in an insult by claiming you knew me like the back of your hand....and then fell flat on your face with you assumption, how silly, no?
    Actually, you have committed a simple straw man; a logical fallacy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Sounds like a fairly straightforward naturalistic fallacy.

Fascinating, but you'll understand if some don't want explicitly religious doctrines to be the basis for the formation of laws in the public sphere. Some of us rely on logic to reach ethical conclusions.

Your logical fallacy would apply if we were arguing religious doctrines or formations of laws. However we are not. Therefore you have committed a logical fallacy yourself, perhaps the most common, which is the classic straw man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

@ hog & Mr P

Tell me about it, I posted this on another site and people started calling me a liar
    I think it's just the way I'm holding him makes him look bigger, but like tge people at the shelter said he was 2 months, so unless they made a mistake or something, but he is pretty small,
    They're non-observant. A big cat would have been hanging on the backside of your arm. This shot has the whole body there, only the tail shows. Small kitty. I don't like cats, but he's cute.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    gats you guys are missing the biggest part of his post.

Should read "Tigger and Me."

Neat kitty (Never said that to another guy) Rick! Congrats!

Like you care, you yanks trashed the English lingo a long time ago =P

Cheers, but that's Mr. Rick to you...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate
    Some of us rely on logic to reach ethical conclusions
    May I take from this that you don't eat meat?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your logical fallacy would apply if we were arguing religious doctrines or formations of laws. However we are not. Therefore you have committed a logical fallacy yourself, perhaps the most common, which is the classic straw man.
    "Strawman" is usually an overused platitude thrown out by people who don't actually know what they're talking about, much like "Correlation is not causation!" That's certainly true in this case, as I never claimed that you were speaking of formation of laws.

May I take from this that you don't eat meat?
    No, I eat meat. I'm not a vegetarian for the same reason I don't vote; individual actions by anonymous persons do not alter consequences.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    No, I eat meat. I'm not a vegetarian for the same reason I don't vote; individual actions by anonymous persons do not alter consequences.
    What utter crap. Nature shows us otherwise, how may the ants overcome the Praying Mantis? Death by a thousand cuts. Whenever in doubt, follow nature, it is never wrong.

Also...you have yet to reply to my thread about your form of communism, am I to expect a reply or is such waiting in vain?