Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Watch this documentary and reflect on it every time you call me a racist.

This is a very enlightening video documentary on racism...Being regularly accused of being a "racist", I decided to challenge my accusers.

Do you really know what racism is?...Do you really know a racist when you see one?...Are race relations in America improving or worsening?

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this in but I finally decided on US History since America is considered to be a historicly racist nation.

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1084394769627714346&hl=en#[/GVIDEO]
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

58 minutes is too much of my life to waste....you got a link to it's source?....if it's just some guy trying to justify his racism, don't bother....

the issue isn't that complicated....

Main Entry: rac·ism
    Pronunciation: \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
    Function: noun

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

— rac·ist \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective
    does the shoe fit?....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 01-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Historically racist in the sense that it finds its origins in the unjust and violent dispossession of the indigenous population after they were crippled by infectious disease, yes. Good thing we have people fighting European interlopers, of course.

The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Might be one of them damn racist nazis, huh?...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    58 minutes is too much of my life to waste....you got a link to it's source?....if it's just some guy trying to justify his racism, don't bother....

the issue isn't that complicated....

does the shoe fit?....
    I'm not surprised, PP...

Most people of ignorance are perfectly satisfied with that state of mind and have no desire to be anything but.

The best indication of a closed mind is one that seeks only confirmation of what it already believes..."does the shoe fit"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    I'm not surprised, PP...

Most people of ignorance are perfectly satisfied with that state of mind and have no desire to be anything but.

The best indication of a closed mind is one that seeks only confirmation of what it already believes..."does the shoe fit"?
    /shrugs.....for all I know, your video is the most ignorant thing around...the fact you aren't willing to summarize it for us only increases that suspicion........don't expect me to invest an hour of my life just to determine if that's true.....if you have an argument, raise it, if you don't, don't bother to start threads....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Resistance.....Your PC programming senses a threat.

/shrugs.....for all I know, your video is the most ignorant thing around...the fact you aren't willing to summarize it for us only increases that suspicion........don't expect me to invest an hour of my life just to determine if that's true.....if you have an argument, raise it, if you don't, don't bother to start threads....
    LOL!...Damn, it must take one hell of an introduction to get you to read a book.....You have read a book haven't you?

Ok, hows this?...It's a really informative short documentary about "racism" especially for people who think like you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    LOL!...Damn, it must take one hell of an introduction to get you to read a book.....You have read a book haven't you?

Ok, hows this?...It's a really informative short documentary about "racism" especially for people who think like you.
    there are better things to do in life than listen to some racist preach his ideology for an hour.....if it's something more than that, just let me know.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PC owned...

there are better things to do in life than listen to some racist preach his ideology for an hour.....if it's something more than that, just let me know.....
    Why would you assume there's a "racist preaching his ideology for an hour"?

Oh yea, I forgot!

"The best indication of a closed mind is one that seeks only confirmation of what it already believes"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So strikes Hogtrash's usual debating style... if you don't outright agree and join my circle jerk... YOU MUST BE A LIBERAL INDOCTRINATED PCer!!!!

The way you talk Hog... you are really indoctrinated with hate against people that aren't white.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

it's only the trading of one kind of PC for another.....we can't be "politically correct" unless we're willing to accept that white seperatists aren't racists.....

recognizing that racism equals ignorance isn't the result of being "politically correct", it's the result of being rational......

hogwash thinks my position is the result of a "closed" mind, in truth, it's the result of a "used" one......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 01-07-2010 at 07:52 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Keep an open mind and be honest...

If anyone should take the time to view the video would you please do me a favor and post whether you believe it is

an honest attempt to demonstrate people's misconceptions of racism or simply a rightwing nut-case spewing hatred.

Thank you...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Interresting video because the man isn't doing any of the talking. He is asking people questions and letting them talk. He isn't correcting them or really adding anything to the conversations except to ask the question.

A few of the more interresting parts in the beginning.

A black woman says she experiences racism when white people are overly nice to her??????????

A black man says he experienced racism as a club because a white man told him he was a good dancer and then proceded to dance near him on the dance floor. The black man thought it was racism because he was there with a white woman.

A white man says racism is evident because the US is building a wall along Mexico, but not along our border with Canada.

I've only gotten through the first part of the video and probably won't bother with the rest. But the theme seems to be that people who "experience racism every day" have NO IDEA what racism is and have a hard time explaining what they have experience beyond white people being "overly friendly".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Racism has largely vanished as an overt aspect of state policy. It does continue to a lesser extent through elements of economic organization and policy and simple attitudes among white rightists, most likely to have socially authoritarian viewpoints.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Racism has largely vanished as an overt aspect of state policy. It does continue to a lesser extent through elements of economic organization and policy and simple attitudes among white rightists, most likely to have socially authoritarian viewpoints.
    It also lives and thrives in you.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

OK,

Trigg and I watched the whole video tonight. I have to say it does bring some interesting points to light. I will add that everything in this video I have seen first hand.

We were discussing with our children the "BLATANT" racism we felt in the city of New Orleans in the early 90's while living there.

I have to say it really wasn't what I expected. I would add that no matter what Craig Bodecker says he will be labeled a racist by anyone of color who would watch this, however ironic that may be. Unfortunately this video is being shopped around by the white supremacist web sites so that really does it a disservice and detracts from the message that it has to offer... IMHO

PMP I would suggest that you actually take the 58 minutes and watch the video it really isn't what you expect!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain