Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intervention?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    God didn't intervene - he just gave Glock the confidence to pull it off and gave him a sign that he was there watching and giving him support.
    Serious? dear blesses.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

So no, I didn't get even close to first place, but that wasn't the point of this thread as I pointed out to you yet again
    Nopes, as much as i can gather the point was that you prayed and then saw a big bird, now call me crazy but....
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    .....So how exactly did god intervene?
    I interpreted it that He sent an angel, who helped me turn my usual "oh-shit-on-my-ass" instinct into "bring-your-leg-down". Angels have wings and hence, the white bird.

I should note that two of my team members, both better skiers than I am, fell on that same run (different turns) and they were directly behind me. One felt his knee pop and skied out, then had to be sledded down and the other caught a tip, spun around and saw stars when his helmet hit the ground.

I prayed for both of them to be healed. Mr. Knee called me last night to tell me that he didn't tear an ACL like he suspected and will be back next week with a brace. Mr. Head called me as well and he appears to be fine.

Two years ago another friend of mine, possible the best skier among us, fell and hit his head during a free ski. I didn't know about it until two weeks had gone by. Here's a guy who grew up at Mt. Hood, spent winters in his early 20's living in a RV parked at at western resorts, and has been heli-skiing several times and he was out for the season, and basically had to re-learn the sport; obvious nerve damage or some rewiring had taken place.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nopes, as much as i can gather the point was that you prayed and then saw a big bird, now call me crazy but....
    That's awesome dude; I know atheists are crazy.

There's that reading comprehension thing again. I said that I saw:

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    ... a medium sized white bird flying away from me...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

That's awesome dude; I know atheists are crazy.

There's that reading comprehension thing again. I said that I saw:

"You never see a bird that big in the mountains"

You saw a big bird compared to the normal, was what i was driving at.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nice try, no cigar.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Intervention? Or?

Maybe.

I know many folks have events in life that are puzzling. It would be interesting to hear their stories. New thread perhaps?

As for bringing yer leg down and avoiding a crash..I donno...but I have some thoughts.

First experiance.
    Then the decision to act which may have been the deciding factor.

The bird was just lost. Or maybe it was a white owl?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I interpreted it that He sent an angel, who helped me turn my usual "oh-shit-on-my-ass" instinct into "bring-your-leg-down". Angels have wings and hence, the white bird.

I should note that two of my team members, both better skiers than I am, fell on that same run (different turns) and they were directly behind me. One felt his knee pop and skied out, then had to be sledded down and the other caught a tip, spun around and saw stars when his helmet hit the ground.

I prayed for both of them to be healed. Mr. Knee called me last night to tell me that he didn't tear an ACL like he suspected and will be back next week with a brace. Mr. Head called me as well and he appears to be fine.

Two years ago another friend of mine, possible the best skier among us, fell and hit his head during a free ski. I didn't know about it until two weeks had gone by. Here's a guy who grew up at Mt. Hood, spent winters in his early 20's living in a RV parked at at western resorts, and has been heli-skiing several times and he was out for the season, and basically had to re-learn the sport; obvious nerve damage or some rewiring had taken place.
    So basicly his intervention was you, thinking. Do you know how often i've been ice-skating, gone to fall and have gone from thinking "oh blesses" to "pull back leg" and not fallen?...atleast 2 or 3 times in a 2 hour session, i put that down to not being a very good ice-skater, but good enough to keep on my skates when things go wrong. Do you think its god instead?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Intervention? Or?

Maybe.

I know many folks have events in life that are puzzling. It would be interesting to hear their stories. New thread perhaps?

As for bringing yer leg down and avoiding a crash..I donno...but I have some thoughts.

First experiance.
    Then the decision to act which may have been the deciding factor.

The bird was just lost. Or maybe it was a white owl?
    It could have been an owl or a dove. But then again I haven't seen birds flying around up thee during the winter, and don't know why they would during a cold night.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

So basicly his intervention was you, thinking. Do you know how often i've been ice-skating, gone to fall and have gone from thinking "oh blesses" to "pull back leg" and not fallen?...atleast 2 or 3 times in a 2 hour session, i put that down to not being a very good ice-skater, but good enough to keep on my skates when things go wrong. Do you think its god instead?
    No, since you're an atheist it was just you. Try doing it at 60 kilometers per hour and see if it still works like that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No, since you're an atheist it was just you. Try doing it at 60 kilometers per hour and see if it still works like that.
    Righto, so if there is an athiest that is skiing at 60K and he goes to fall and suddenly thinks 'put leg down' thats just him...but when its you it happens to it must be god =/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Righto, so if there is an athiest that is skiing at 60K and he goes to fall and suddenly thinks 'put leg down' thats just him...but when its you it happens to it must be god =/
    Actually, I don't think you'd be able to do it. Give it a try.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Actually, I don't think you'd be able to do it. Give it a try.
    Personally, no i couldn't, but i bet i could kick yo ass on 'Extreme mode' on dance dance revelation, not due to and Godly help, just practice,
    See you are now trying to interlude skill into the debate, which really works against you on this,
    Personally i think you are doing yourself an injustice, you were able to stay on your Skis and not on your ass due to skill and quick reactions,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I may very well be wrong but..I don't think "intervention" if there is such a thing is only available to one group.

Just a matter of seeing it for what it is..maybe?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Personally, no i couldn't, but i bet i could kick yo ass on 'Extreme mode' on dance dance revelation...
    I bet there's a pole involved.