Okay Noir, I'll bite. I can see your point of view, it is logical if you are drawing the conclusion that God is separate from the Universe. But what makes you come to that conclusion as the only possible description of God? Sure Genesis, if taken 100% literally, suggests that an all-powerful, all-knowing God decided that "He" was lonely one day and decided "He" needed some company and good cheer. But if we stick to the literal description, aren't we constricting God to fit our limited human understanding? God is indeed all-powerful, and all-knowing, but there is no reason that we humans for a second should pretend to understand God, or God's will. We simply cannot know the origin of God, because God will forever remain beyond our full grasp. That doesn't mean that God cannot comfort us, or that we shouldn't anthropomorphize God to help bring ourselves closer to God spiritually in any way that we can grasp and understand and come to know God on a personal level. I personally (as made clear above) do not take the teachings of ANY sacred text literally, as we humans cannot claim to speak for God directly, prophet or no; as humans we are by nature imperfect, so God's word can only be filtered through our (limited) human understanding. God is a paradox in that God will always be beyond our understanding (yes, forever and ever Amen) but also closer to us than our own heartbeat. I think that is why people have trouble coming to terms with God, religion and spirituality (besides the fact that all 3 are loaded terms, each with its own negative connotations): we are too close to see these things with our eyes. It's like trying to look at your own cheeks, or your lips, without a mirror; more closely, it's really like trying to look at your own eyes. The closest we can come to the mirror that we need to see God is to look at others, and to look at the world around us. It's really hard to put into words a feeling, or an understanding. Even logic has its limits when trying to express these things, as I'm sure you'll admit. As a believer, I have no fear of logic, or of debate; I don't need anyone to prove to me that the sun rises, or that the sun sets--I witness it myself every day. Not to be corny here, but I am a witness to God in everything that I do, see, & feel.