Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Oh I see where you are going with this; another illogical argument. But I'm talking about myself, born in the 20th century and educated in many religions and scientific principles, and living in a "progressive" era where being anti-religious, as you admitted, is fashionable. So again, I don't care to enter a popularity contest; I'm just happy being logical, reasonable, and right.
    So you admit you only believe what you believe because of where and when you were born.
    I have never said being anti-religious is fashionable.
    There is no logic and reason in faith, infact quiet the opposite...ergo its called faith.
    And you may be right, or you may not.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    So you admit you only believe what you believe because of where and when you were born.
    I have never said being anti-religious is fashionable.
    There is no logic and reason in faith, infact quiet the opposite...ergo its called faith.
    And you may be right, or you may not.
    No, I admit that I am born at a time and place where I am able to compare things and make the reasonable and correct decision.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It obviously takes a lot of faith to be an atheist.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No, I admit that I am born at a time and place where I am able to compare things and make the reasonable and correct decision.
    And that, by extension, if you had been born in another time, or place you would believe otherwise
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You seem to forget that I've been living on my own for much longer than I've been under Mommy and Daddy's influence. I've had sufficient time as well as education to see other points of view and develop my own.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You seem to forget that I've been living on my own for much longer than I've been under Mommy and Daddy's influence. I've had sufficient time as well as education to see other points of view and develop my own.
    That wouldn't matter, if you were born in Sparta during the 11th century BC, even if you lived you whole life away from Mummy and Daddy and had plenty of time to think for yourself you would not believe in a Christian god.
    And thus i put it to you again, you only believe in the god you believe in because of when and where you were born

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That wouldn't matter, if you were born in Sparta during the 11th century BC, even if you lived you whole life away from Mummy and Daddy and had plenty of time to think for yourself you would not believe in a Christian god.
    And thus i put it to you again, you only believe in the god you believe in because of when and where you were born
    so there are no atheists except those who were raised by atheists?......
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so there are no atheists except those who were raised by atheists?......
    Ofcourse not, don't be daft. But you are more likly to be Christian if your family are, or Muslim if your family are, and so forth. Some will leave for other religions, others will leave for atheism. But many will stay with what they are taught from birth.

and congrats, you too are also Christian because of when and were you were born

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Ofcourse not, don't be daft. But you are more likly to be Christian if your family are, or Muslim if your family are, and so forth. Some will leave for other religions, others will leave for atheism. But many will stay with what they are taught from birth.

Why is that a daft question? It is perfectly logical given your premise.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thank you....but then I never intended to take all the credit for myself....after all, I belong to a branch of the church that thinks it has an obligation to spread the word so that those who are not so fortunate have an equal chance to make the right choices.....its why I keep responding to your questions.....so you will have a chance to see where you have made your mistakes...
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 02-17-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Why is that a daft question? It is perfectly logical given your premise.
    Because its clearly wrong.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    thank you....but then I never intended to take all the credit for myself....after all, I belong to a branch of the church that thinks it has an obligation to spread the word so that those who are not so fortunate have an equal chance to make the right choices.....its why I keep responding to your questions.....so you will have a chance to see where you have made your mistakes...
    Indeedy, but just think of all those poor Spartans, not a hope in hell, if you'll excuse the pun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'm not sure what your point is. Like you I live in the present yet unlike you I have had an open mind and learned about other religions (it was required in the Jesuit college that I attended) and I made the right choice.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I'm not sure what your point is. Like you I live in the present yet unlike you I have had an open mind and learned about other religions (it was required in the Jesuit college that I attended) and I made the right choice.
    My point is that you only happen to believe in the God you believe in, and you only happen to believe you are 'right' because of were and when you were born.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Indeedy, but just think of all those poor Spartans, not a hope in hell, if you'll excuse the pun.
    you make so many assumptions.....there is no reason for you to worry about what steps God may have taken to be just to those who have come before, or die without hearing.....you only need to worry about yourself....

1 Peter 4:6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 02-17-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    ...full immersion.....