Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    So tell me, how does a Viking who gave praise to Thor and so forth a thousand years ago, and who never heard of a single snip of Christianity chose were he goes?
    the Bible indicates that all will have opportunity to choose.....I have no reason to doubt that God will find a way to ask them.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How sad.
    why....do you think a beautiful sunset is somehow less beautiful if I think that God planned it?

Lol, thats a different point, if i where to die an atheist you would hope i go to hell.
    no.....I would hope you wouldn't die an atheist, if you die an atheist I KNOW you're going to hell.....but at least I will be consoled in knowing you are where you want to be....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

So someone had a bad dream?
    Read the book; its a short one, and cheap. He's got some compelling evidence that suggests it wasn't merely a dream. Unless of course you're too closed-minded.

http://www.amazon.com/23-Minutes-Hel...ews/1591858828
    Last edited by glockmail; 01-27-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the Bible indicates that all will have opportunity to choose.....I have no reason to doubt that God will find a way to ask them.....
    What a wonderful cop-out. I guess that's the joy of religion, you can change the rules at will.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What a wonderful cop-out. I guess that's the joy of religion, you can change the rules at will.
    I haven't changed any rules....as I said, the Bible indicates we all have opportunity to choose......it is an illogical assumption that a deity capable of creating the universe, capable of creating a heaven and a hell, capable of creating a being capable of choice....would then be incapable of communicating with that being and soliciting a simple answer......

be that as it may, it makes no difference to you or to me.....both of us have heard about Christ......thus, if you end up in hell, it is nothing more than where you have chosen to be.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 01-27-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Personally, I hope you are wrong because if you are right then my Grandparents are currently burning in hell because they did not worship a god. I'm sure you can imagin why I'd not be so keen on that.

Also if it so happens that your type of god is the only god then that means that countless Billions will be sent to hell through no fault of their own, but merely because of the country they were born in, or the age in which they lived.

However, you will hope that your God does exist, so you can spend forever in pleasure and happiness.

Also, I do hate this whole notion of 'your life is pointless without god' are you thus saying you could not live a happy life without god? Can you not find beauty in nature without attributing it to a god? Can you not love those around you without god? To make a statement as silly as 'your life is pointless without a god' is to deminish the life that we have,

To flip the point around, when i die, you will hope i go to hell.
    I have no doubt that most of my family are currently in hell including my grandparents and that is hard to take, however I believe it is a reality. I also have little doubt that my children will also end up in hell as they continue to reject Christ in favor of sins. The fear of people ending up in hell (especially the ones we love) is part of the reason that we try to tell folks about their need of Jesus, the other part is that is our duty! Preaching the gospel is a command. I'm probably in the minority here but Jesus commanded that Christians preach the gospel, it wasn't a request.

God declares that anyone can know He exists just by looking at the heavens and the earth around them. Missionaries have gone to places where there was no gospel ever preached and had people tell them that they had been waiting for them to come because they looked around and knew there was a God. They were waiting for someone to come and tell them more. You want fair play, God is just, He is not fair. Fair is a politically correct creation of men.

I found great beauty in things prior to being a Christian, however I find even greater beauty in even more things now than I ever did before. Seeing things as God's handiwork makes them even more fascinating and beautiful to me.

If Christians wanted you to go to hell then you would never have heard the name Jesus. It would have been hidden from you like some secret society. The fact that you have heard of Jesus is sufficient proof to the contrary.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can you not find beauty in nature without attributing it to a god?
    would you feel the Mona Lisa was a better painting if you determined there was no artist?.......or, would it no longer be "art"......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 01-27-2010 at 11:15 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Read the book; its a short one, and cheap. He's got some compelling evidence that suggests it wasn't merely a dream. Unless of course you're too closed-minded.

http://www.amazon.com/23-Minutes-Hel...ews/1591858828
    I've got quiet a book list building up lol, and given that i've already watched a video of this guy i think i'll give his book a miss.
    On a similar note, have you read 'The God delusion' By Richard Dawkins? If not, and if you are a keen reader, i would recommend you do,
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

why....do you think a beautiful sunset is somehow less beautiful if I think that God planned it?
    No, a beautiful sunset is beautiful whether a God has made it or not in my view.

I said "how sad" because when i asked "Can you not find beauty in nature without attributing it to a god?" You said "no" meaning that you only find it beautiful because you think that a god made it, and not because it is beautiful. Quite ironic that you would then go on to ask me about things being 'less beautiful'

no.....I would hope you wouldn't die an atheist, if you die an atheist I KNOW you're going to hell.....but at least I will be consoled in knowing you are where you want to be....
    You do not 'know' i am going to hell. You believe i am going to hell. Big difference.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I haven't changed any rules....as I said, the Bible indicates we all have opportunity to choose......it is an illogical assumption that a deity capable of creating the universe, capable of creating a heaven and a hell, capable of creating a being capable of choice....would then be incapable of communicating with that being and soliciting a simple answer......

be that as it may, it makes no difference to you or to me.....both of us have heard about Christ......thus, if you end up in hell, it is nothing more than where you have chosen to be.....
    Well that would be logical and fair, but since when need gods be either?

And true, i have made a choice and should that send me to hell, fair enough,

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I have no doubt that most of my family are currently in hell including my grandparents and that is hard to take, however I believe it is a reality. I also have little doubt that my children will also end up in hell as they continue to reject Christ in favor of sins. The fear of people ending up in hell (especially the ones we love) is part of the reason that we try to tell folks about their need of Jesus, the other part is that is our duty! Preaching the gospel is a command. I'm probably in the minority here but Jesus commanded that Christians preach the gospel, it wasn't a request.
    Well at least you're honest about it, in this sense i would see you as quiet a fundamentalist Christian if you do not mind such a label. Rather than allot of liberal Christians which seem to dominate most schools of thought.

God declares that anyone can know He exists just by looking at the heavens and the earth around them. Missionaries have gone to places where there was no gospel ever preached and had people tell them that they had been waiting for them to come because they looked around and knew there was a God. They were waiting for someone to come and tell them more. You want fair play, God is just, He is not fair. Fair is a politically correct creation of men.
    Ofcourse God can be seen in everything, it all depends on your definition of god.

I found great beauty in things prior to being a Christian, however I find even greater beauty in even more things now than I ever did before. Seeing things as God's handiwork makes them even more fascinating and beautiful to me.
    Fair play, though i do not understand that myself.

If Christians wanted you to go to hell then you would never have heard the name Jesus. It would have been hidden from you like some secret society. The fact that you have heard of Jesus is sufficient proof to the contrary.
    As i said, i know they do not 'want' me to go to hell, however, in wanting to go to heaven, and in hoping that they are following the right god, they must then hope that when an atheist dies they go to hell, because if not then they have it all wrong.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

would you feel the Mona Lisa was a better painting if you determined there was no artist?.......or, would it no longer be "art"......
    It would still look the same, and so would be just as beautiful, in the same way as if the Mona Lisa was painted by a mass-murderer, the creator (or not) of the piece has nothing to do with the piece itself, in my opinion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, a beautiful sunset is beautiful whether a God has made it or not in my view.

I said "how sad" because when i asked "Can you not find beauty in nature without attributing it to a god?" You said "no" meaning that you only find it beautiful because you think that a god made it, and not because it is beautiful. Quite ironic that you would then go on to ask me about things being 'less beautiful'
    not ironic at all.....we both view a sunset and see beauty.....I see more than you, because I view the planning and gift behind it.....all you see is "shit happens"......

You do not 'know' i am going to hell. You believe i am going to hell. Big difference.
    actually, from here it makes no difference at all......I can see where it makes a huge difference from your perspective......regardless, you have to acknowledge it's where you choose to be....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 01-27-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It would still look the same, and so would be just as beautiful, in the same way as if the Mona Lisa was painted by a mass-murderer, the creator (or not) of the piece has nothing to do with the piece itself, in my opinion.
    yet you thought it sad that I believed nature had a creator?......how oddly self contradictory.......

personally I think it would detract from the Mona Lisa if I believed the paint had just happened to fall from the sky in that pattern.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I've got quiet a book list building up lol, and given that i've already watched a video of this guy i think i'll give his book a miss.
    On a similar note, have you read 'The God delusion' By Richard Dawkins? If not, and if you are a keen reader, i would recommend you do,
    I've read enough atheist shit and don't need to read this specific one. Besides, I'm not the one risking my eternity...