Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Indoctrination in action

Makes you sick.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LACyLTsH4ac&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LACyLTsH4ac&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Child abuse in the name of GOD! Illegal BTW.

It will be interesting to see if anyone here defends this abusive practice.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

1. This is a holy roller faith, and they have a right to teach their children the way they want too.
    2. What I find strange is a person who makes children a pawn for his heathernistic selfish life, who is just a child himself.
    3. And Mr. P. I will defend them their rights to teach their children well, or however they feel is important to them.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. This is a holy roller faith, and they have a right to teach their children the way they want too.
    2. What I find strange is a person who makes children a pawn for his heathernistic selfish life, who is just a child himself.
    3. And Mr. P. I will defend them their rights to teach their children well, or however they feel is important to them.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    You call that teaching, huh? That's pretty sick, man.

We had a so called Minister type here in Atlanta that whipped kids at the Sunday service in front of the congregation. That's teaching? He spent a few yrs in jail for it and all the parents who allowed this lost their kids for a good while.

Society does not look at nor accept "religious extremism" as "teaching" when it comes to children.

Sorry bout that.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Yes, it's a little out there, and not the way I would go with my child. But I find it more interesting that you, Noir, do not post, for example, about the horrors done in the name of Islam, to children and women, and men, too. The beatings, the stripping of human rights, the turning into suicide bombers. Jesus camp is the worst religious indoctrination you can find? Sure it is.

So, here's the thing, Noir: I thought that you were trying to find your way in the world, and were seriously questioning God and religion along the way. But now it seems that the only thing that you really want to do is try to taint Christianity.
    Good to know. Your credibility is on it's last breath.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    I have to agree with Chess...People have a right to raise their children to worship as they themselves do.

The rest of us have no right to force them to do otherwise as long as there is no criminal activity or abuse.

I personally don't agree with this form of religion but I do respect the rights of others and expect it in return.
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    I have to agree with Chess...People have a right to raise their children to worship as they themselves do.

The rest of us have no right to force them to do otherwise as long as there is no criminal activity or abuse.

I personally don't agree with this form of religion but I do respect the rights of others and expect it in return.
    Folks have a right to train their dogs too.

Do you approve of beating a dog to train it?

There's a point the line must be drawn between "rights" and "wrongs"..where is it for you?

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The video is too long to view. Boil your accusation down Noir.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    The video is too long to view. Boil your accusation down Noir.
    I think the implication is that Christianity is the most evil force on earth, and Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach their kids to believe as they do.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 02-10-2010 at 04:17 PM.

-Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Yes, it's a little out there, and not the way I would go with my child. But I find it more interesting that you, Noir, do not post, for example, about the horrors done in the name of Islam, to children and women, and men, too. The beatings, the stripping of human rights, the turning into suicide bombers. Jesus camp is the worst religious indoctrination you can find? Sure it is.

So, here's the thing, Noir: I thought that you were trying to find your way in the world, and were seriously questioning God and religion along the way. But now it seems that the only thing that you really want to do is try to taint Christianity.
    Good to know. Your credibility is on it's last breath.
    Whats the point in me posting about the non-sense that is Islam on this site? As far as i am aware there are no Muslims here.

This topic is not itself focussed on Christianity, but on religion itself, and how it indoctrinates those that can not chose. Obviously this is an extreme example, but the same happens on smaller scales everywhere, whether its sending a kid to a faith school or making them go to church classes ect. Indoctrination is taking place

I also will be taking no lectures on 'credibility' from a Pescetarian.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I think the implication is that Christianity is the most evil force on earth, and Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach their kids to believe as they do.
    No, its not geared towards christianity, but religion, however to put it in a context that is easy for you to relate to i have chosen this video.

Do you think that what goes on in that video is acceptable? Cus i sure as hell (if you don't mind the pun) do not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    No, its not geared towards christianity, but religion, however to put it in a context that is easy for you to relate to i have chosen this video.

Do you think that what goes on in that video is acceptable? Cus i sure as hell (if you don't mind the pun) do not.
    I watched the whole video, God help me, and did not see one iota of camera time spent on anyone but Christians. It is all well and good for you to say it is about more than Christianity, but your video belies that point. Given that irrefutable fact, you simply cannot state otherwise.

As for your assertion that you do not need to mention Islam on this site, that is self-serving. You need to mention it if you intend to show yourself as anything other than Christianphobic. But you don't mention it, for the simple reason that it is not your target; Christianity is. Like it or not, the truth is out.

Finally, I do not appreciate the attempt at painting me as an imbecile who needs you to put this in a "context" that I can understand. That kind of nonsense makes you no better than any troll.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 02-10-2010 at 06:18 PM.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Noir the video covers one small sect of christianity. Your painting with a broad brush here. Much like the propaganda videos of the nazi's in the 30's. If your going to condemn all religions then do so with video's about ALL religions.

I'm as non-religious as you are, but I don't post things like this just to rile people up. It's not even a fair representation of Christianity.

Here's your lumps, take em and go.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I watched the whole video, God help me, and did not see one iota of camera time spent on anyone but Christians. It is all well and good for you to say it is about more than Christianity, but your video belies that point. Given that irrefutable fact, you simply cannot state otherwise.
    So what, do you want me to post up some videos of Islamic indoctrination aswell? If so i happily will. This is not about Christianity, but about religion.

As for your assertion that you do not need to mention Islam on this site, that is self-serving. You need to mention it if you intend to show yourself as anything other than Christianphobic. But you don't mention it, for the simple reason that it is not your target; Christianity is. Like it or not, the truth is out.
    Erm, no, lol, I am against ALL religions. The fact that this is a pretty Christian site means that there is not much point in me posting comments relating to what Mohammed and the Qur'an say, because you will all agree with me that it is tosh.

Finally, I do not appreciate the attempt at painting me as an imbecile who needs you to put this in a "context" that I can understand. That kind of nonsense makes you no better than any troll.
    I'm not trying to make anyone look like imbeciles, i'm just asking questions, and you have not answered the question i asked. You believe it is right that parents can pass on their religion to their children, does that extend to what you saw in that video? (which i personally view as child abuse)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Noir the video covers one small sect of christianity. Your painting with a broad brush here. Much like the propaganda videos of the nazi's in the 30's. If your going to condemn all religions then do so with video's about ALL religions.

I'm as non-religious as you are, but I don't post things like this just to rile people up. It's not even a fair representation of Christianity.

Here's your lumps, take em and go.
    Indeedy i understand it is, and have already addressed this in the thread when i said

Obviously this is an extreme example, but the same happens on smaller scales everywhere, whether its sending a kid to a faith school or making them go to church classes ect. Indoctrination is taking place
    And i am not 'non-religious' i am 'anti-religoius'