Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Lol, you're the on that needs to do the thinking sir,
    best of luck with the skiing.
    Thanks for confirming your closed mindedness. Gold medal for me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Thanks for confirming your closed mindedness. Gold medal for me.
    So when you say that I need to think, everythings a-okay, but when i say you need to think, i'm confirming my closed mindedness
    and when i say somthing came from nothing, i'm being illogical and unreasonable, but when you say somthing came from nothing, you are being totally logical and reasonable

and congrats on the medal.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

So when you say that I need to think, everythings a-okay, but when i say you need to think, i'm confirming my closed mindedness
    and when i say somthing came from nothing, i'm being illogical and unreasonable, but when you say somthing came from nothing, you are being totally logical and reasonable

and congrats on the medal.
    Thanks for again proving that you haven't read my posts, or are unable to comprehend English. Since you have nothing new to add, I'll be moving on now...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...erm...exactly lol.

So you believe that a god appeared, and over a period of time 'learned', somehow, how to create matter through energy. So do tell me, what is this God made of, matter or energy (or both) and who made the matter and energy to make him?
    According to the Bible:

<< John 1 >>
    American King James Version

--------------------------------------

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

http://kjv.us/john/1.htm
    God is raw intellect that creates, increases, manipulates, deminishes and destroys energy at will.

Matter, on the other hand, may only exist in our minds at God's whim...We see and feel what God wishes us to.

Time does not exist to God and is an illusion created as a learning tool for the benefit of God's living creations.

Time is only one of God's many illusions...When you reach a higher level you may be able to discuss these things with God personally.

Someday you may come to realize that everything you cherished and coveted were nothing but meaningless illusions to prepare you for what's next.

Who knows, peckerwood?...We may all be surprised by the truth after our personal battle of waterloo.

I know there aint no heaven but I pray there aint no hell

But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell

And when I'm dead and when I'm gone

There'll be one child born in this world to carry on

To carry on...

Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    According to the Bible:

God is raw intellect that creates, increases, manipulates, deminishes and destroys energy at will.

Matter, on the other hand, may only exist in our minds at God's whim...We see and feel what God wishes us to.

Time does not exist to God and is an illusion created as a learning tool for the benefit of God's living creations.

Time is only one of God's many illusions...When you reach a higher level you may be able to discuss these things with God personally.

Someday you may come to realize that everything you cherished and coveted were nothing but meaningless illusions to prepare you for what's next.

Who knows, peckerwood?...We may all be surprised by the truth after our personal battle of waterloo.

I know there aint no heaven but I pray there aint no hell

But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell

And when I'm dead and when I'm gone

There'll be one child born in this world to carry on

To carry on...

You say God is raw intellect, and yet offer not where this raw intellect came from.

Also be careful with your double negatives, i.e. "aint no" i hate that phrase, and even more when its not used right. /nazi
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You say God is raw intellect, and yet offer not where this raw intellect came from.

Also be careful with your double negatives, i.e. "aint no" i hate that phrase, and even more when its not used right. /nazi
    Those are the lyrics from a song, peckerwood.

Besides, I like double negatives...They compliment my "HogTrash" image.

From the 'Big God Bang' I suppose.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Those are the lyrics from a song, peckerwood.
    Far enough, that isn't really clear from it thought, i assumed it was another glorious hog-quote.

From the 'Big God Bang' I suppose.
    I happen to give a fuck, if you do not then i would wonder why you bothered to post in this thread in the first place. But no doubt you have your god, whatever it is, and have programmed yourself to not ask such questions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I happen to give a fuck, if you do not then i would wonder why you bothered to post in this thread in the first place. But no doubt you have your god, whatever it is, and have programmed yourself to not ask such questions.
    I didn't mean to sound mean.

What I mean is God wasn't even around a nano second before his creation so he probably doesn't even know for sure how he got here.

I suppose the possibility even exists that God may have always been here so really, what difference does it make.

I mean we don't even know for sure how the universe was created...The Big Bang theory is after all just a theory.

Maybe some things simply weren't meant to be figured out on this plane of existance?...Patience, like virginity, is a virtue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

1. Maybe God is a rock, a real rock?
    2. And Jesus being God, wasn't far from explaining it to the apostles.
    3. When he said, "Upon this rock I shall build my church."
    4. And when in scriptures it says the "Bride of Christ" is a huge building made out of stone, which will some day be brought down from Heaven to be set in Israel, perhaps that too is a sign, or signal, that God, actually is a solid substance, beyond our understanding, totally.
    5. Just a thought, not that I'm saying this is reality, but it could be debated???

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Last edited by chesswarsnow; 02-22-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

According to the Bible:

What does it even mean, to be "raw intellect"? If by that you mean disembodied, then you are making a very dubious claim; wherever we discover intelligence, we find it to be embodied.

Furthermore, creation ex nihilo is logically impossible. The ancient Greek philosophers recognized this; and it is a truth enshrined in the First Law of Thermodynamics.

This is a typical way of imagining monotheist deity - the characteristic Christian way of trying to combine the Apeiron of ancient Greek philosophy, with the fedualistic Jehovah of the ancient Hebrews. It was a very evocative amalgam of concepts of the divine, and it has certainly had massive historical influence. But it is a hopeless muddle. Case in point the above remark. This is the sort of way that many educated believers want to imagine their god, i.e. as an entity who is literally limitless; but trying to combine the Apeiron with the personal God of the Hebrews only results in monotheism yielding to pantheism. If nothing stands over and against God, everything is reduced to God, ultimately. Matter, indeed, becomes an illousion. We're all in the Matrix, now.

It amazes me, how believers can sputter out this kind of gibberish. Tell me, did God "create time" before or after he predestined untold numbers of men and women (with free will) to hell?

I'd love to hear how a discussion can take place "outside time."

Christianity, or New Age? What does it matter? It's all vain superstition.

Thomas Jefferson:

“The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.” [in a letter to John Adams (4/11/1823)]
    Last edited by Pericles; 02-27-2010 at 02:49 PM.