Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow *Are Christians Due To Care For All Orpans & Widows?*

Sorry bout that,

1. Came across this link, and this guys rambling on how its the *Christians Duty* to care for all the homeless of the world, all those in dire straits, all those whithout parents, all those hit by tragic events, natural or man made.
    2. We Christians are stewarts of the planet, he says, wiping every eye, cleaning up every mess, from this side of the planet to any other side.
    3. Be it a islamic nation hell bent on our destruction, whatever, we are due to go in there and help these poor struggling people, even if they hate us, or we might preach our brand of religion, they resent that, and others who see us going there to help, they exclaim we only help, so we can convert, *WHILE THEY WON'T BE GOING*.
    4. Is it our duty, to not take care of our own orphans, or is it we kill the unborn so fast that orphans don't get a chance to live.
    5. Are our widows being taken care of?
    6. Do we really look after them properly, sending them to old folks homes, where they are in a snall hospital type room, and stripped of everything they've ever known around them.
    7. This link I'm about post the writer seems to think people in Africa with AIDS are more important than our own widows indeed, which our widows don't live in Africa, they live in America, and Europe.
    8. With what extra we can afford, *that* should be sent to help them, but we see our Government spending billions on our account to supply support for these orphans and widows throughout the world.
    9. Is it apreciated?
    10. I don't think so, not enough for sure, but still we as a Nation keep doing it, like at some time, in the future, things will change.
    11. Link and sample:http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/op...28kristof.html

"For most of the last century, save-the-worlders were primarily Democrats and liberals. In contrast, many Republicans and religious conservatives denounced government aid programs, with Senator Jesse Helms calling them “money down a rat hole.”

Evangelism Over the last decade, however, that divide has dissolved, in ways that many Americans haven’t noticed or appreciated. Evangelicals have become the new internationalists, pushing successfully for new American programs against AIDS and malaria, and doing superb work on issues from human trafficking in India to mass rape in Congo.

A pop quiz: What’s the largest U.S.-based international relief and development organization?

It’s not Save the Children, and it’s not CARE — both terrific secular organizations. Rather, it’s World Vision, a Seattle-based Christian organization (with strong evangelical roots) whose budget has roughly tripled over the last decade.

World Vision now has 40,000 staff members in nearly 100 countries. That’s more staff members than CARE, Save the Children and the worldwide operations of the United States Agency for International Development — combined.

A growing number of conservative Christians are explicitly and self-critically acknowledging that to be “pro-life” must mean more than opposing abortion. The head of World Vision in the United States, Richard Stearns, begins his fascinating book, “The Hole in Our Gospel,” with an account of a visit a decade ago to Uganda, where he met a 13-year-old AIDS orphan who was raising his younger brothers by himself.

“What sickened me most was this question: where was the Church?” he writes. “Where were the followers of Jesus Christ in the midst of perhaps the greatest humanitarian crisis of our time? Surely the Church should have been caring for these ‘orphans and widows in their distress.’ (James 1:27). Shouldn’t the pulpits across America have flamed with exhortations to rush to the front lines of compassion?

“How have we missed it so tragically, when even rock stars and Hollywood actors seem to understand?”

Mr. Stearns argues that evangelicals were often so focused on sexual morality and a personal relationship with God that they ignored the needy. He writes laceratingly about “a Church that had the wealth to build great sanctuaries but lacked the will to build schools, hospitals, and clinics.”

MORE ON LINK, YOU SHOULD READ THE WHOLE THING,....

11. Why should we be caring so much for these orphans and widows in other poor Nations, when they couldn't care less who was supply it, and that the ones supplying it are Christians, and want to reach out to them as Christians, but get snubbed for doing so.
    12. I don't see it as being a Christian tenent to do it, when those receiving this love and help, don't want it with our Christain love and teaching attached to it.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Last edited by chesswarsnow; 02-28-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I'm not reading all of that, but i get the jist, I guess it depends on which part of being a Christian you value more.

I would say the most important 'Christian' value, ( i put it in inverted quotes as it is certainly not unique to Christianity) is the Golden Rule, i.e. Do onto others as you would have done onto yourself.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.