Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    Personally, I see atheists as a bunch of cry-baby, spoiled, rebellious children who just want to deny the beliefs of their forefathers so they can do whatever they want without any guilt.

Any resemblances to Liberals was completely unintentional, mea culpa.

There first had to be Theists in order for there to be A-Theists.
    Yeah thats what i want, a guilt free life, thats why i spend all my time getting drunk, having multiple sexual partners and so forth, while my Christian friends are models of sobriety and sexual chastity [please not this was packed to the rafters with sarcasm)

I live by the mantra of the Golden rule, and i do not need the bribe of eternal life, or the fear of eternal damnation to make me stick to it.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Joyful HoneyBee;409382]Such as atheist perchance? Like it or not Noir, people are going to raise their child as they see fit. I certainly don't agree with much of the parenting I see going on....I haven't even been thrilled with every single aspect of my own parenting skills. However, even with mistakes made, children brought up to feel cared for generally turn out reasonably well. But, do you truly expect for society to reach into every household and manipulate every aspect of how every parent raises every child? Would that be reasonable and acceptable?[/quoye]

I'll admit i laughed at the "atheist"
    And i know, as i said in a previous reply the state is not the answer, attitudes at home have to change, which will be a veryyyyy slow process, but it will happen i'm just looking to raise consciousness towards the issue.

If this had been the first post where I've seen you jab at Christianity I would not have pointed out not perception that you are taking pot shots. I have posted film footage of children being taught much more disturbing things, such as being suicide martyrs for Islam and didn't see a response from you about that. Footage depicting veiled women being publicly whipped by men is out there too, but you're not posting that. So, here ya go...how's this for 'child abuse'?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3VfhK-nTXww&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3VfhK-nTXww&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No, Noir, the drum you persistently beat is that of Anti-Christianity, and it has not gone unnoticed. Why not just leave it alone if you don't like it?
    I have honestly never seen you post threads like that, sorry i missed them, but i don't know how many times i have to say this, i am against all religion, but there's no point in posting questions about the Islamic faith or Hindu faith and so forth, because no one on this site is going to argue against that.

And this is too important to 'leave alone'
    Last edited by Noir; 02-15-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. Here's how I read what Noirs perfect world entails.
    2. No religion to be taught any child.
    3. Until they reach maturity, let's say 19.
    4. About the time they enter college.
    5. Then the atheist professors get a crack at their heads full of mush first.
    6. And then and only then afterwards, they get to take a Bible class.
    7. If it's sticks at that point, then it's okay by him.
    8. This way everyone has an equal opertunity of being *F*ed up for life just like he is.
    9. He's so lonely being the only atheist he knows.
    10. Misery loves company, and it's true you waste much effort casting pearls to swine.
    11. No offense Noir, it's just something Jesus said, and I'm sure in your whole life you have been under the weight of being told Jesus is out to get you, maybe he is, you might want to ask why?

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    This is all utter tosh, please consult an earlier post i made for an 'ideal world'

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    can you document for me who these people are who are racist because of their religion?....
    Muslims being brought up to hate jews is an obvious modern day example, but there are countless examples throughout history,

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    All of this is probably true but you're leaving something out.....The catalyst.

It is possible you don't even realize it but if you think hard enough, you'll remember.
    The 'catalyst' was an inquisitive mind, religions don't stand well against questions.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    LOL!...Most all pre-20th century writtings were sexist.

Hell, most all 20th century writtings were sexist...LOL!

Another indication of your marxist enfluenced atheism.

Racism and Sexism are well known marxist strategies, Noir.
    So you are saying that it is only sexist because of the time in which it was written?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    So you happily concede the New Testament perches sexism?
    Sexism? Sexism is a concept that denies that man and woman are actually and by design, different from one another. You cannot by any standard prove sexism based on what the New Testament teaches about man and woman.

Only by applying modern liberal ideology can one decry the attitudes taught by the Bible about woman as sexism. It is like calling any objection to homosexuality out as homophobia and is just as dishonest.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Sexism? Sexism is a concept that denies that man and woman are actually and by design, different from one another. You cannot by any standard prove sexism based on what the New Testament teaches about man and woman.

Only by applying modern liberal ideology can one decry the attitudes taught by the Bible about woman as sexism. It is like calling any objection to homosexuality out as homophobia and is just as dishonest.
    lol, so thats a yes and no, lemme put it another way, do you think that in todays more modern more liberal society a women should be able to become pope?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

lol, so thats a yes and no, lemme put it another way, do you think that in todays more modern more liberal society a women should be able to become pope?
    I will answer that with a question.

Where exactly in the New Testament do we read about a pope?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just a question..If modern liberal ideology is not applied..would you like to see women continue to be subservient to men??
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Just a question..If modern liberal ideology is not applied..would you like to see women continue to be subservient to men??
    According to the text of the New Testament, women are not to be in positions of spiritual leadership. It is as it was designed by God. We don't have any right to change that.

Now, to deal with your intentional use of the most inflammatory term possible. The term used in the New Testament is submit, it means to follow the leadership of another and in the context it is speaking of spiritual matters.

When we look at this honestly without the modern liberal ideologies, your argument falls completely flat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

According to the text of the New Testament, women are not to be in positions of spiritual leadership. It is as it was designed by God. We don't have any right to change that.

Now, to deal with your intentional use of the most inflammatory term possible. The term used in the New Testament is submit, it means to follow the leadership of another and in the context it is speaking of spiritual matters.

When we look at this honestly without the modern liberal ideologies, your argument falls completely flat.
    I wasn't making an argument, I was asking a question. But since you added "submit" I'd suggest most reasonable folks accept and understand that as subservient.

Can't a woman follow God on her own? Must she follow a man?

That my friend IS subservient.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I will answer that with a question.

Where exactly in the New Testament do we read about a pope?
    You were the one that said "The man is to take the leadership roles in Christs church, not the woman."
    I would say the pope is a leadership role, yeah?

Now, do you think a women should be able to be pope?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

[/quoye]

I'll admit i laughed at the "atheist"
    And i know, as i said in a previous reply the state is not the answer, attitudes at home have to change, which will be a veryyyyy slow process, but it will happen i'm just looking to raise consciousness towards the issue.

I have honestly never seen you post threads like that, sorry i missed them, but i don't know how many times i have to say this, i am against all religion, but there's no point in posting questions about the Islamic faith or Hindu faith and so forth, because no one on this site is going to argue against that.

And this is too important to 'leave alone'
    I am sure there are countless people reading this board of all religions. If you really cared about denouncing all religions, you would be doing it. The excuse that your audience is only Christian is weak at best.

I still think you are Christian-phobic. On some level you realize it is the true faith, so it is the only one scares you enough to criticize. That's ok, we Christians get it.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 02-15-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    The Bible clearly stated the earth to be round many years before Christ. Circles are round BTW.

Isa 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
    A circle is two dimensional. A pizza is both round and flat and is not a globe. Your passage demonstrates nothing.

You did manage to totally miss the point however. Beliefs held by previous generations aren't necessarily based on fact...to the contrary, the accuracy of the belief is inversely proportional to the age of the belief.