Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Sorry bout that,

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    No, the main focus of humanity is tolerance, as can be found in the golden rule. The fact that we have gone through the New Test. and Old Test and scrubbed out the bad bits (by our own judgement) has meant Christianity is more tolerant, but some intolerance's still exist, for example intolerance of homosexuals ect.

I'm sure i could pick 100 bible verses, and as a Christian you would disagree with every one of them, as would i as an atheist, why? Because we are decent people and we know what is right and what is wrong, with or without religion.

1. Pure blarney.
    2. Just where do you base your moral back ground from?
    3. From some acient atheist text, passed down through the generational curve of some secret society inwhich your gand parents were members?

Regards,
    SirJAmesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    So, do you deny that your negativity towards religion was enfluenced by marxist propaganda?
    I can tell you for a fact that marxism has nothing to do with it, i hate marxism and find it truly laughable that people put their faith it in, as much as any religion,
    Last edited by Noir; 02-11-2010 at 01:26 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. Pure blarney.
    2. Just where do you base your moral back ground from?
    3. From some acient atheist text, passed down through the generational curve of some secret society inwhich your gand parents were members?

Regards,
    SirJAmesofTexas
    Are moral code comes from the selfish gene, it is built into us, just as is the instinct to eat and to laugh and cry.
    Tell me, where does your moral code come from?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

Are moral code comes from the selfish gene, it is built into us, just as is the instinct to eat and to laugh and cry.
    Tell me, where does your moral code come from?

1. If you had morals from being a non believer~atheist, then you would be immoral in all things.
    2. The fact you don't marry your sister or mother is directly attributed to the Christain Faith.
    3. To state otherwise is unwise.
    4. Morals come from religion, and the best morals come from being a Christian.
    5. If there were no religion, then anything goes, you could marry the dog just like you've always wanted.
    6. You could turn away a hungry person who had nothing, and feel no guilt.
    7. You could *lol* at all peoples and Nations when a tragic event took place.
    8. You could be in a *Atheist Heaven* on Earth.
    9. A world where all you had to say or do, is say, "Its nothing to do with me"
    10. Kinda like what we see when something bad happens internationally, and all the muslims turn their backs, you can't expect much from a cult, a step down from being a atheist.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Last edited by chesswarsnow; 02-11-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Sorry bout that,

1. If you had morals from being a non believer~atheist, then you would be immoral in all things.
    2. The fact you don't marry your sister or mother is directly attributed to the Christain Faith.
    3. To state otherwise is unwise.
    4. Morals come from religion, and the best morals come from being a Christian.
    5. If there were no religion, then anything goes, you could marry the dog just like you've always wanted.
    6. You could turn away a hungry person who had nothing, and feel no guilt.
    7. You could *lol* at all peoples and Nations when a tragic event took place.
    8. You could be in a *Atheist Heaven* on Earth.
    9. A world where all you had to say or do, is say, "Its nothing to do with me"
    10. Kinda like what we see when something bad happens, and al the muslims turn their backs.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Please show me were morals come from religion?

I am always amazed at what religious people say they would do if they had no religion to follow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

Please show me were morals come from religion?

I am always amazed at what religious people say they would do if they had no religion to follow.

1. You mean like book, chapter, and verse?

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Sorry bout that,

1. You mean like book, chapter, and verse?

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Yes i do, and don't start quoting the bible at me, and what Jesus said, he merely adapted the idea of the golden rule which was around thousands of years before he lived.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes i do, and don't start quoting the bible at me, and what Jesus said, he merely adapted the idea of the golden rule which was around thousands of years before he lived.
    Why do you even ask these kinds of questions about morality since you have a sycophantically atheist predisposition toward mocking the religious. Either let him answer you or shut up and don't ask. It really is simple. You want some respect, you really should give some first.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

1. So you believed the blarney about Jesus borrowing from from other teacher?
    2. Wow you are gone.
    3. I can't help you.
    4. So why don't you explain to me how non Christian it is that I just told you that?

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Why do you even ask these kinds of questions about morality since you have a sycophantically atheist predisposition toward mocking the religious. Either let him answer you or shut up and don't ask. It really is simple. You want some respect, you really should give some first.
    I have to ask the question for him to be able to answer =/
    Infact i ask the question so he can answer.
    And i am not after your or anyone elses respect, though i will certainly not go out of my way to be dis-respectful. But if you consider my questions dis-respectful then that is a matter for you and not me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Sorry bout that,

1. So you believed the blarney about Jesus borrowing from from other teacher?
    2. Wow you are gone.
    3. I can't help you.
    4. So why don't you explain to me how non Christian it is that I just told you that?

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Jesus said something along the lines of 'do onto others as you would have done to yourself.

Predating him by thousands of years was Maat, the son of Ra, who said "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do"

Now i assume you do not believe that Ra and Maat are real gods, and thus the morals which they preached must surly of came from man, no?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have to ask the question for him to be able to answer =/
    Infact i ask the question so he can answer.
    And i am not after your or anyone elses respect, though i will certainly not go out of my way to be dis-respectful. But if you consider my questions dis-respectful then that is a matter for you and not me.
    No, Noir, you constantly make overtly disrespectful claims about the religious that you cannot support and then you have the nerve to ask for religious proof of an assertion while demanding that the Bible not be used to support the point. Maybe you should read your own work before you hit the post button and you wont get your backside rhetorically handed to you for trying to play the catch 22 type card game.

It most certainly is a matter for YOU to fix.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No, Noir, you constantly make overtly disrespectful claims about the religious that you cannot support and then you have the nerve to ask for religious proof of an assertion while demanding that the Bible not be used to support the point. Maybe you should read your own work before you hit the post button and you wont get your backside rhetorically handed to you for trying to play the catch 22 type card game.

It most certainly is a matter for YOU to fix.
    Where have a been dis-respectful? It is not dis-respectful to ask questions, we're human, thats what we do.

Morals do not come from the Christian god, or any other god for that matter, but from humans. I merely stopped CWN before he wasted time searching for bible quotes by saying that the quotes he was going to use were just adaptations of ideas that have been around since man himself,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Where have a been dis-respectful? It is not dis-respectful to ask questions, we're human, thats what we do.

Morals do not come from the Christian god, or any other god for that matter, but from humans. I merely stopped CWN before he wasted time searching for bible quotes by saying that the quotes he was going to use were just adaptations of ideas that have been around since man himself,
    What a complete load of piffle.

The assertion you make is based on your belief, however misguided it may be, that man cannot take his moral guidance from God because you believe it to be from elsewhere. You belief does not change the fact that many read the words of God in the Bible and guide their life morally by them. Step away from disrespectful attitude toward the religious for a moment and you might be able to see that. Don't ever tell me that I personally cannot find moral guidance because you don't believe in God, it is insulting and is likely to get your assertion dismissed out of hand for the arrogant mental hooey that it is.

Consider the following as biblical guidance for morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gal 5:19-23
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

What a complete load of piffle.

The assertion you make is based on your belief, however misguided it may be, that man cannot take his moral guidance from God because you believe it to be from elsewhere. You belief does not change the fact that many read the words of God in the Bible and guide their life morally by them. Step away from disrespectful attitude toward the religious for a moment and you might be able to see that. Don't ever tell me that I personally cannot find moral guidance because you don't believe in God, it is insulting and is likely to get your assertion dismissed out of hand for the arrogant mental hooey that it is.

Consider the following as biblical guidance for morality.
    Ofcourse there are moral messages in the bible, as there are in the Qur'an, Hindu teachings, ancient egyptian papyrus and so forth. But the key is where did all of this morality come from? I put it to you that it came from man. Where do you think it came from?