Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Military to Discipline at Least 6 Officers in Ft. Hood Case

Good I say. These guys dropped the ball because they didn't wanna be racist or what not.

The military will formally discipline at least six officers, mostly from Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, for failing to take action against the officer accused of carrying out last year's deadly shooting rampage at Fort Hood, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The officials said that as many as eight officers could ultimately be censured over Hasan, mostly with letters of reprimand that effectively end their military careers.
    I hate that it would come to this.... but I am glad that they are holding them accountable and even if it is example setting, maybe the next guy that listens to someone go on like the shooter did will do something about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You do realize, of course, that if those same officers had taken action, they would have been receiving letters of reprimand anyway for being racists. They were doomed from the start no matter what they did. These guys are just the sacrificial lambs. Wiat unitl "don't ask, don't tell" gets thrown out and problems surface. There will be a lot more officers thrown under the bus.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand that too... it is a double edged sword when it really comes down to it.

but I was also looking at it as, do you want a reprimand and be able to say " I was right and I stood by what I thought was right even though I got into trouble" or " I brushed it under the rug becasue I didn't want anybody to say antyhing about me". Sucks to be them, but someone should have raised a flag instead of just going "oh well".
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    Good I say. These guys dropped the ball because they didn't wanna be racist or what not.

I hate that it would come to this.... but I am glad that they are holding them accountable and even if it is example setting, maybe the next guy that listens to someone go on like the shooter did will do something about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    The military just as the rest of the country needs to profile and quit playing patty-cake with muslims.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    The military just as the rest of the country needs to profile and quit playing patty-cake with muslims.
    as they say, 'Truer words were never spoken'

better to be wrong and 'racist' and check things out then look the other way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Military to Discipline at Least 6 Officers in Ft. Hood Case

What good does it do to hold anyone accountable if the US military and government still uses political correctness in all decisions of policy?
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!