Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Merged: Obama rebuffs McCain attack at summit: 'The election is over.

McCain just called out the President and his ilk for their shadiness and lying during the creation of the current 'health care reform' bill(s).

Our Weak President simply side-stepped

"Eight times (during the campaign) you said the healthcare negotiations would be conducted on C-SPAN,'' Republican Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) today told his erstwhile adversary, President Barack Obama.

That time finally has come, McCain said at the televised heatlhcare summit today -- but unfortunately the legislation before them now is the product of months of backroom deals. That included an agreement reached early on at the White House with the pharmaceutical industry, McCain said in a highly pointed series of accusations.

"John....'' Obama said.

"May I just finish?'' McCain said. "When my constituents and Americans who now object to this proposal say they want us to go back to the beginning, they want us to go back to the beginning.''

That means going through the 2,400-page document and removing all the special provisions for special interests, McCain said.

"We're not campaigning anymore -- the election;s over,'' Obama finally said.

"I'm reminded of that every day,'' McCain said with a laugh.

"We can have a debate about process, or we can have a debate about how we're going to help the American people,'' Obama told McCain. "The latter debate is the one they care about more.''
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bambam will regret this was televised.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Obama rebuffs McCain attack at summit: 'The election is over.

Seems Obama is a little stumped when called a liar, his answer is we are not campaigning no more, is it possible that he finally realized that? Or was he just at a loss of words when told after a entire year of lies ya finally have us on C-span ?

There doesn't appear to be any love lost between the two candidates who faced off for the presidency in 2008.

Taking his turn to speak at this morning's historic bipartisan summit on health care reform, Sen. John McCain launched into a spirited attack on President Obama and the Democrats in Congress. He cited "unsavory" deals made by Democratic leadership in the Senate, argued that Obama had broken his promise to have previous health care negotiations live on C-Span and called on President Obama to "start over."

President Obama didn't take kindly to McCain's attack, saying bluntly to McCain "We're not campaigning anymore. The election is over."

Chuckling, McCain responded "I'm reminded of that every day."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201002...s/ynews_ts1187

How Funny to watch the Messia squirm, no teleprompter to save his liar ass
    Last edited by Jeff; 02-25-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the election is over, why is Obama still campaigning?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    If the election is over, why is Obama still campaigning?
    My thoughts exactly, LOL
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Seems Obama is a little stumped when called a liar, his answer is we are not campaigning no more, is it possible that he finally realized that? Or was he just at a loss of words when told after a entire year of lies ya finally have us on C-span ?

There doesn't appear to be any love lost between the two candidates who faced off for the presidency in 2008.

Taking his turn to speak at this morning's historic bipartisan summit on health care reform, Sen. John McCain launched into a spirited attack on President Obama and the Democrats in Congress. He cited "unsavory" deals made by Democratic leadership in the Senate, argued that Obama had broken his promise to have previous health care negotiations live on C-Span and called on President Obama to "start over."

President Obama didn't take kindly to McCain's attack, saying bluntly to McCain "We're not campaigning anymore. The election is over."

Chuckling, McCain responded "I'm reminded of that every day."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201002...s/ynews_ts1187

How Funny to watch the Messia squirm, no teleprompter to save his liar ass

I saw that. It was just about the time when someone wanted to speak that
    he arrogantly stated "I dont have much time". Guess the summitt (lol) was
    cutting into time on his endless lecture circuit/campaign trail.
    What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would receive a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Merged like threads.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cat slave View Post
    I saw that. It was just about the time when someone wanted to speak that
    he arrogantly stated "I dont have much time". Guess the summitt (lol) was
    cutting into time on his endless lecture circuit/campaign trail.
    ...you mean his Apology Tour?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I found rather humorous was when McCain asked the president, "Why would we want to carve out 800,000 people in Florida, that would not have their medicare advantage cut and then say it's treated the same"? And then OB says, " I think you make a legitmate point." And everyone starts laughing and McCain falls thru his ass.....