Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    That sounds like the homemade hot sauce my brother use to make. Need to wear rubber gloves while making it. One drop in a bowl of chili and you can watch the sweat pour down as they eat. Getting it on your skin directly would raise blisters. I said, And your eating that?
    Those ultra hot sauces are boosted with capsasin extract... which add no flavor. The super hot sauces appeal to people who want to be tough or something. If a hot sauce does not add to the flavor of the dish you're putting it on, then there is no sense in having it. Plus those sauces have hurt some people that have tried them... definitely not worth the risk.

I ran across a new hot sauce made by the Tabasco sauce people that is made from Habenero peppers... it's hot but very tasty.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    interesting.....I was pressured into eating escargot once, did not enjoy it at all....I am also opposed to oysters, but one thing I have absolutely refused to try is crawfish.....have you seen where those things live?.....

now, that being said, I grew up in a Dutch family......one of the family delicasies is balkenbrij.....loosely translated, headcheese.....

now the secret of making headcheese is that you scrape all the tiny bits of meat that remain on the head of a pig after butchering....then you add the liver, kidneys, heart and various other bits of flesh that normally are not eaten and you grind them up......this concoction is then fried like loose meat hamburger, spooned onto a slice of bread, covered in corn syrup and eaten with gusto....

prospective inlaws are given the headcheese test before being admitted into the family....we tolerate no faint hearted projeny.....

I've seen headcheese in supermarkets on occasion. It is one of the most disgusting things on this planet. Makes me want to hurl just thinking about it.... Nasty...
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Anyone ever had beef tongue?
    Yep, I've had it many long years ago. It actually didn't taste all that bad. As I recall it had a beefy taste to it. Go figure. But just the idea of it being a tongue has turned me off from ever eating it again.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Oranges are pretty gross...but, I can choke them down if I have to. Watermelon,honey dew and cantelope ...NO WAY!

Man, that stuff is delish....I esp. love watermelon and cantelope...Ymmm. I sprinkle some salt on each bite to bring out the flavor and I am in Heaven...,.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Ew, I just remembered I ate a pickled egg one time. Gross, gross, gross.
    I've made them before. They weren't that bad if you like pickled foods. I boiled them and then put them in a jar of pickle juice for a couple of days and walla.............pickled eggs......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    that's funny............ I hate it, Ry loves it, and dad likes it, I won't say love cause i'm not sure on that one.....
    I hate that stuff. Had to eat enough of it when my kids were little because it was cheap to make. I just can't stand the way any of the pasta ends up all mushy. Disgusting. I only make my meals from scratch and don't use that crapola anymore. Nasty, nasty, nasty and oh so gross....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    Something I ate in an Indian restaurant. Tasted like olive and roses, with extra olive and rose flavor. I almost threw up!

Sounds like that mid eastern crapola we got sucked into eating and paying well over $100 for. That is some seriously nasty food....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    Liver.

Smells great in the frying pan, tastes like shit on the plate.

Liverwurst is another story. Thinly sliced liverwurst on rye with onions and limburger cheese and a little horseradish, now that's the shizzle.

Beef liver isn't bad. And fried chicken livers are terrific. When you cook them and then smash them up into gravy it only makes the gravy that much richer tasting. Very flavorful. Pork liver is gross. Too grizzily for me. And I can't stand liverwurst. That's some nasty stuff and smells awful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ham Omelet MRE

Most disgusting thing I've ever attempted to eat.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    I suppose I didn't know this either since I thoroughly chew my oysters as well as other shell fish, whether they're cooked or raw.
    0,o
    You like the salty water?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A balut, couldn't get a single bite down. Too gross for words.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr