Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Marine Let's Us Know What He Thinks

Marine tells it like it is in email just posted on Drudge..........

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

Irate Marine in Ramadi Responds to 'War is Lost' Message
    Mon Apr 23 2007 13:07:1 ET

From PatDollard.com:

This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

Corporal Tyler Rock, 1/6 Charlie Company, on the left, at my old home, Camp Hurricane Point, Ramadi.

A view from OP Horea, “Most Dangerous Spot On Earth”, Downtown Ramadi. I no shit watched several terrorists die, on several different days, on this small strip of asphalt. We also took many IED strikes on it. This photo is from Corporal Rock.

Today, from Corporal Tyler Rock in an outpost in downtown Ramadi. His first sentence is in response to an email from me:

“yeah i know how you feel. its going to be very weird leaving this place and going back to america. weve been here for almost an entire year and have lived in the center of it the whole time. its crazy that when we got here it was so hectic and now its calmed down so much. so it was awesome to be able to see that turn out.

yeah news worth reporting…. well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP’s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP’s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children. you can tell that the people want us here to protect them from the thugs and gangs (insurgents). granted they would rather have peace and quit but they know that if we arent here they will be thrown around by the insurgents. a good example is this one mission we did. long story short we got blown up in multiple buildings and had to run into a families house. i spent my christmas holidays covered in ash from the mortar fire and the IED’s, sleeping under a dirty rug i found in the house. everyone was sleeping way to close for comfort just to stay warm. anyways. a family was there and they obviously didnt want us there. atleast at first. the daughters were very sick so our corpsman treated them. they didnt have electricity so we got them a generator for power, they were cold so we got them gas heaters, we got them food and water and then we gave them $500. by the end of the week long visit with them we were drinking tea with them. when we left we cleaned their house better than it was when we got there. i even have pictures with the family. they told us that they liked marines and they would help us as much as they could and they gave us some information on the insurgents in the area. we ended up catching a HUGE target down the road from there house because of it.

Part Of A Weapons Cache Seized Recently In Fields Next To What Used To Be An Insurgent Claimed Hospital. Thanks To 1/6, The Insurgents Don’t Claim It Anymore. Zarqawi Had Reportedly Been Treated There.

yeah and i got a qoute for that douche harry reid. these families need us here. obviously he has never been in iraq. or atleast the area worth seeing. the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces. we need to stay here and help rebuild. if iraq didnt want us here then why do we have IP’s voluntering everyday to rebuild their cities. and working directly with us too. same with the IA’s. it sucks that iraqi’s have more patriotism for a country that has turned to complete shit more than the people in america who drink starbucks everyday. we could leave this place and say we are sorry to the terrorists. and then we could wait for 3,000 more american civilians to die before we say “hey thats not nice” again. and the sad thing is after we WIN this war. people like him will say he was there for us the whole time.
    and for messages back home.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Need more of these. It's always interesting that the troops that are there have such a different perspective than the libs and media here.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I am sure he got a nice bonus for that.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I am sure he got a nice bonus for that.
    wtf are you talking about? Really? I mean, SERIOUSLY? Can you be SERIOUS? I'm starting to think you cannot.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

American soldiers in Iraq have admitted to earning cash bonuses for authoring positive public statements about the war.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

American soldiers in Iraq have admitted to earning cash bonuses for authoring positive public statements about the war.
    what a crock of horseshit.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's just lib propaganda.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You need to do a movie about what it's like to live in that paranoid little world of yours.......horror flicks are real popular right now. You could theoretically make a bunch of cash and then we can all see whether you actually put your money where you mouth is. We'll see how much your hatred for capitalism stays with you when you are the one in the higher tax brackets.

Forget it, never happen......it would take actual work to pull it off.

By the way ace, it was a personal e-mail, the guy that received it made it public.

ALERT.....DON"T DO THIS STUNT THAT I DESCRIBED BELOW. I WAS JUST JOKING...DON"T DO IT!!!!!

Hey gabby, you know what is really cool, if you look down the barrel of a loaded gun and pull the trigger, if you really consentrate, you can see the bullet coming up the barrel....you have to use a rifle though because the barrel is longer .........but be sure to move you head before it comes out or you could get hurt....... I've done it, it looks really cool!

This is what is called "thinning the herd".
    Last edited by Sitarro; 04-23-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: HAD TO PUT WARNING TO KEEP GABOALOT FROM DOING THIS THING THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN STUPID, JUST THIS ONCE.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Proof?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Without a doubt the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Try spending some time in the military before you make such idiotic and uninformed statements about the military.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Marine tells it like it is in email just posted on Drudge..........

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

Irate Marine in Ramadi Responds to 'War is Lost' Message
    Mon Apr 23 2007 13:07:1 ET

From PatDollard.com:

This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

Corporal Tyler Rock, 1/6 Charlie Company, on the left, at my old home, Camp Hurricane Point, Ramadi.

A view from OP Horea, “Most Dangerous Spot On Earth”, Downtown Ramadi. I no shit watched several terrorists die, on several different days, on this small strip of asphalt. We also took many IED strikes on it. This photo is from Corporal Rock.

Today, from Corporal Tyler Rock in an outpost in downtown Ramadi. His first sentence is in response to an email from me:

“yeah i know how you feel. its going to be very weird leaving this place and going back to america. weve been here for almost an entire year and have lived in the center of it the whole time. its crazy that when we got here it was so hectic and now its calmed down so much. so it was awesome to be able to see that turn out.

yeah news worth reporting…. well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP’s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP’s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children. you can tell that the people want us here to protect them from the thugs and gangs (insurgents). granted they would rather have peace and quit but they know that if we arent here they will be thrown around by the insurgents. a good example is this one mission we did. long story short we got blown up in multiple buildings and had to run into a families house. i spent my christmas holidays covered in ash from the mortar fire and the IED’s, sleeping under a dirty rug i found in the house. everyone was sleeping way to close for comfort just to stay warm. anyways. a family was there and they obviously didnt want us there. atleast at first. the daughters were very sick so our corpsman treated them. they didnt have electricity so we got them a generator for power, they were cold so we got them gas heaters, we got them food and water and then we gave them $500. by the end of the week long visit with them we were drinking tea with them. when we left we cleaned their house better than it was when we got there. i even have pictures with the family. they told us that they liked marines and they would help us as much as they could and they gave us some information on the insurgents in the area. we ended up catching a HUGE target down the road from there house because of it.

Part Of A Weapons Cache Seized Recently In Fields Next To What Used To Be An Insurgent Claimed Hospital. Thanks To 1/6, The Insurgents Don’t Claim It Anymore. Zarqawi Had Reportedly Been Treated There.

yeah and i got a qoute for that douche harry reid. these families need us here. obviously he has never been in iraq. or atleast the area worth seeing. the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces. we need to stay here and help rebuild. if iraq didnt want us here then why do we have IP’s voluntering everyday to rebuild their cities. and working directly with us too. same with the IA’s. it sucks that iraqi’s have more patriotism for a country that has turned to complete shit more than the people in america who drink starbucks everyday. we could leave this place and say we are sorry to the terrorists. and then we could wait for 3,000 more american civilians to die before we say “hey thats not nice” again. and the sad thing is after we WIN this war. people like him will say he was there for us the whole time.
    and for messages back home.
    Look, if the troops were smart enough to be making policy then they'd have gone to college and gotten a job with the state department or gone to officer candidacy school instead of joining the military to be a "grunt." Half of this email, if it's even real, isn't even coherent, much less something to ooh and ahh over. This guy says they've driven out the insurgency, but what's going to happen when they leave? The thing he fails to mention is that every so-called "Iraqi" in that city is loyal to his or her own ethnic or religious sect and as soon as the occupying force leaves the area, the civil war will start right back up again in full bloom. The only way this conflict will end is if one side, the Sunni or Shia dominates the other. Personally, I think the Shia will end up winning because they're backed by Iran. But until then, American soldiers will continue to die. And American servicemen's wives will continue to be widowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Look, if the troops were smart enough to be making policy then they'd have gone to college and gotten a job with the state department or gone to officer candidacy school instead of joining the military to be a "grunt." Half of this email, if it's even real, isn't even coherent, much less something to ooh and ahh over. This guy says they've driven out the insurgency, but what's going to happen when they leave? The thing he fails to mention is that every so-called "Iraqi" in that city is loyal to his or her own ethnic or religious sect and as soon as the occupying force leaves the area, the civil war will start right back up again in full bloom. The only way this conflict will end is if one side, the Sunni or Shia dominates the other. Personally, I think the Shia will end up winning because they're backed by Iran. But until then, American soldiers will continue to die. And American servicemen's wives will continue to be widowed.
    Dude - You really missed the point. And your slam against those who choose perhaps THE most noble career is noted.

From those of us who HAVE given enough of a damn to serve the greater good:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

What makes you believe that it is THE most noble career? It is a choice that you make. There are a great many noble careers out there. There are many career choices that benefit the American people as a whole.
    Serving in the military is a noble career choice, but it doesn't mean your sh*t doesn't stink. I have nothing but sincere appreciation for those who serve in the military. The same appreciation I show toward policemen, firemen, people who work on roads and educators.
    Not everyone is inclined to follow the same path in life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Look, if the troops were smart enough to be making policy then they'd have gone to college and gotten a job with the state department or gone to officer candidacy school instead of joining the military to be a "grunt."
    Nice cheapshot on our military. Typical liberal view of our military: a bunch of dumb idiots who don't know whats best for themselves.
    I joined the military after getting a college degree, and I got more out of the military then I ever did in college.
    For once try to comprehend that attending college doesn't really open your view of worldly events, if anything it narrows them. Until you yourself have actually lived the two differnt lifestyles, that of an easy going lax college life, and that of serving in the military, you should probably keep your mouth in check.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

What makes you believe that it is THE most noble career? It is a choice that you make. There are a great many noble careers out there. There are many career choices that benefit the American people as a whole.
    Serving in the military is a noble career choice, but it doesn't mean your sh*t doesn't stink. I have nothing but sincere appreciation for those who serve in the military. The same appreciation I show toward policemen, firemen, people who work on roads and educators.
    Not everyone is inclined to follow the same path in life.
    www.hop.com

Re-read my thread, then re-ask your first question.