Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Look, if the troops were smart enough to be making policy then they'd have gone to college and gotten a job with the state department or gone to officer candidacy school instead of joining the military to be a "grunt." Half of this email, if it's even real, isn't even coherent, much less something to ooh and ahh over. This guy says they've driven out the insurgency, but what's going to happen when they leave? The thing he fails to mention is that every so-called "Iraqi" in that city is loyal to his or her own ethnic or religious sect and as soon as the occupying force leaves the area, the civil war will start right back up again in full bloom. The only way this conflict will end is if one side, the Sunni or Shia dominates the other. Personally, I think the Shia will end up winning because they're backed by Iran. But until then, American soldiers will continue to die. And American servicemen's wives will continue to be widowed.
    I bet you "support the troops," too, huh?

Bet it never occurred to you that one, some people are grunts because they WANT TO BE, and two, that most grunts posess technical skills you wouldn't understand if you had a book?

And it's so telling that since you can't refute his statement, you condescendingly attack his profession as if he were some lower form of life whose opinion is not to be considered.

I prefer the company of grunts to the company of snot-nosed elitists that couldn't fight their way out of wet paper bag if they had to.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I have tremendous support for the American military. They do a dangerous job. Not to mention having to do the biding of a bunch of power-crazy lunatics.

The military is a wonderful profession, but it is not for everyone. There are a lot of Americans who serve their country betting by staying home and filling other needed occupations. All of which are equally necessary to the survival of the country.