Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

so I listened to part of your first video.....I am puzzled.....the video claims to put nails in the coffin of objections to human evolution....it says the first "nail" is the fact that neanderthals and humans are not genetically related......okay.....

I'm waiting to see how that "proves" human evolution......what am I missing?.....
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so I listened to part of your first video.....I am puzzled.....the video claims to put nails in the coffin of objections to human evolution....it says the first "nail" is the fact that neanderthals and humans are not genetically related......okay.....

I'm waiting to see how that "proves" human evolution......what am I missing?.....
    The first point is the least technical. However, do you not think it is interesting that God made creatures that are like humans, with weapons, music, art ect ect, and their is no mention of it in any creation stories, and they are in no way linked to humans via a genetic link? i.e. they evolved separately. Or did a creator just make some human like creatures with different DNA for some random reason?

The rest of the video is much more technical that the Neanderthal point.

Have any comments on the rest of the videos PMP?
    Last edited by Noir; 03-17-2010 at 07:41 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The first point is the least technical. However, do you not think it is interesting that God made creatures that are like humans, with weapons, music, art ect ect, and their is no mention of it in any creation stories, and they are in no way linked to humans via a genetic link? i.e. they evolved separately. Or did a creator just make some human like creatures with different DNA for some random reason?

The rest of the video is much more technical that the Neanderthal point.

Have any comments on the rest of the videos PMP?
    so let me get this straight....first you wont tell me what your argument is, I have to figure it out by myself.....so then I go in and find out the argument has four parts....I respond to the first one.....instead of debating the first one you say "it doesn't matter, it's just interesting, read another".....

/boggle....

no, I'm not going to read another....argue the first one with me...

how does the existence of neanderthals as NOT the ancestors of humans prove the evolution of humans....why is it a nail in the coffin of creation?......

{this is why I find atheists annoying}
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-17-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

so let me get this straight....first you wont tell me what your argument is, I have to figure it out by myself.....so then I go in and find out the argument has four parts....I respond to the first one.....instead of debating the first one you say "it doesn't matter, it's just interesting, read another".....

/boggle....

no, I'm not going to read another....argue the first one with me...

how does the existence of neanderthals as NOT the ancestors of humans prove the evolution of humans....why is it a nail in the coffin of creation?......
    I laid the argument out in video format, rather than text as its easier to digest as a video because the details involved are very complex indeed.

As i said i don't put much weight behind the first point, its more of a moral exercise than anything else. It is the other 3 points, that deal with specific genetic coding that proves evolution that really matters.

I can understand if you do not want to discuss them, just admit it rather than pretending you care so much about the first point.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I laid the argument out in video format, rather than text as its easier to digest as a video because the details involved are very complex indeed.

As i said i don't put much weight behind the first point, its more of a moral exercise than anything else. It is the other 3 points, that deal with specific genetic coding that proves evolution that really matters.

I can understand if you do not want to discuss them, just admit it rather than pretending you care so much about the first point.
    I'm not even going to listen to them until you debate the first, or at least admit that 25% of your argument sucks ass.....I expect if I wasted my time responding to the second I would just hear, Oh, that isn't the best one, try again....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I laid the argument out in video format
    and let's be perfectly clear....you cut and pasted a video.....you have put ZERO effort into this thread so far.....and you were the one who started it....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-17-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

rather than pretending you care so much about the first point.
    hey, it was YOUR first point.....don't lay this off as being about ME not caring about it, why don't YOU care about it?......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

"The first point is the least technical. However, do you not think it is interesting that God made creatures that are like humans, with weapons, music, art ect ect, and their is no mention of it in any creation stories, and they are in no way linked to humans via a genetic link? i.e. they evolved separately. Or did a creator just make some human like creatures with different DNA for some random reason?

The rest of the video is much more technical that the Neanderthal point."

According to Genesis - God created Man in His own image on the 6th day. Before the 6th day, He created the animals. Neantherdals are not genetically linked to us, therefore, they were created on the 5th day. Now, the Hebrew word for "day" can also mean "age".

Isn't it true that Modern Man did not appear on the scene until about 50,000 years ago? This would indicate that the 6th "day" occured around then. So, how does that contradict evolution?

Also, doesn't evolution presume the existence of a steady state Earth? That is, that there were no cosmic cataclysms, no collapse of the magnetic field,etc that may have influenced the course of life on Earth. Perhaps it was those things that influenced the course of evolution rather than natural selection.

I also want to ask that, if evolution is still occuring, then why don't we see slight differences between us and the mummies of Ancient Egypt? After all, they are over 3,000 years old... so *something* must have changed!

The problem with evolutionists is this. First, you want us to concede that evolution is true, then you will go on to attack the existence of God Himself. You will probably say we are an "accident". Well, OK, if you want to believe that, fine. As for me... I will believe in God.
    Last edited by KarlMarx; 03-18-2010 at 04:51 AM.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anyone that is involved in design or any other creative field would have to find that the our wonderful world and every amazing creature on it couldn't have possibly been an accident. The differences between the big cats alone would have to make you think that evolution is just too simplistic of a theory. The cheetah compared to the snow leopard to the lion to the tiger to the house cat..... all just accidents, sure, I can buy that.

I'm curious, why haven't apes evolved any further than they have? If we supposedly evolved from them, wouldn't they be a little further along than they are? If you want to have some real fun Noir, go get into a discussion with a bunch of black guys about how they came from chimps, they aren't sensitive to that idea at all, I'm sure you ill get some stimulating reactions.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and of course there are many unexplained references in scripture....

Genesis 6
    1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

and some from the apocrypha....
    Enoch 6
    And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.'

'And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.'
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I'm not even going to listen to them until you debate the first, or at least admit that 25% of your argument sucks ass.....I expect if I wasted my time responding to the second I would just hear, Oh, that isn't the best one, try again....

Thats okay, run and hide from the other 3, over the next week or two i will develop 3 other topics to cover the other three points in my own words, and then post them up as new topics, and we can discuss them in there one at a time. Because it is clear that in this topic you do not want to talk about them, and if you had rebuttals to them you would not hesitate to throw them out there.

As i have said, the first point raises the question of what it is to be human, i mean, these creatures who were in no way biologically human could make music, art, tools, and buried there dead ect, don't you think thats important, and that if a creator had made them it would of been mentioned?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    According to Genesis - God created Man in His own image on the 6th day. Before the 6th day, He created the animals. Neantherdals are not genetically linked to us, therefore, they were created on the 5th day. Now, the Hebrew word for "day" can also mean "age".

Isn't it true that Modern Man did not appear on the scene until about 50,000 years ago? This would indicate that the 6th "day" occured around then. So, how does that contradict evolution?
    So you only consider nerandertals animals?

Also, doesn't evolution presume the existence of a steady state Earth? That is, that there were no cosmic cataclysms, no collapse of the magnetic field,etc that may have influenced the course of life on Earth. Perhaps it was those things that influenced the course of evolution rather than natural selection.
    No it does not, infact evolution has been shaped by cataclysms.

I also want to ask that, if evolution is still occuring, then why don't we see slight differences between us and the mummies of Ancient Egypt? After all, they are over 3,000 years old... so *something* must have changed!
    Evolution is a slow process, however there are differences, that is evident i physiological differences between humans of different nations. However, humans are ofcourse a special case aswell, when we are in a climate that is two cold, we do not start to develop furry coats via natural selection, we just kill some animals and take their fur coats, i have no idea what effect that will have on human evolution.

The problem with evolutionists is this. First, you want us to concede that evolution is true, then you will go on to attack the existence of God Himself. You will probably say we are an "accident". Well, OK, if you want to believe that, fine. As for me... I will believe in God.
    I don't know why people think that god and evolution must be mutually exclusive, i don't see why that would be so. However, people do think that, therefore for them all we need to do is prove evolution to disprove god, as Dawkins said 'The churches have already done half the job for us'

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Anyone that is involved in design or any other creative field would have to find that the our wonderful world and every amazing creature on it couldn't have possibly been an accident. The differences between the big cats alone would have to make you think that evolution is just too simplistic of a theory. The cheetah compared to the snow leopard to the lion to the tiger to the house cat..... all just accidents, sure, I can buy that.

I'm curious, why haven't apes evolved any further than they have? If we supposedly evolved from them, wouldn't they be a little further along than they are? If you want to have some real fun Noir, go get into a discussion with a bunch of black guys about how they came from chimps, they aren't sensitive to that idea at all, I'm sure you ill get some stimulating reactions.
    Natural selection is no an accident, it is a natural process.

As for your second point, this is a common question, which comes from a lack of understanding of the evolutionary line, we are not descended from any modern day apes, but from a common ancestor, which is explained in two minutes here
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wh0F4FBLJRE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wh0F4FBLJRE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thats okay, run and hide from the other 3
    you see, this is why I find atheists so annoying.....I try to cut you some slack Noir, because you have the guts to hang around this board and debate.....but don't try this shit with me....I bent over backwards trying to engage you in debate on this thread even to the point of trying to decide what your argument was when you wouldn't state it yourself......don't pretend now that I am the one running and hiding when you won't so much as respond to what I have posted so far.....either do so or suck it up and surrender....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As i have said, the first point raises the question of what it is to be human, i mean, these creatures who were in no way biologically human could make music, art, tools, and buried there dead ect, don't you think thats important, and that if a creator had made them it would of been mentioned?
    to the point it proves evolution of the human race is true and creation is false, not in the least......
    ...full immersion.....