Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Well thats the first neg rep i've got in a long time pmp, how silly, also you will notice that i did answer you on the Neanderthal question in this thread, and infact on of very post you reped me for. But no need to be childish about it, i've already said i will make other threads about the other 75% of the video that you won't talk about. I look forward to seeing your replies in those,

you see, this is why I find atheists so annoying.....I try to cut you some slack Noir, because you have the guts to hang around this board and debate.....but don't try this shit with me....I bent over backwards trying to engage you in debate on this thread even to the point of trying to decide what your argument was when you wouldn't state it yourself......don't pretend now that I am the one running and hiding when you won't so much as respond to what I have posted so far.....either do so or suck it up and surrender....
    I do not need you or anyone else to cut me slack sir, I would hardly say watching 2 10 minute videos is bending over backwards, but each to their own i guess.

Now, back on track,

to the point it proves evolution of the human race is true and creation is false, not in the least......
    To a large extent i agree with you. It is important in a moral sense, and raises interesting questions, but by itself i do not see it as being hugely important to evolution (maybe i am missing the significance of that point though, which is quite possible as i have not looked into that in depth.)

So, with that covered, would you like to move on to area two of the video?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You've got a lot of faith in this atheist thing. Awesome.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Noir having experienced a major fail on Nail #1, lets see how he does on Nail #2...

this argument is the fused chromosome.....the video begins by saying humans have two fewer chromosomes than other primates and that if we cannot find an explanation for this then the theory of evolution has been proved wrong.....then it states that the missing chromosomes are found because of a fused chromosome i the human genetic pattern.....the video's argument stops there, somehow assuming that they have proven their case....

however, there is no reverse function of the initial argument.....it may be true that if the missing chromosomes could not be found it would disprove the theory that humans and primates evolved from a common ancestor.....but the fact that it is found does not prove that theory.....

if an intelligent designer can create a DNA that functions in single cell organisms as well as complex ones, why would it be necessary for him to completely redesign a control system when creating a different creature.....

today you can find elements of Microsoft designed operating systems in everything from mainframe computers to toasters......so they share a common ancestor?.....yes......did they evolve in a Darwinian fashion from that common ancestor?....no, they were created, specifically and intentionally by an intelligent designer to function according to his intent.....

Nail #2 is rather tacky......lets see if you can do better on this one than you did the last, Noir....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-18-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    You've got a lot of faith in this atheist thing. Awesome.
    You have clearly not watched the videos, as they contain scientific PROOF via Retroviral DNA, gene sequencing, Chromosomal fusion, and the summation of dozens of fields of science.
    The theory of evolution is as much a fact as the theory of gravity, but for some reason religions don't like evolution though they do accept other science theories that have been proven to the same extent.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Well thats the first neg rep i've got in a long time pmp,
    you deserved it for trying to accuse me of running on a thread you refused to debate on.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-18-2010 at 10:30 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You have clearly not watched the videos, as they contain scientific PROOF via Retroviral DNA, gene sequencing, Chromosomal fusion, and the summation of dozens of fields of science.
    The theory of evolution is as much a fact as the theory of gravity, but for some reason religions don't like evolution though they do accept other science theories that have been proven to the same extent.
    they had better do a whole lot better than they have done so far if you want to call them "proof"....what I have seen so far isn't enough to convince a butcher he ought to buy a side of beef......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I see more proof that God designed all that. Inventors go through various prototypes before settling on a specific design, then work to improve upon it and make various changes both good and bad.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Noir having experienced a major fail on Nail #1, lets see how he does on Nail #2...

this argument is the fused chromosome.....the video begins by saying humans have two fewer chromosomes than other primates and that if we cannot find an explanation for this then the theory of evolution has been proved wrong.....then it states that the missing chromosomes are found because of a fused chromosome i the human genetic pattern.....the video's argument stops there, somehow assuming that they have proven their case....

however, there is no reverse function of the initial argument.....it may be true that if the missing chromosomes could not be found it would disprove the theory that humans and primates evolved from a common ancestor.....but the fact that it is found does not prove that theory.....

if an intelligent designer can create a DNA that functions in single cell organisms as well as complex ones, why would it be necessary for him to completely redesign a control system when creating a different creature.....

today you can find elements of Microsoft designed operating systems in everything from mainframe computers to toasters......so they share a common ancestor?.....yes......did they evolve in a Darwinian fashion from that common ancestor?....no, they were created, specifically and intentionally by an intelligent designer to function according to his intent.....

Nail #2 is rather tacky......lets see if you can do better on this one than you did the last, Noir....
    Righto, well its good to see off the bat that you are not questioning the science (as allot of folks like to do around points like this)

The point is that there need of been no redesign at all, we would function exactly the same with the chromosomes separate. But the 2 EXACT chromosomes, from base pairs 114,455,823 to 114,455,838 have been fused in our ancestors past

The only way you can explain this with a creator is that the creator wanted it too as if we did have a common ancestor. Do you think thats what the creator had in mind? Does not that seem deceptive?

Every time evolution is presented with a problem that could kill it stone dead, its predictions come through. It would only take one fossil out of millions to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, one set of genetic code to not match up with predictions, (in this case) 2 Chromosomes not fussed in the right way at the right place, and evolution would be proven wrong, and yet the more we find, the stronger the case gets.
    Last edited by Noir; 03-18-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I see more proof that God designed all that. Inventors go through various prototypes before settling on a specific design, then work to improve upon it and make various changes both good and bad.
    God can make mistakes? I don't hear that often.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

God can make mistakes? I don't hear that often.
    He made you didn't he?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

He made you didn't he?
    Oh, what wit

Now be off with you, unless you have anything of merit to contribute to the debate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But the 2 EXACT chromosomes, from base pairs 114,455,823 to 114,455,838 have been fused in our ancestors past
    I believe you may be missing something here.....we have a fused pair of chromosomes.....this results in our having two less chromosomes than primates.....whichever chromosome had happened to be "fused" would have been the "exact" base pair, neh?......

there is no significance about this being the pair that is fused, nor does it somehow lend more credence to the argument that it's just "shit just happens" instead of "intelligently designed"......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The only way you can explain this with a creator is that the creator wanted it too
    du'h.....it certainly would be odd to argue it would have happened if he didn't want it to.....

Do you think thats what the creator had in mind?
    there may be many reasons.....primarily, perhaps the fusion is step he needed to take to cause his program to produce "humans".....when you boil everything else away the difference between the claim that humans evolved in a Darwinian fashion instead of being created is simply this.....did it happen over eons in a trial and error fashion and simply end up where it did in serendipity......or was it made to happen, in which case it could have happened in a single gestation or it could have happened over a period of time....the key isn't how, the key is whether.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-18-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Oh, what wit

Now be off with you, unless you have anything of merit to contribute to the debate.
    That wasn't a joke. Look at any deformed kid and its obvious that God makes mistakes, or what some see as mistakes. Others call them tests, sort of a cross for that individual to bear. Yours is closed-mindedness. What that individual does with the cross determines his final outcome. If that outcome is heaven, then the cross is turned in for perfection, and if not...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It would only take one fossil out of millions to be in the wrong place at the wrong time
    lol, you've never read Forbidden Archeology, have you.....there have been tens of thousands of fossils found in the wrong place at the wrong time.....
    ...full immersion.....