Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    No. You misunderstood me, you don't get it at all. Go back and read it again. I clearly made my point. Now your attempt at a comeback is ridiculous because there's no comparison between what I explained to you and the attempt you made to have a go back at me. My logic and yours are completely at odds with one another. At least I can explain myself clearly, you seem to have a problem with that. Your comprehension skills are also apparently deficient. Now stop that whining noise, it had to be said.

I think you're trying to accuse me of contradicting myself by holding two opposing views of the same subject. Is that right? If so you are wrong.

Demonstrably I have a view about religion in general as being based on myth and superstititon, a basis I believe to be irrational, stupid. Now, by all means disagree with me but don't try and be smart with me. I have a view that I won't attack a person for practising a religion even though I believe the practise of religion is irrational. Are you still with me?

Now as for the support the troops thing. That's a common misconception also. Firstly, you need to define what's meant by "support the troops". You probably think it means feeding them into a meat-grinder in a failed mission. That's not supporting the troops, that's pissing on their graves.

Are you keeping a body-count? Does it feel good to "support the troops" by urging them to keep being fed into the meat-grinder? Does it?

Does it make you feel brave that you can shout "I support the troops" as they are blown up and shot?

Do you have a big patriotic sticker on your car that says "Support the Troops"?

Do you think Bush is doing a wonderful job by chanting "stay the course" and "no cut and run" while he feeds men and women in uniform into the meat-grinder of Iraq? Do you?

Do you care that injured troops are coming back to sub-standard health care? Do you care that they are broken in body and spirit and aren't being looked after? If you cared, if you supported the troops you'd get your arse to a VA Hospital and support the troops in a material way.

But I wager you won't. You strike me as being one of the Chickenhawk Chorus.

Wasting their lives is not supporting the troops. Getting them out of that hell-hole with its relentless meat-grinder is supporting the troops. Your problem is your slavish adherence to your party and your leader. That is a psychopathology that I can never have and you're welcome to it.
    Now I get it-----you think religion is stupid but if someone practices it you are nice enough to allow them do this stupid thing with out telling them that they are doing something stupid. How big of you !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Now I get it-----you think religion is stupid but if someone practices it you are nice enough to allow them do this stupid thing with out telling them that they are doing something stupid. How big of you !
    That's actually called "tolerance" of those around you.. I'm sure you think there are things your neighbors do that are totally, and completely stupid, but you don't jump in their faces about it, right?

I may have the same views on religion that he has.. I think it's silly, but I'm not about to begrudge someone their right to practice it.. I'm not going to insist any landmarks, signs of their faith, etc. be torn down, but inside I may think they're silly.

Live & let live, unless someone tries to harm you.. Then kick their ass, and go back to living.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No I didn't say that. You give me far too much influence. I said that I wouldn't criticise someone for being religious. Now you either have a serious problem with comprehending the written word or you are deliberately twisting my comments and ideas and constructing a straw man argument. That's intellectually dishonest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what I do. What's wrong with that? Why does that make me "big?" I mean I know I'm pretty big, well, above average at least (that's what my girlfriend says anyway), but I don't know what religion has to do with it. Geez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    I now feel, as Denis Healey once said, as if I've been mauled by a dead sheep.
    ... dropped off a speeding truck by glockster.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    ... dropped off a speeding truck by glockster.
    Did you manage to find Healy's quote? Isn't it a hoot?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Didn't bother.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I only read the first post and I have decided to start myself a pig farm.

Gonna surround myself on all sides with as much pork as possible!

Think I'll start wearing "pig's ears" for a necklace.

Think I'll start dressing up like Miss Piggy!!!

Anyone else wanna join my pro-pig/pork crusade?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    I only read the first post and I have decided to start myself a pig farm.

Gonna surround myself on all sides with as much pork as possible!

Think I'll start wearing "pig's ears" for a necklace.

Think I'll start dressing up like Miss Piggy!!!

Anyone else wanna join my pro-pig/pork crusade?
    I'm with ya. Need to start looking for a pet pig. And a few more for eatin.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's a joke President Reagan told about the way collectivist politicians treat rich people: A traveling salesman stays overnight with a farm family. When the family gathers to eat there's a pig seated at the table. And the pig has three medals hanging around his neck and a peg leg. The salesman says, "Um, I see you have a pig having dinner with you."

"Yes," says the farmer. "That's because he's a very special pig. You see those medals around his neck? Well, the first medal is from when our youngest son fell in the pond, and he was drowning, and that pig swam out and saved his life. The second medal, that's from when the barn caught fire and our little daughter was trapped in there and the pig ran inside, carried her out and saved her life. And the third medal, that's from when our oldest boy was cornered in the stock yard by a mean bull, and that pig ran under the fence and bit the bull on the tail and saved the boy's life."

"Yes," says the salesman, "I can see why you let that pig sit right at the table and have dinner with you. And I can see why you awarded him the medals. But how did he get the peg leg?"

"Well," says, the farmer, "a pig like that--you don't eat him all at once."