Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default People who hate Bush hate him because...

Of his Faith - pure and simple.. how do I know? Because if there wasn't an "easy hate target" in the form of the Iraq War, they'd still find something else to hate him for which is very ironic. Outside of the War, we have a President who has given us the following:

1. The lowest unempolyment in decades
    2. Private Home ownership at an all time high
    3. No attacks on our soil since 9/11
    4. A job growth rate that dwarf's the Clinton era
    5. Lower taxes - and not just for the "wealthy" - my wife and I have appreciated the tax breaks we've recieved over the past 7 years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I don't hate Bush at all. I think he makes poor choices and surrounds himself with those who give him poor advice. I also believe he has delusions of grandeur that cloud his decision making process.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I don't hate Bush at all. I think he makes poor choices and surrounds himself with those who give him poor advice. I also believe he has delusions of grandeur that cloud his decision making process.

With that avatar you expect us to believe that?
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Of his Faith - pure and simple.. how do I know? Because if there wasn't an "easy hate target" in the form of the Iraq War, they'd still find something else to hate him for which is very ironic. Outside of the War, we have a President who has given us the following:

5. Lower taxes - and not just for the "wealthy" - my wife and I have appreciated the tax breaks we've recieved over the past 7 years.
    1. All of the "new" jobs are in the non-skilled service sector with workers earning poverty-level wages.
    2. Homeowner bankruptcies will skyrocket in the coming decade when all those "adjustable rate" mortages kick in.
    3. Terrorism in Europe and the rest of the world have skyrocketed since 911 but who cares about them right? Also, I guess Bush and co. started reading their intelligence memos after 911 huh?
    4. It seems like a new McDonald's or Great Clips goes up in my neighborhood every other week. All those promising "jobs" are really going to ensure a bright future for America.
    5. The US pays more per capita for healthcare than any other nation on Earth but gets less value out of their healthcare system than all other western nations. Sure do like that tax rebate check though! I think I'll spend it on a bunch of sh*t I don't need at Wal-Mart!

And I don't "hate" Bush. I think he's an embarrassment and I don't think he represents me as an American at all. I think he'd be a good guy to have a beer with at the family barbeque. But that hardly qualifies him to be President. And "having faith" doesn't give you a license to make ideologially-driven policy that restricts the rights of other people.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 04-24-2007 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with all 5 of HC's counterpoints, but none of them is the reason I hate Bush.

I hate Bush because he is the diametric opposite of everything our party is supposed to stand for. Personal responsibility, less government, and integrity.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    1. All of the "new" jobs are in the non-skilled service sector with workers earning poverty-level wages.
    ALL of them? WOW. I guess the nicely paying IT job I got during the Bush administration is considered a non-skilled and I am in the poverty-level.

2. Homeowner bankruptcies will skyrocket in the coming decade when all those "adjustable rate" mortages kick in.
    A good reason to get a fixed rate, like I did when I bought by home during the Bush administration. A home I could afford because of my new job!

3. Terrorism in Europe and the rest of the world have skyrocketed since 911 but who cares about them right? Also, I guess Bush and co. started reading their intelligence memos after 911 huh?
    You fail to mention those countries are run by flamming libs and live under liberal policies. But hey, lets blame Bush anyway!

4. It seems like a new McDonald's or Great Clips goes up in my neighborhood every other week. All those promising "jobs" are really going to ensure a bright future for America.
    Maybe the workers there should try to learn a new skill if thats all they can get. Gotta start somewhere....I used to work at Jack n the Box.

5. The US pays more per capita for healthcare than any other nation on Earth but gets less value out of their healthcare system than all other western nations. Sure do like that tax rebate check though! I think I'll spend it on a bunch of sh*t I don't need at Wal-Mart!
    Socialized health care is utter crap in the Euro countries. And they are paying for it through the nose with taxes. Nothing is free.

Do us all a favor and go back to smoking your weed and spare us of your watered down and repetitive comments.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Of his Faith - pure and simple
    Surely you jest?

It was lower under Clinton if you applied the same metrics to calculate unemployment.

Interest rates were reduced to almost nothing to prevent an economic collapse. We are now seeing skyrocketing foreclosures erasing those gains.

So? We had no attacks on our soil for 60 years before 9/11. We were attacked on ourt soil under Bush.

Laughable; the jobs creation rate is a fraction of the same under Clinton. Clintons terms saw 14 million new jobs, under bush it is about 6-7 million.

But the big majority of the tax breaks were realized by the richest 20%

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I think people who hate Bush's presidency do so because he is a complete disaster as a president.

1) he started an elective war in Iraq that can not be won thus disrupting (breaking) the whole ME

2)he has added 3.5 trillion to our national debt

3) he has deeply damaged our reputatiuon in the world

4) he has reignited the cold war

5) he has dramatically increased the threat of terrorism to our nation.

6)he has allowed our economy to be outsourced

7)He has reigned over an unprecedented corruption of our government and elections process

8) he is responsible for the patriot act and introducing no child left behind and voting machines without verification capacity

9) he has presided over an abysmal error in our energy policy that may cut us off from petro currency domination and control of ME oil

10) he partied while NO flooded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush has repeatedly shown himself to be a "my way or the highway" sort of guy, unwilling to listen to reasonable suggestions from others and unwilling to negotiate. His idea of give and take is that he takes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate being lied to. That's why I hate Bush. Bush's lies:

WMD in Iraq

Pat Tillman's death

Progress in Iraq

Bring integrity to the White House

Wiretaps require warrants

Connection between Saddam and 9/11

"We've never been stay the course"

Iraq recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa

God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

George W. Bush is a liar. He has lied large and small, directly and by omission. His Iraq lies have loomed largest. In the run-up to the invasion, Bush based his case for war on a variety of unfounded claims that extended far beyond his controversial uranium-from-Niger assertion. He maintained that Saddam Hussein possessed "a massive stockpile" of unconventional weapons and was directly "dealing" with Al Qaeda--two suppositions unsupported then (or now) by the available evidence. He said the International Atomic Energy Agency had produced a report in 1998 noting that Iraq was six months from developing a nuclear weapon; no such report existed (and the IAEA had actually reported then that there was no indication Iraq had the ability to produce weapons-grade material). Bush asserted that Iraq was "harboring a terrorist network, headed by a senior Al Qaeda terrorist planner"; US intelligence officials told reporters this terrorist was operating ouside of Al Qaeda control. And two days before launching the war, Bush said, "Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." Yet former deputy CIA director Richard Kerr, who is conducting a review of the prewar intelligence, has said that intelligence was full of qualifiers and caveats, and based on circumstantial and inferential evidence. That is, it was not no-doubt stuff. And after the major fighting was done, Bush declared, "We found the weapons of mass destruction." But he could only point to two tractor-trailers that the CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency had concluded were mobile bioweapons labs. Other experts--including the DIA's own engineering experts--disagreed with this finding.
    http://www.thenation.com/doc/20031013/corn

I know there are liar lovers on this board, who still support this lying sack of shit President. But I'm not one of them.
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon View Post
    So? We had no attacks on our soil for 60 years before 9/11. We were attacked on ourt soil under Bush.

Really? Who is Ramzi Ahmed Yousef?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    I hate being lied to. That's why I hate Bush. Bush's lies:

WMD in Iraq

Pat Tillman's death

Progress in Iraq

Bring integrity to the White House

Wiretaps require warrants

Connection between Saddam and 9/11

"We've never been stay the course"

Iraq recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa

God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20031013/corn

I know there are liar lovers on this board, who still support this lying sack of shit President. But I'm not one of them.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brilliant defense there dp staff koolaide.

Whatsamatter? Can't figure out how to defend against Bush's lies? What kind of liar lover are you?
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Brilliant defense there dp staff koolaide.

Whatsamatter? Can't figure out how to defend against Bush's lies? What kind of liar lover are you?
    Prove Bush Lied.

(shrug).
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Really? Who is Ramzi Ahmed Yousef?

A Pakistani?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Prove Bush Lied.

(shrug).
    Oh, good grief. People have pointed out how what Bush has said has repeatedly, uh, been at odds with the truth, or reality, and STILL the True Believers keep asking what has been answered already - countless times.