Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default A kid draws stick-figures with Guns; kid accused of having Mental Disorder

WHAT THE HELL are we doing to our society? Seriously, folks - Has reason LEFT US? Why the hell aren't aren't people rioting in the streets to get that principle FIRED? We sit and tolerated IDIOTS teaching our children.

I'm feeling our country, as we know it, won't be around in 100 years.

CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) -- It was a crude animation of one stick figure shooting another created for a school graphics class last week.

But during the same week as a shooting massacre at Virginia Tech, officials at Williamstown High School found nothing innocent about the sketch. As a result, the student says a vice principal told him he would not be allowed to attend classes again until he passes a mental health evaluation.

In response, the 18-year-old, identified in court papers only as "J.K.,'' filed a lawsuit Monday asking a federal judge to order school officials to allow him back to class and to pay for damages.

Although J.K. has attention deficit disorder, according to court papers he was an honor student, a flight commander in his school's Air Force junior ROTC program and took some courses at Gloucester County College.

According to his report card, he earned five "A's'' and a "B'' last quarter. One of those A's was in his graphic design class.

During that class on Monday -- hours before the world knew that Seung-Hui Cho had killed 32 people at Virginia Tech -- J.K. said he was asked to make animations for a program they were learning.

J.K.'s sketch comprised of two stick figures, one with a raised a gun that had dashes leading from it to the head of the other one.

The next morning, he said he showed the drawing to his teacher, Christine Dailey, but told her he was not done with it. In court papers, he said he planned to show the victim deflecting or destroying the bullet. But, he claimed, Dailey did not listen to him further.

Two days later, he said, vice principal Paul Deal told him that he was not being suspended or expelled, but that he might be a threat to the school or himself. J.K. said he was told to leave and not return until he being cleared by a mental health professional.

Continues at link:

http://1010wins.com/pages/380464.php...ntentId=434407
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I agree. Let's allow him his peculiar fantasies. A couple of years later, he will end up someplace like Virginia Tech.
    Or perhaps his parents just have a lot of guns. And endorse their use.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I agree. Let's allow him his peculiar fantasies. A couple of years later, he will end up someplace like Virginia Tech.
    Or perhaps his parents just have a lot of guns. And endorse their use.
    what the hell? you aren't even reading, are you. (sigh).
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Honestly at 18 the kid should have known this would get him in trouble.

The stories that bug me are the little kids who pick up sticks and play cops and robbers and the teachers grab them and accuse them of having guns under the "no tolerance" act.

Or the kid who discovered mom left a knife in his lunch bag and got in trouble after turning it into the teacher.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    WHAT THE HELL are we doing to our society? Seriously, folks - Has reason LEFT US? Why the hell aren't aren't people rioting in the streets to get that principle FIRED? We sit and tolerated IDIOTS teaching our children.

I'm feeling our country, as we know it, won't be around in 100 years.

I'm tellin' ya.... now you know why the Bible tells us that in the last days folks will be crying out to God begging him to come back....

It's this impenetrable ignorance that has gone amuck...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Honestly at 18 the kid should have known this would get him in trouble.

The stories that bug me are the little kids who pick up sticks and play cops and robbers and the teachers grab them and accuse them of having guns under the "no tolerance" act.

Or the kid who discovered mom left a knife in his lunch bag and got in trouble after turning it into the teacher.
    Can you explain HOW he should have known 'drawing a stick-figure gun-fight' would get him in trouble? You're blaming the wrong person here...the person to blame is the idiot who suspended him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    I'm tellin' ya.... now you know why the Bible tells us that in the last days folks will be crying out to God begging him to come back....

It's this impenetrable ignorance that has gone amuck...
    Now I know why people believe all the crazy lies they are told by the Bush admin....because they believe all the fairy tales told by the bible!

Maybe if our society wasn't so swamped with guns and war and violent video games, kids wouldn't draw pictures of people shooting eachother.

It's common sense. Develop a more peaceful, kind society, with educated, thoughtful people, and you won't have these problems of violence in schools.

Call out for more guns and more people to carry guns, encourage war, keep showing death and blood and guts on TV and in video games, and what do you expect the children to learn?

duh
    "Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows"
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Samatha -The slam against -Cp's personal religious beliefs was NOT required on your part. You're really hateful, aren't ya? Geesh.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    It's common sense. Develop a more peaceful, kind society, with educated, thoughtful people, and you won't have these problems of violence in schools.
    Not exactly. Develop a more-peaceful, kind society with educated and thoughtful people and your society will be over-run by Islamic Terrorist who'd have NO trouble kicking our pansy-asses.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This might just take the cake. Has our society become this sensitive and politically correct? It is a graphic arts class for crying out loud and the artwork was not even complete. Its not as though the kid was a persistant trouble maker, he is an honor student. Un f###ing real.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dmp, you and I both know how alarmist everyone gets after an event like the VT massacre. I agree though, that this is way over the top. This teacher just wanted to be in the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An over-reaction of the highest order. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not exactly. Develop a more-peaceful, kind society with educated and thoughtful people and your society will be over-run by Islamic Terrorist who'd have NO trouble kicking our pansy-asses.
    I seem to recall a wise man, or maybe just a wise guy, once saying:

I can see a world without war, without fighting. I can see a war where nobody fights and everybody gets along. I can also see us attacking that world, because they would never see it coming.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I seem to recall a wise man, or maybe just a wise guy, once saying:

I can see a world without war, without fighting. I can see a war where nobody fights and everybody gets along. I can also see us attacking that world, because they would never see it coming.
    lmao

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Can you explain HOW he should have known 'drawing a stick-figure gun-fight' would get him in trouble? You're blaming the wrong person here...the person to blame is the idiot who suspended him.
    Ever since Columbine it has been hammered into the kids minds, no guns, no knives, no sticks that look like guns or knives, no pictures that show guns or knives. So ya, an 18 year old should have known better even in an art class.

I'm not agreeing with what the school did. They've gone way over the top with no tolerance.

My 9 year old took a little soldier gun to school (half a pinky long) and it was confisgated for being a GUN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.