Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    How come none of them want to be the good guy who saves America ?
    Because that isn't how it's being sold. It's sold as they're doing jobs we won't do, and they're just trying to better themselves.

If someone would come out and point out what they cost us in unpaid taxes, and our having to foot the bill for their using our social infrastructure without contributing, and start hammering people for hiring them, I think it would be a different story.

Living down here, you know as well as I do that it isn't big corporations that hire these illegals ... it's the two-bit business owners trying to squeeze every dime of profit they possibly can.

Besides Swift (hardly what I would call a big corporation), which corporation has been busted for hiring them en masse? But you can find them in any small-time restaurant or construction site, doing some landscaping, or auto mechanic's shop.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Because that isn't how it's being sold. It's sold as they're doing jobs we won't do, and they're just trying to better themselves.

If someone would come out and point out what they cost us in unpaid taxes, and our having to foot the bill for their using our social infrastructure without contributing, and start hammering people for hiring them, I think it would be a different story.

Living down here, you know as well as I do that it isn't big corporations that hire these illegals ... it's the two-bit business owners trying to squeeze every dime of profit they possibly can.

Besides Swift (hardly what I would call a big corporation), which corporation has been busted for hiring them en masse? But you can find them in any small-time restaurant or construction site, doing some landscaping, or auto mechanic's shop.
    Sorry-I don't get it-----Democrats and Republicans are selling the same story the same way? They actually agree that we should be flooded with illegals? No wonder they hide it. Looking like money hungry bastards selling out thier country to those who love cheap labor can't be real flattering.
    A large majority of Americans want them sent back--so exactly who loves the cheap labor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How come none of them want to be the good guy who saves America ?
    Could it be because they have lost sight of what America is?

Seriously, are these folks living in the same world as we do?
    They watch polls and listen to advisors, political action committees, special interest groups, Lobbyist and such.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Could it be because they have lost sight of what America is?

Seriously, are these folks living in the same world as we do?
    They watch polls and listen to advisors, political action committees, special interest groups, Lobbyist and such.
    They don't live in the same world as we do. The rest of us work for a living. polls mean nothing when a big money lobbiest shows up at their door.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sorry-I don't get it-----Democrats and Republicans are selling the same story the same way? They actually agree that we should be flooded with illegals? No wonder they hide it. Looking like money hungry bastards selling out thier country to those who love cheap labor can't be real flattering.
    A large majority of Americans want them sent back--so exactly who loves the cheap labor?
    No, the Democrats and Republicans are playing politics. If you use the black vote as a historical precedent for ethnic voting, blacks supported Republicans en masse until FDR. They have supported Democrats en masse since.

Neither party wants to be responsible for alienating a minority vote that could easily be the swing vote in a Nation cut so close down the middle in terms of voting.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No, the Democrats and Republicans are playing politics. If you use the black vote as a historical precedent for ethnic voting, blacks supported Republicans en masse until FDR. They have supported Democrats en masse since.

Neither party wants to be responsible for alienating a minority vote that could easily be the swing vote in a Nation cut so close down the middle in terms of voting.
    Yep, and the repubs want the cheap labor that comes in while the dems want them as voters. Both sides have agendas here.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.