Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Muslims say the same when some islamic terrorist does something.

Now obviously I'm not saying these people represent everyone of their religion, however it does show what belief without evidence does to people. Anything is justifiable when you believe your god wants you to do it.
    The evils of Islam have affected our lives much more than anything Christianity has ever done, yet you rarely complain or critisize it.
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    The evils of Islam have affected our lives much more than anything Christianity has ever done, yet you rarely complain or critisize it.
    Lololololololol

You may want to look into the role of the church in Ireland/ Northern Ireland over the past 300 years to see how silly the above comment is.
    Last edited by Noir; 04-04-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Muslims say the same when some islamic terrorist does something.

Now obviously I'm not saying these people represent everyone of their religion, however it does show what belief without evidence does to people. Anything is justifiable when you believe your god wants you to do it.
    Wrong, it shows what falsely interpreted beliefs can do to an insignificant group of morons that you have confused with mainstream Christianity.

Actually, I don't believe you are stupid enough to believe this but you believe we will if you can repeat it often enough.

Like I ask you once before, what happened to that favorite liberal argument about "painting entire groups with a broad brush"?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Wrong, it shows what falsely interpreted beliefs can do to an insignificant group of morons that you have confused with mainstream Christianity.

Actually, I don't believe you are stupid enough to believe this but you believe we will if you can repeat it often enough.

Like I ask you once before, what happened to that favorite liberal argument about "painting entire groups with a broad brush"?
    Did you miss the part where I said "Now obviously I'm not saying these people represent everyone of their religion" *sigh*
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lololololololol

You may want to look into the role of the church in Ireland/ Northern Ireland over the past 300 years to see how silly the above comment is.
    You may want to look at the impact Islamic terrorism has had on the entire world in the last three decades and still does to see how silly your comment is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You may want to look at the impact Islamic terrorism has had on the entire world in the last three decades and still does to see how silly your comment is.
    Oh, so now you've changed from affecting my life to affecting the world. Changing what I was responding too, smooth move, if ever so slightly tactless.
    Given the world effect is impossble to quantify I can not comment on that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    should have known that would happening asking for millions in damages. The protesters are assholes but the free speech that protects you and I also protects them. You hafta take the good with the bad.
    Snyder filed a federal lawsuit, and was awarded $11 million dollars for invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. But that was soon overturned, as the U.S. Court of Appeals says the decision went against the church's First Amendment right of expression.
    It's not over and personally if this isn't "intentional infliction of distress" I don't know what is.

As far as freedom of speech, there have been arrests for "hate speech", how is this any different???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they weren't calling for violence or death of the father. Westboro guys kids are all lawyers, they know how to walk the line and play the game.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    they weren't calling for violence or death of the father. Westboro guys kids are all lawyers, they know how to walk the line and play the game.
    By their very presence they were intentionally inflicting emotional distress on the family.

Like I said this isn't over and I hope Westboro has to pay the millions to the family. Disgusting group of people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

in either case, whether they are legally right or wrong really isn't the issue. if society deems the westboro behavior as inappropriate then society must band together and take action. imagine hundreds of thousands of people counter protesting westboro. it's ok if the legal system protects them, but there are other ways for society to pressure and marginalize this group. the problem is people are lazy.