Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Afraid Of Constituents?

Would you vote for a representative that is too cowardly to meet with those he's supposed to represent? Actions have consequences, just like elections:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...urity-concerns

Dem lawmaker cancels town hall due to security concerns
    By Jordan Fabian - 03/31/10 02:28 PM ET
    Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) canceled a town hall on the new healthcare law Tuesday because of concerns about the security of the event.

The congressman's office cited safety issues at the facility where the meeting was to take place and threats to his office, according to a report by News21.

"We just thought it best to cancel it for safety concerns. This was not meant to be a place where we're going to talk partisan politics," Pat Lowry, a member of Ryan's staff, told News21. "Don't get me wrong, Congressman Ryan will debate anyone, anytime."
    I guess the release of all those 'threats' was to make way for these actions. They will not work...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

"This was not meant to be a place where we're going to talk partisan politics,"

I guess it was meant to be a place to pat themselves on the back.

I am not surprised that the politicians are showing themselves to be spineless. They have no principles to begin with so it is unrealistic to expect them to stand and defend their actions.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    "This was not meant to be a place where we're going to talk partisan politics,"

I guess it was meant to be a place to pat themselves on the back.

I am not surprised that the politicians are showing themselves to be spineless. They have no principles to begin with so it is unrealistic to expect them to stand and defend their actions.
    Let's see if the SEIU thugs show up at the rescheduled meeting. People are getting more and more angry and these idiots are playing into it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Let's see if the SEIU thugs show up at the rescheduled meeting. People are getting more and more angry and these idiots are playing into it.
    I have no doubt the SEIU will become the self appointed "protection". Brown shirts, anyone?
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

the law breakers party in DC is over. now its time to face the voters.