Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile The Archko Volume

In 1887, Rev. W. D. Mahan published a book entitled The Archko Volume. According to Rev Mahan, it is the results of his exhaustive search for 1st century documents. He says his research took him to the Vatican in Rome, and to the Jewish Talmuds in Constantinople, Turkey.

<DT><DT>Among many other writings, Rev Mahan says he located a letter written on a papyrus scroll to Caesar from Pontius Pilate (dated about 31 A.D), and two letters written by Caiaphas to the Jerusalem Sanhedrim - about Jesus..
    http://bibleprobe.com/archko.htm

So I have been helping pack up all these old bibles and religious books my mother has boxes and boxes of endless bibles and weird metaphysical books and all sorts of religions, anyway I came across this little booklet called the "archko volume" and kept it to read. Has anyone heard of this or read it? Oh Yeah the front cover has a swastika !

</DT>
    Last edited by chloe; 04-04-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Questionable provenance for the document in question, although I think the swastika on the front should be enough to cast serious doubt on its authenticity.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Questionable provenance for the document in question, although I think the swastika on the front should be enough to cast serious doubt on its authenticity.
    Wrong, as usual.

The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BCE.
    http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swa...ikahistory.htm