Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Share Documentaries

[youtube]bgnmT-Y_rGQ[/youtube]

Why is it that Europeans ended up conquering so much of the world? Or, as one of Diamond's New Guinean friends asks him, why do they have all the "cargo"? Despite all the contrary evidence from anthropology and human biology, many persist in attributing the differing political and economic successes of the world's peoples to biological, "racial" differences. Others appeal to cultural differences or to historical contingency. But Diamond sees the fundamental causes as environmental, resting ultimately on ecological differences between the continents. An extended argument for this, Guns, Germs and Steel is nothing less than a history of Homo sapiens on a scale of continents and millennia.
    Diamond begins with a survey of human pre-history, covering the spread of humans around the world down to 11000 BC. He then introduces Polynesia as a "natural experiment", an illustration on a smaller scale of his overall thesis. In the Polynesian exploration and settlement of the Pacific, settlers from the one cultural and ethnic background ended up in vastly different environments, ranging from continental New Zealand, through volcanic islands of various sizes, to barren atolls and remote Easter Island. Hunter-gatherer societies eventuated on some islands — and sophisticated states and proto-empires on others.

http://dannyreviews.com/h/Guns_Germs_Steel.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[youtube]VebOTc-7shU[/youtube]

By the end of high school, all young adults are instructed to understand and apply the scientific method to match data with hypotheses to explain the data. Most adults report they are able to do this under realistic conditions; that is, they have rational explanations for reality on a day-to-day basis, and especially for important issues. Daily, more adults are focusing their competent intellects upon our largest political and economic issues. Daily, more adults are constructing hypotheses of intentional destruction of our American rights, values, and economy as the only rational explanation of such gross malfeasance with US government and economic policies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[YOUTUBE]enS7PwJCk7I[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.tuppashare.com/store?p=3740&SubPage=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default It made me sad

[YOUTUBE]w7cZuhqSzzc[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you enjoy watching a variety of documentaries, THIS SITE is worth bookmarking.
    Last edited by texastom; 02-05-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    "The point of having an open mind, like having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid." - G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Bookmarked

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love watching docs from that site. They have such a variety! I hope you enjoy.
    "The point of having an open mind, like having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid." - G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by texastom View Post
    I love watching docs from that site. They have such a variety! I hope you enjoy.
    What subjects on them interests the complicated you>?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

History mostly.

Lately I've been extremely interested in documentaries on economics and more specifically, on currency vs. money. The "Ascent of Money" is one I found very interesting.

I also enjoy documentaries on religious subjects. I am one that loathes organized religion (religion≠faith) but I enjoy historical documentaries on how the various religious sects have developed over history.

And of course, I enjoy some military documentaries, but I'm particular.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by texastom View Post
    History mostly.

Lately I've been extremely interested in documentaries on economics and more specifically, on currency vs. money. The "Ascent of Money" is one I found very interesting.

I also enjoy documentaries on religious subjects. I am one that loathes organized religion (religion≠faith) but I enjoy historical documentaries on how the various religious sects have developed over history.

And of course, I enjoy some military documentaries, but I'm particular.
    I like history too, I imagine history of religion would be interesting. The economics one sounds interesting too. Thanks for the cool site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    I like history too, I imagine history of religion would be interesting. The economics one sounds interesting too. Thanks for the cool site.
    You're quite welcome!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for that link, Texastom !!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Very Cool Chole

WHY WE FIGHT is great! Military industrial complex. outlines its size and scope And relationship to the congress and the people.

Uncounted - Election Fraud, left and right
    http://www.livevideo.com/video/Drach...n-fraud-1.aspx

Behind The Green Curtain a bit of old news, short and a bit raw but a good summery of how the environmentalist tactics to steal, control land of and jail average folks in case after case.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3684194357754#

Washington You're Fired:
    Shows in some detail the unconstitutional laws and policies that have been put in place especially over the past 14 years or so to now.

Mena Connection:
    Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA, Drug smuggling.

Conspiracy of Silence -
    Pedophiles, Satanism, and Murder in Nebraska and Washington D.C. (documentary) a Discovery Channel Doc that never aired because of political pressures.
    unsettling to say the least.

Kill The Messenger, documentary about FBI translator & whistleblower Sibel Edmonds and her attempt to get 9/11 info she uncovered as an FBI translator to the public against the gag orders and cover ups from the executive and congress.

Nanking it's about the Nanking Massacre, this doc covers the full history. First hand accounts and footage and actors portraying certain figures and experiences.
    WARNING: This doc is rough, not for everybody

Operation Gladio
    "Originally aired on BBC2 in 1992, ‘Operation Gladio’ reveals ‘Gladio’, the secret state-sponsored terror network operating in Europe.

This BBC series is about a secret army, operated by the CIA and MI6 through NATO, which killed hundreds of innocent Europeans and attempted to blame the deaths on Baader Meinhof, Red Brigades and other left wing groups. Known as ‘stay-behinds’ these armies were given access to military equipment which was supposed to be used for sabotage after a Soviet invasion. Instead it was used in massacres across mainland Europe as part of a CIA Strategy of Tension. Gladio killing sprees in Belgium and Italy were carried out for the purpose of frightening the national political classes into adopting U.S. policies."
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-06-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Secret of Oz" is a very good one. I watched it on youtube, but it's in many parts. If you can find a full-length, HD version, I highly suggest it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Oz is Great. His Previous doc is very good as well. It covers much of the same material but in a little different way. Oz is a better film I think but both bring some interesting perspective to the money question.

2 o my fav Global Warming Documentaries

Global Warming Doomsday Called Off
    Several Climate scientist examine Climate history, Ice Cores, Surface temperatures, Rising Sea levels, and computer models very clearly reviewing what the evidence shows and doesn't

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0462407994295#

Global Warming or Global Governance
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...44067427439443
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-06-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16