Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Share Documentaries

[youtube]bgnmT-Y_rGQ[/youtube]

Why is it that Europeans ended up conquering so much of the world? Or, as one of Diamond's New Guinean friends asks him, why do they have all the "cargo"? Despite all the contrary evidence from anthropology and human biology, many persist in attributing the differing political and economic successes of the world's peoples to biological, "racial" differences. Others appeal to cultural differences or to historical contingency. But Diamond sees the fundamental causes as environmental, resting ultimately on ecological differences between the continents. An extended argument for this, Guns, Germs and Steel is nothing less than a history of Homo sapiens on a scale of continents and millennia.
    Diamond begins with a survey of human pre-history, covering the spread of humans around the world down to 11000 BC. He then introduces Polynesia as a "natural experiment", an illustration on a smaller scale of his overall thesis. In the Polynesian exploration and settlement of the Pacific, settlers from the one cultural and ethnic background ended up in vastly different environments, ranging from continental New Zealand, through volcanic islands of various sizes, to barren atolls and remote Easter Island. Hunter-gatherer societies eventuated on some islands — and sophisticated states and proto-empires on others.

http://dannyreviews.com/h/Guns_Germs_Steel.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[youtube]VebOTc-7shU[/youtube]

By the end of high school, all young adults are instructed to understand and apply the scientific method to match data with hypotheses to explain the data. Most adults report they are able to do this under realistic conditions; that is, they have rational explanations for reality on a day-to-day basis, and especially for important issues. Daily, more adults are focusing their competent intellects upon our largest political and economic issues. Daily, more adults are constructing hypotheses of intentional destruction of our American rights, values, and economy as the only rational explanation of such gross malfeasance with US government and economic policies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[YOUTUBE]enS7PwJCk7I[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.tuppashare.com/store?p=3740&SubPage=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default It made me sad

[YOUTUBE]w7cZuhqSzzc[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I do that when watching/reading anything since I almost never watch any of the MSM (including FOX) talking heads any more. They're all working for large corporations and their messages are skewed.

The LaRouche video I linked to is the only one of his I have ever watched and had just stumbled across it when I did. However, being the history buff that I am, I found the documentary very interesting and, with the assistance of historical hindsight, quite accurate. There are a lot of lessons we can garner from the video. Especially the lesson regarding how economic chaos can lead to leaders like Hitler.

I've come to realize over the last several years that much of what we learned as children was a very simplistic overview of the events that lead to WWI and WWII. In no way am I saying that the regimes we fought against were innocent as they were as guilty as they come. But the leaders of those regimes would never have come to power if not for the greedy practices of the global banksters and their elitist accomplices.

What we're currently seeing develop in the ME is very similar in nature.

Oh, and thanks for the link. Yes, I've seen that video too and it is good, but as you stated, not as good as "OZ".
    "The point of having an open mind, like having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid." - G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Global Warming Swindle another great one.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WOW, I just read the Wikipedia page on LaRouche.... if I had read it first, I would never have watched the video I linked to.... I'm glad I watched it first now! lol

Can't say I would ever be a supporter of his, but the video is still worth watching.
    "The point of having an open mind, like having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid." - G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

LaRouche is quite a fella.
    You've got to pick the meat and leave the bones when you listen to him.
    Like so many when you stray off from the MSM for info.

But the other film made by the "Secret of OZ" film maker Bill Still is called "the Money Masters"
    quick link
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...5314C334CC8658

I think there's are other films by that name not made by him, I've never seen the others.
    Last edited by revelarts; 02-06-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you enjoy watching a variety of documentaries, THIS SITE is worth bookmarking.
    Last edited by texastom; 02-05-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Bookmarked

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love watching docs from that site. They have such a variety! I hope you enjoy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by texastom View Post
    I love watching docs from that site. They have such a variety! I hope you enjoy.
    What subjects on them interests the complicated you>?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

History mostly.

Lately I've been extremely interested in documentaries on economics and more specifically, on currency vs. money. The "Ascent of Money" is one I found very interesting.

I also enjoy documentaries on religious subjects. I am one that loathes organized religion (religion≠faith) but I enjoy historical documentaries on how the various religious sects have developed over history.

And of course, I enjoy some military documentaries, but I'm particular.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by texastom View Post
    History mostly.

Lately I've been extremely interested in documentaries on economics and more specifically, on currency vs. money. The "Ascent of Money" is one I found very interesting.

I also enjoy documentaries on religious subjects. I am one that loathes organized religion (religion≠faith) but I enjoy historical documentaries on how the various religious sects have developed over history.

And of course, I enjoy some military documentaries, but I'm particular.
    I like history too, I imagine history of religion would be interesting. The economics one sounds interesting too. Thanks for the cool site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    I like history too, I imagine history of religion would be interesting. The economics one sounds interesting too. Thanks for the cool site.
    You're quite welcome!