Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Update on Mississippi Lesbian Prom story

Kind of an ugly end to the story.

A Mississippi high school held a "fake prom" for a lesbian student and her date while most of her classmates celebrated at a secret location, reports say.

The Itawamba County School District initially cancelled the formal event after Constance McMillen requested permission to take her girlfriend to the dance and to wear a tuxedo.

But after an international uproar Itawamba Agricultural High School decided to allow the prom to take place and for Ms McMillen to take her date.

A Mississippi high school held a "fake prom" for a lesbian student and her date while most of her classmates celebrated at a secret location, reports say.

The Itawamba County School District initially cancelled the formal event after Constance McMillen requested permission to take her girlfriend to the dance and to wear a tuxedo.

But after an international uproar Itawamba Agricultural High School decided to allow the prom to take place and for Ms McMillen to take her date.

When the 18-year-old arrived at the prom on Friday night, she discovered that she was just one of seven people attending, with the majority of the students instead attending a dance organised by parents.

"They had two proms and I was only invited to one of them," McMillen told gay magazine The Advocate.

"The one that I went to had seven people there, and everyone went to the other one I wasn’t invited to

Ms McMillen said two of the students attending the prom had learning difficulties and "had the time of their lives".

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/103...esbian-student
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

homophobes are teh gayest. Good luck to her, she's made a mint and brought gay rights back to center stage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    homophobes are teh gayest. Good luck to her, she's made a mint and brought gay rights back to center stage.

Homosexual rights ? Guess hetrosexual rights have no standing...

Ironic, that your sig talks about conformity..(The opposite of bravery is not cowardice but conformity.)........conformity being the opposite of bravery....
    seems thats exactly what you're doing....conforming to the PC crap espoused by the left....conforming....and you're not even aware enough to realize it...you're akin to a coward.
    "Ignorance is not bliss...ignorance is dangerous" - Silver

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I think beastiality-proponents should ride on the tails of this - get legal, special protection for them and those THEY enjoy having sex with...
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

animals can't consent, adult humans can. Does not compare, why are straights so into the animal sex anyway, they always bring it up. hidden fantasies.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

An ugly end indeed =/
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Seems a fitting end.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    animals can't consent, adult humans can. Does not compare, why are straights so into the animal sex anyway, they always bring it up. hidden fantasies.
    Of course they can. They were BORN to consent. You never had a dog, did ya?

Sure there's no EVIDENCE Dogs have consented...but there's no evidence for a LOT of things protected under the law. You are an Animalphobe...your hate-speech is horrible! People cant help who they LOVE!!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that's like saying an underage kid can consent just cuz he gets a hard on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I think beastiality-proponents should ride on the tails of this - get legal, special protection for them and those THEY enjoy having sex with...
    It is an Agricultural High School. I'm just saying.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I don't see anything ugly about it at all. They could have went as a couple and just shut their traps, but instead wanted to make a spectacle with cross dressing and it backfired. This is what I always say about the queers, why can't they just be happy with being together? Why does one or both have to act and/or dress like fruitcakes?

Ms McMillen said two of the students attending the prom had learning difficulties and "had the time of their lives
    See, the queers enjoyed themselves!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

They could have went as a couple and just shut their traps
    Wrong.
    Look back at the last thread, the school was not even going to let them arrive at the same time, and if anyone else asked for them to leave then they would of had to.
    Last edited by Noir; 04-10-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Wrong.
    Look back at the last thread, the school was not even going to leg them arrive at the same time, and if anyone else asked for them to leave then they would of had to.
    No, the girls wanted one of them to dress in a tuxedo, YOU try reading the thread.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Wrong.
    Look back at the last thread, the school was not even going to leg them arrive at the same time, and if anyone else asked for them to leave then they would of had to.
    From the very first sentence in the last thread from the original article:

JACKSON, Miss. – A northern Mississippi school district decided Wednesday not to host a high school prom after a lesbian student demanded she be able to attend with her girlfriend and wear a tuxedo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What's wrong, Noir, time to edit your post but not enough time to admit you were wrong about my statement?

They could have NOT demanded to wear a tuxedo, went as 2 GIRLS, kept their traps shut and all would have been fine. Everything that transpired was a result of THEM making demands of the school to conform to THEIR desires. They got exactly what they deserved, to go to a prom with the other misfits.