Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A good one you can love isn't, they are rare.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Why spend money on your kid when you can easily get a new one. We got nearly 7 billion humans on earth. Are they ALL really that special? Just sayin. I have an aunt who was unable to have kids and her three cats are everything to her.
    I see you failed to address the question. You must not like the answer.

They are cats, folks. Aside from rabies shots and anti-parasite meds save the vet bills. That's all I've done with mine except for three instances.

1. After my second child was born our older cat got to defecating on the new carpet that I had installed in the basement playroom. The first time I stuck his nose in it, swatted his ass and tossed him outside. A week later he did it again so I filled the tub with water, put him in a cloth sack and held him under until he was dead, then buried him out back. I did it for the children.

2. My favorite cat's kidneys started failing when he got close to ten years old and it was close to Christmas. My daughter was six then and loved that cat more then anything. We knew it would devastate her on Christmas so we gave it IV injections under the skin to keep it alive for two more weeks. After Christmas we stopped the injections and let it die in a corner of the closet, in peace. I did it for the children.

3. The cat I have now got its tail run over by a car. I wasn't around to put a .22 in its head before my wife hauled it off to the vet and cost us $800 for the amputation. Plus we had to change the bandage daily for two weeks with him squirming all around. The little bastard still bites us if his food bowl is less than half full. I didn't get the chance to do it for the children.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I see you failed to address the question. You must not like the answer.

They are cats, folks. Aside from rabies shots and anti-parasite meds save the vet bills. That's all I've done with mine except for three instances.

1. After my second child was born our older cat got to defecating on the new carpet that I had installed in the basement playroom. The first time I stuck his nose in it, swatted his ass and tossed him outside. A week later he did it again so I filled the tub with water, put him in a cloth sack and held him under until he was dead, then buried him out back. I did it for the children.

2. My favorite cat's kidneys started failing when he got close to ten years old and it was close to Christmas. My daughter was six then and loved that cat more then anything. We knew it would devastate her on Christmas so we gave it IV injections under the skin to keep it alive for two more weeks. After Christmas we stopped the injections and let it die in a corner of the closet, in peace. I did it for the children.

3. The cat I have now got its tail run over by a car. I wasn't around to put a .22 in its head before my wife hauled it off to the vet and cost us $800 for the amputation. Plus we had to change the bandage daily for two weeks with him squirming all around. The little bastard still bites us if his food bowl is less than half full. I didn't get the chance to do it for the children.
    Good for you Glock.........those cats deserved to be in a better place than living with you. I can't imagine what their daily life was like if this is how you treat them when you are inconvenienced. I hope your children have compassion toward you when you start inconveniencing them. Although you sound like the type of person that would blow your brains out before you became a financial or emotional burden to them .... I know you'll "do it for the children".
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

A week later he did it again so I filled the tub with water, put him in a cloth sack and held him under until he was dead, then buried him out back. I did it for the children.
    Absolutely barbaric.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Absolutely barbaric.
    Pete .... I totally agree with you on this but I am thoroughly confused .... and I don't want to hijack this thread ..... so I will ask you about this in the pro-choice thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Good for you Glock.........those cats deserved to be in a better place than living with you. I can't imagine what their daily life was like if this is how you treat them when you are inconvenienced. I hope your children have compassion toward you when you start inconveniencing them. Although you sound like the type of person that would blow your brains out before you became a financial or emotional burden to them .... I know you'll "do it for the children".
    Absolutely barbaric.
    My cats live a great life as long as they hold up their end of the bargain. The one I drowned was a piss-poor mouser, and we listened to mice in the walls at night.

I had to get a second one to take of of the problem. He was a phenomenal hunter, would pace the outside perimeter then wait for hours when he caught a scent. He rid the house of rodents in less then a month, then started on the barn, then branched out to the woods and my neighbors homes. He also caught snakes, rabbits, and although the nearest pond was 1/2 mile away, frogs.

Stub-tail that I have now is useless. I installed a cat door, and he invited one of his buddies in the house and that bastard would eat all his food. I had to get a dog to keep that second cat out of the house. Here he is here. You can tell that he's evil.

And this is what my dog cares about your opinion about me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

My cats live a great life as long as they hold up their end of the bargain. The one I drowned was a piss-poor mouser, and we listened to mice in the walls at night.
    Pretty sure the cat didn't sign any contract or phone you up after looking at the wanted ads in the paper. You got him with an expectation. But that expectation could never have been understood. You really should be in the same place michael vick was. Talk about america's moral decline...
    Last edited by pete311; 04-21-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Pretty sure the cat didn't sign any contract or phone you up after looking at the wanted ads in the paper. You got him with an expectation. But that expectation could never have been understood. You really should be in the same place michael vick was. Talk about america's moral decline...
    Awesome over-the-top comparison.

Cats are domesticated animals, bred to keep vermin and their shit away; that's their contract. That one I got from a farmer, who had about 50 in his cow barn. None of those cats were "fixed", and he controlled the population by routinely picking up newborns, tossing them in a bag with some rocks, then setting it in one of the ponds.

The cat that I rescued from that got three chances to fulfill his contact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that is animal crualty and a felony, lucky you weren't got. There are more humane ways, take it to the pound you asshole.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

it's funny to see Glock act tough and try to impress people with how bad-ass he is. It's funny in a pathetic way which makes me feel sorry for him. He's trapped inside his head and that's obviously not a stable place.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    it's funny to see Glock act tough and try to impress people with how bad-ass he is. It's funny in a pathetic way which makes me feel sorry for him. He's trapped inside his head and that's obviously not a stable place.
    Its awesome that you try and demonize me for having a different viewpoint.

Isn't it immoral to use financial resources to extend the life of a cat when the same money can be give to Food For The Poor and build homes for or feed poor folk in other countries?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Its awesome that you try and demonize me for having a different viewpoint.

Isn't it immoral to use financial resources to extend the life of a cat when the same money can be give to Food For The Poor and build homes for or feed poor folk in other countries?
    See animal thread for my answer to this. Don't want to spam my opinion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    that is animal crualty and a felony, lucky you weren't got. There are more humane ways, take it to the pound you asshole.
    Taking a cat to the pound ain't humane. It would sit undernourished and trapped in a cage for a week, sitting in its own feces, then be gassed inside a cage full of others, biting and scratching each other.

I once had a couple ask us if we could take their cat from them because it didn't like their newborn and our kids were older. I agreed and it was a week before I discovered that it was marking my kids bedroom. I called up the guy and he then confessed that it had done the same at his house. I gave him the option of taking his cat back or have me deal with the situation my way.

What's humane is me taking personal responsibility for my cat and killing it as quickly and painlessly as I could. Back then I didn't have a .22 target pistol, so I used a bathtub.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Taking a cat to the pound ain't humane. It would sit undernourished and trapped in a cage for a week, sitting in its own feces, then be gassed inside a cage full of others, biting and scratching each other.
    Sounds like a lazy man's assumption. My cities humane society is amazing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Sounds like a lazy man's assumption. My cities humane society is amazing.
    Ours was not.