Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Doctor

I had my monthly appointment with the doctor today. You know, the one they assigned me because I talk to the little fella on my shoulder. Or maybe because I'm a nutcase.

Anyway, this doctor has been prescribing me 3-4 different medications on and off for about 6 years now. I'm always very curious and concerned about what I take so I always ask a lot of questions. Obviously no red lights went up before or I wouldn't be taking any of them. I was always assured that each medication was safe and safely tested amongst their groups, and had a strong track record of working.

We got on the subject of migraines today and he asked about my general doctor. I told him I really didn't have one that I always have used walk-in clinics since moving closer to NYC and haven't had a steady doctor since I lived in NJ years ago. He said I should definitely get a steady, and get my entire system checked out as taking any medications long term can have an effect on the body and hurt the liver, cholesterol, heart issues, blood issues.... WTF? Where were ya when you got me hooked on this shit, Doc? Now I find out my cure might be killing me? LOL

Water is good for you. Water will kill you. We all need milk. The milk weakens you. A glass of wine a day is good for you. Wine will kill you. Fruit is a better alternative to candy. Fruit can give you rare diseases. Everything "they" tell us is good for us and helps us, you can always find an alternative source to tell you it's killing you.

Whatever happened to just plain old fucking moo cow milk? LOL

Lewis Black:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I had my monthly appointment with the doctor today. You know, the one they assigned me because I talk to the little fella on my shoulder. Or maybe because I'm a nutcase.

Anyway, this doctor has been prescribing me 3-4 different medications on and off for about 6 years now. I'm always very curious and concerned about what I take so I always ask a lot of questions. Obviously no red lights went up before or I wouldn't be taking any of them. I was always assured that each medication was safe and safely tested amongst their groups, and had a strong track record of working.

We got on the subject of migraines today and he asked about my general doctor. I told him I really didn't have one that I always have used walk-in clinics since moving closer to NYC and haven't had a steady doctor since I lived in NJ years ago. He said I should definitely get a steady, and get my entire system checked out as taking any medications long term can have an effect on the body and hurt the liver, cholesterol, heart issues, blood issues.... WTF? Where were ya when you got me hooked on this shit, Doc? Now I find out my cure might be killing me? LOL

Water is good for you. Water will kill you. We all need milk. The milk weakens you. A glass of wine a day is good for you. Wine will kill you. Fruit is a better alternative to candy. Fruit can give you rare diseases. Everything "they" tell us is good for us and helps us, you can always find an alternative source to tell you it's killing you.

Whatever happened to just plain old fucking moo cow milk? LOL

Lewis Black:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXS5GBuk-GQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Are you talking to that little fella on your shoulder again???

oh and the air you need to live, will kill you too. Just don't put to much thought into it or you'll drive yourself crazy....
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

As I understand it, many prescription drugs can affect your liver and you need regular blood test to make sure it's functioning properly. My doc sends me for regular blood work for that reason.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all the meds they have me on for strep throat is making it so I can't pee and when I do it's stop and start.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What happens if you don't take all those medicines?