Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up dadt vote coming

looks like a lock on it being abolished. Gona get me a girlfriend and the homophobes can gtf over it. Just hope I don't have one for a boss.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supporters: Senate panel has votes to end gay ban

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/...VwcG9ydGVyc3Nl

WASHINGTON – Supporters said Wednesday the Senate Armed Services Committee has enough votes to approve a bill overturning the ban on gays serving openly in the military.

The prediction came after several lawmakers on the panel signaled their support, including Sen. Ben Nelson, a conservative Democrat from Nebraska who had been considered a holdout.

"In a military which values honesty and integrity, this policy encourages deceit," Nelson said of the 17-year-old "don't ask, don't tell" law.

The bill would still face scrutiny by the full Senate, where 60 votes are usually needed to overcome Republican objections.

But an endorsement by the Senate Armed Services Committee, led by Michigan Democrat Carl Levin, was considered a crucial first step by gay rights' groups.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    looks like a lock on it being abolished. Gona get me a girlfriend and the homophobes can gtf over it. Just hope I don't have one for a boss.
    foolish arrogant prick attitude right there.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we own both houses and even if a few dems don't vote the right way we will still pass it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

we own both houses and even if a few dems don't vote the right way we will still pass it.
    Does it require 60 votes? If so, without at least a republican or 2 you don't have it.

And since this is Military related, and effects solely the military - don't you think THEY should be the ones deciding this?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they support repeal, the military isn't that homophobic. Only the guys really get shit for it from what I heard.

Don't make honesty a value then tell people to lie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sen. Byrd to vote for DADT repeal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wrote my senator urging him to vote for repeal. It wont help, good ol boy mitch doesn't care.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we won the house, next stop senate and the prez desk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default dadt vote coming

Faggot pleez!...We all knew this was coming way back when Slick Willie opened the barracks doors for queers with his DADT policy.

The marxist progressives have a way of slowly weaving their sick perverted policies into our everyday lives, no matter how immoral.

Wasn't it the Soviet Premier Nikita Kruschev who said, "two steps forward, one step back, forever advancing"?
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

IMHO it doesn't matter if gays officially "come out" in the military since I guarantee they're there already. It isn't hard to tell who's gay and who isn't most of the time.

I would expect that they be held to the same standards regarding sexual harassment.

On a side note I also never got the whole idea of "homophobic". A phobia is a fear of something. Just because a person happens to think that gay acts are disgusting doesn't mean they are afraid of gays.

Personally I think the whole idea of two women or two men is gross, I also think the way some flamers act more like women than women is ridiculous. Not scared of them though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No one was stopping gays from being in the military to begin with. Victory over this means absolutely nothing since it was a political construct that Democrats created simply to say Republicans are evil.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    IMHO it doesn't matter if gays officially "come out" in the military since I guarantee they're there already. It isn't hard to tell who's gay and who isn't most of the time.

I would expect that they be held to the same standards regarding sexual harassment.

On a side note I also never got the whole idea of "homophobic". A phobia is a fear of something. Just because a person happens to think that gay acts are disgusting doesn't mean they are afraid of gays.

Personally I think the whole idea of two women or two men is gross, I also think the way some flamers act more like women than women is ridiculous. Not scared of them though.
    Gays in the military is obvious sexual discrimination...Did anyone ever consider that maybe the healthy virile young heterosexual males might also enjoy being housed in a baracks filled with the objects of their sexual desire?

And if any of the female military personel object to sharing a baracks, toilets and shower facilities with the men, then that's just tuff shit...They have no say so in the matter...The government is only concerned about discrimination.
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we share the same barracks as the males in basic with only a seperation wall in many places. Males and femals often share the same buildings and a lot of sexual harrassment happens in basic from what I have been told, even rape.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you should probably check your attitude at the door when you join. It's not a good one for the military.

As far as gays servng. I don't have a great problem with it. What I don't understand is why gays feel the need to make sure everyone knows their sexuality. Who cares? I mean,how many heterosexual pride parades do we see?