Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default So when we pull out of Iraq.....

what do you think will happen to the people that live there?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Be about what it is now. A bunch of in fighting till a strong man comes out on top or their neighbors intervene an annex parts of Iraq for their own.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Be about what it is now. A bunch of in fighting till a strong man comes out on top or their neighbors intervene an annex parts of Iraq for their own.
    So...you don't mind that Iran might take them over????
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    So...you don't mind that Iran might take them over????
    waht she said.........you ok with that?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    waht she said.........you ok with that?
    They must be. It will be Vietnam but worse. Certainly more dangerous to our own interests, not too mention equally immoral.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't really care, might even be for the best. The sunni countries like Saudi Arabia wouldn't stand for it then they're would be a bunch of regional fighting and they'd be worried about killing each other instead of us. We'd slip quitely into the background. Only problem is oil prices might jum with all that insecurity in the 3 biggest oil producers in the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    They must be. It will be Vietnam but worse. Certainly more dangerous to our own interests, not too mention equally immoral.
    No supporting the French imperalist in Veitnam against the will of the people was immoral. So was the UN splitting up Vietnam into North and South, like that worked so well in Korea ya'll. Then there's us that went in only because the gov was commie when it had far more popular support then the people we tried to prop up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

vietnam was a civil war when the french were in control....all that happened is one side won.....

iraq is different.....there are no sides at the moment that can stand up to iran or syria....when we pull out of iraq.....iran will double in size......

we will still be in the middle east, in afganistan....iran will run the same bs there and we will pull out and iran will again increase in size.....

we will still be in SA UAE etc....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

vietnam was a civil war when the french were in control....all that happened is one side won.....

iraq is different.....there are no sides at the moment that can stand up to iran or syria....when we pull out of iraq.....iran will double in size......

we will still be in the middle east, in afganistan....iran will run the same bs there and we will pull out and iran will again increase in size.....

we will still be in SA UAE etc....
    I may be wrong, but I don't think 'we' are in SA, at least not militarily. Kuwait, yet. UAE, like SA for business, but not for military I don't think.

As far as 'one side winning' one side always has to in a civil war. Problem is in Vietnam, when we let it resume, there was a bloodbath, for which we never took any of the credit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I may be wrong, but I don't think 'we' are in SA, at least not militarily. Kuwait, yet. UAE, like SA for business, but not for military I don't think.

As far as 'one side winning' one side always has to in a civil war. Problem is in Vietnam, when we let it resume, there was a bloodbath, for which we never took any of the credit.
    we have use of an air base in SA, the one we built and turned over to them in 2003 i belive.......it is why OBL declared war on us...

we had left how could it be our fault...same rational in rawanda....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

we have use of an air base in SA, the one we built and turned over to them in 2003 i belive.......it is why OBL declared war on us...

we had left how could it be our fault...same rational in rawanda....
    I think we gave that airport totally over to SA, part of the reason we really needed Turkey back when.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think we gave that airport totally over to SA, part of the reason we really needed Turkey back when.
    we did in 2003 .... we are still allowed to use it ....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

what do you think will happen to the people that live there?
    Why do you care? Why do any of the Bush apologists care? Don't you consider all of them to be ragheaded terrorist sympathizers? The Iraqis have had four years to develop a free nation. They have no desire to govern or protect themselves.
    If the U.S. withdraws, it will be sink or swim. Protect your own country or give it up. The reason the Bush apologists oppose withdrawal is because Bush will be left with the same failed legacy as Lyndon Johnson.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Why do you care? Why do any of the Bush apologists care? Don't you consider all of them to be ragheaded terrorist sympathizers? The Iraqis have had four years to develop a free nation. They have no desire to govern or protect themselves.
    If the U.S. withdraws, it will be sink or swim. Protect your own country or give it up. The reason the Bush apologists oppose withdrawal is because Bush will be left with the same failed legacy as Lyndon Johnson.
    when you get waht you want....a weak america.....bush will have the same legacy as carter with iran, nixon with vietnam and clinton with somalia and rawanda...

in the future you will want to negotiate with nk and iran and syria and darfur....they will laugh....america talks tough but she has no balls....you say you will kick my ass but i only have to kill 1000 a year and you are done....you have no stomache for the fight to defend your words....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That is all BS. Other countries mock us because we invaded in the first place. How can the U.S. warn other countries about illegal land grabs if we have done so ourselves?

Bush is the little kid that went over a swatted the hornets nest. We've been getting stung ever since. How many hornet's nests do we wish to swat?
    We should not be the world's beekeeper.