Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Obama has never spoken to BP CEO

Perhaps Obama is way to busy with vacations, fund raisers, photo ops, and attacking his critics to take the time to speak to BP's CEO on the oil spill

Yet he reminds us daily how he has been on this since day one

In the interview that aired today, Obama defended his decision not to speak with Hayward.

"I have not spoken to him directly," Obama said. "Here's the reason. Because my experience is, when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's going to say all the right things to me. I'm not interested in words. I'm interested in actions."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/obam...ry?id=10853212

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Perhaps Obama is way to busy with vacations, fund raisers, photo ops, and attacking his critics to take the time to speak to BP's CEO on the oil spill

Why would Obama need to talk to him? What's he supposed to do, give him a ring and wait on hold for 20 minutes while Tony finishes his latest interview?

O: "Hello Tony, this is the President, what's up?"

H: "I'm a little busy. What do you want?"

O: "Just calling to ask you if there's anything your people haven't told my people that'd you'd like to tell me?"

H: "Whaa.... da , uh, what do you mean Mr. President"?

O: "You know - got any super special secrets that only you can tell me personally on the phone, something you can only tell me directly"?

H: "Well, umm, wow Mr. President. How did you know? I love you! I'm gay for you!"

O: "That's not exactly what I meant Tony. A lot of conservatives seem to think there's something important you have to tell me that only you can tell me personally. What is it?"

H: "Oh, uhh, I dunno."

O: "OK. Fucking right wing idiots ... figures. Later"
    Last edited by SpidermanTUba; 06-10-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You would think they would need to talk to, you know, coordinate some sort of effort.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    You would think they would need to talk to, you know, coordinate some sort of effort.
    O: "Tony, this is the President again"

H: "What? I'm very busy you know"

O: "I know, I know. Its just that I was told I needed to call you to talk to you to coordinate some sort of effort, coordinate something that isn't already happening, that only you can coordinate with me personally, on the phone."

H: "Well, OK. What is it you wanted to coordinate ? "

O: "You mean you don't know?"

H: "No Mr. President, I have no idea. I've got my flunkies coordinating with your coast guard on everything"

O: "Oh, OK. My bad. Fucking righties lead me astray again"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama should know what the hell BP is doing....THAT"S why he needs to talk to him. How in the world can the gov know whats going on if they aren't even talking to BP?!!!!

and spare me the silly ass phone call thing,it's not funny

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clearly Tuba thinks this oil spill isn't very important and that the President has more pressing things to do that make an effort to lead or help in the clean up effort.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    Obama should know what the hell BP is doing....
    And you apparently think the only way this can be accomplished is by a direct phone call between the President and BP's CEO. That makes you functionally retarded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Clearly Tuba thinks this oil spill isn't very important and that the President has more pressing things to do that make an effort to lead or help in the clean up effort.
    Avatar thinks that molesting children and beating your wife is A-OK.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

Of course he hasn't, that would be too logical.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    Avatar thinks that molesting children and beating your wife is A-OK.
    I have zero tolerance for anyone attacking family members. Take 24 hours off

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    Why would Obama need to talk to him? What's he supposed to do, give him a ring and wait on hold for 20 minutes while Tony finishes his latest interview?

O: "Hello Tony, this is the President, what's up?"

H: "I'm a little busy. What do you want?"

O: "Just calling to ask you if there's anything your people haven't told my people that'd you'd like to tell me?"

H: "Whaa.... da , uh, what do you mean Mr. President"?

O: "You know - got any super special secrets that only you can tell me personally on the phone, something you can only tell me directly"?

H: "Well, umm, wow Mr. President. How did you know? I love you! I'm gay for you!"

O: "That's not exactly what I meant Tony. A lot of conservatives seem to think there's something important you have to tell me that only you can tell me personally. What is it?"

H: "Oh, uhh, I dunno."

O: "OK. Fucking right wing idiots ... figures. Later"
    So Obama will sit down with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and have a chat - but not BP's CEO Tony Hayward

More liberal logic on display

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NOW Obama may meet with Tony Hayward.

President Obama Likely to Meet with BP CEO Hayward Next Week

When BP CEO Tony Hayward comes to Washington, DC, next week, he will almost certainly be summoned to meet with President Obama at the White House, sources tell ABC News.

Though no final decision has been made, White House officials are planning to meet with Hayward, and the president will also likely have a few words to say to him.

Hayward is scheduled to appear on June 17 at a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce oversight and investigations subcommittee.

Asked earlier this week why he hadn't yet spoken to Hayward, the president told NBC that "my experience is when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's going to say all the right things to me. I'm not interested in words. I'm interested in actions."

Today, President Obama will meet at the White House with the families of the victims who lost their lives in the April 20 BP oil rig explosion. Mr. Obama invited the loved ones of all 11 victims to the White House, where he will offer his condolences and talk to them about their concerns, including whether the victims ever expressed any issue with the safety standards on the rig. Ten families will be there; the president will call the 11th family who is unable to attend the meeting today.

- Jake Tapper

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...next-week.html

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Racist?

Obama being accused of racism??

'Anti-British' Obama Attacked Over BP
    4:04am UK, Friday June 11, 2010

Damien Pearse, Sky News Online

Barack Obama has been labelled anti-British for his attack on BP in an open letter from the head of one of the country's leading companies.

In the astonishing letter - seen by Sky News - John Napier, chairman of insurance company RSA, said Mr Obama should act in a "more Statesman like way".

The attack comes as President Barack Obama invited BP Chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg to meet him and senior administration officials at the White House next Wednesday.

Mr Napier appeared in an exclusive interview on Jeff Randall Live this evening and explained why he had written to the president.

He said: "I've just put on record my concerns about the tone that has developed, particularly about the personalisational issues, which is alien to us in our culture.

"And the fact it's being received over here as an anti-British rhetoric - that may not be his intent, but that is how it's reading."

Whilst we all recognise the seriousness of the situation there is a need to put some balance back into the situation.

John Napier, chairman of RSA
    In the letter Mr Napier bluntly questions Mr Obama's ability to take "the heat when under pressure".

It follows the president's scathing attacks on BP and particularly its chief executive Tony Hayward in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico oil rig disaster.

Earlier this week Mr Obama said he wanted to know "whose ass to kick" over the massive spill and levelled yet more criticism at BP's handling of the leak.

Shares in the company have taken a battering since the comments. They have fallen nearly 45% or by £54.5bn since the explosion.

Mr Napier's no-holds barred letter to Mr Obama wastes no time in attacking the president over his handling of the case.

He writes: "Please forgive this open letter but your comments towards BP and its CEO as reported here are coming across as somewhat prejudicial and personal.
    "There is no doubt that BP, as a UK PLC, is totally committed to do everything possible to contain the oil leak and meet all its obligations in the USA."

The comments are the most outspoken so far about the crisis by a leading British business figure and underline the growing concerns of British business over the White House’s anti-BP rhetoric.

He goes on: "There is a sense here that these attacks are being made because BP is British.

"If you compare the damage inflicted on the economies of the western world by polluted securities from the irresponsible, unchecked greed and avarice of leading USA international banks, there has not been the same personalised response in or from countries beyond the US.

"Perhaps a case of double standards?"

He continues: "The immediate issues are very challenging but are best solved working together in a more Statesman like way."

He ends the letter: "We can all agree that the first and absolute priority is to stem the leak.

"Perhaps the second one is to ensure the reputation of the Presidency outside the USA is seen as objective, balanced, able and capable of taking the heat when under pressure.

"We liked the Obama we saw at your election, can we have more of it please."

more here:
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201006115647312

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Instead of actually taking responsibility for leading to make sure that this oil spill is capped he has instead spent his time blaming people....How can it be that the person who's actually working to try and cap this spill hasn't even spoken to the president of the United States?"
    -- Mitt Romney on Obama's crisis management skills.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarBrite View Post
    "Instead of actually taking responsibility for leading to make sure that this oil spill is capped he has instead spent his time blaming people....How can it be that the person who's actually working to try and cap this spill hasn't even spoken to the president of the United States?"
    -- Mitt Romney on Obama's crisis management skills.
    Perhaps because he's afraid he'll get his ass kicked?