Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 5 NOPD pigs federal charges in lynching

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Former-cur...-96169354.html
    NEW ORLEANS – A federal grand jury charged two former and three current New Orleans police officers in the death of Henry Glover whose charred remains were found in Algiers inside a burned out car days after Hurricane Katrina, according to U.S. Attorney Jim Letten.

(Read the indictment.)

A federal grand jury returned an 11-count indictment against David Warren, Travis McCabe, Dwayne Scheuermann, Greg McRae and Robert Italiano, said Letten outside the federal courthouse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Were they found guilty? Because if they are only charged, that doesn't mean they are guilty.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Were they found guilty? Because if they are only charged, that doesn't mean they are guilty.

Maybe you should contribute to their defense fund since you like them so much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    I just read Avatar's post, and it seems you are having trouble with reading comprehension.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ah, right, the guilty until proven guilty approach. Even if they were exonerated, if the evidence did not bear the charges makes no difference to you. You have already decided their guilt, because obviously you were there, or otherwise pose some degree omnipotence. Otherwise, you're just being a presumptuous jackass.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd be more than happy to defend them myself if they wanted. Everyone deserves a good defense and they have a presumption of innocence until they are proven guilty.

Of course, you seem to disagree. What is it about allowing the Courts decide bothers you?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was asking a question to root out more evidence and not because he was giving his opinion one way or the other. But he was correct. Just charging someone doesn't mean that person is actually guilty. Innocent people have been sent up the river before just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time..
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Ah, right, the guilty until proven guilty approach. Even if they were exonerated, if the evidence did not bear the charges makes no difference to you. You have already decided their guilt, because obviously you were there, or otherwise pose some degree omnipotence. Otherwise, you're just being a presumptuous jackass.
    Put your money where you mouth is and send them a lawyer.

I'd be more than happy to defend them myself if they wanted.
    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
    Everyone deserves a good defense
    Really? Did you just come to this realization? LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE GOT A NEW MISSION IN LIFE

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...9994193830ccd0

Funny how underfunded public criminal defense funds only became an issue to you after 5 white men in uniform gunned down a black man.

and they have a presumption of innocence until they are proven guilty.
    The COURTS presume them innocent until proven guilty, NOT ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    He was asking a question to root out more evidence and not because he was giving his opinion one way or the other. But he was correct. Just charging someone doesn't mean that person is actually guilty. Innocent people have been sent up the river before just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time..
    Yeah, right, cops get framed all the time, sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Put your money where you mouth is and send them a lawyer.
    Um, wow, decided to where your big boys pants, did we? You aren't even debating, you are a step shy of forming your own lynch mob, so there's no use having any form of rational debate with you on this. You have decided they are guilty, period, that was my entire point, and you just proved it for me. It isn't about guilt or innocence, it's about vengeance, right or wrong, and they need to burn for you to be happy.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    you are a step shy of forming your own lynch mob
    Right. Merely thinking someone with overwhelming evidence against them is guilt of a crime is so very nearly the same as getting together with all my white friends and hunting down and killing a black person and then setting his body on fire in a stolen car.

, so there's no use having any form of rational debate with you on this. You have decided they are guilty, period, that was my entire point, and you just proved it for me. It isn't about guilt or innocence, it's about vengeance, right or wrong, and they need to burn for you to be happy.
    So do you believe that OJ did not kill Nicole?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Unless they are George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, or any employee of Halliburton.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If there's any evidence that someone other than these cops shot the victim and burned his body in his own vehicle - I'm all ears.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Question for SpidermanTUba ???

If there's any evidence that someone other than these cops shot the victim and burned his body in his own vehicle - I'm all ears.
    What actions do you propose we take?...Please be specific?
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

Really? Did you just come to this realization? LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE GOT A NEW MISSION IN LIFE

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...9994193830ccd0

Funny how underfunded public criminal defense funds only became an issue to you after 5 white men in uniform gunned down a black man.

The COURTS presume them innocent until proven guilty, NOT ME.
    Yes, you clearly don't need proof to reach your conclusions.

And no, I've had the opinion that public defenders are underfunded for years. Politicians don't seem to like funding us because they are Constitutionally mandated to but it doesnt benefit them politically. That's why we have worthless pieces of junk for computers and archaic filing systems. It's quite sad actually.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you don't even know what evidence there is and you have convicted these men.

They may very well be guilty, but I'd be rather embarassed to make ridiculous assumptions myself.