Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Inlaws

Who has a great relationship with their inlaws?

I love mine.....and there's four of them cause hubby's parents have remarried....actually have three MIL and one FIL.

MrKurt is eleven years younger than me which makes his parents about ten years older .... so I can relate to his parents generation as well as I do his!

Like my hubby's sister and brother but can't stand either of their spouses! Yech.....
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I get along well with my ex mom in law, she took me to hawaii last year, and shes taken me and the kids to disney land and let me use her rv for my kids campout birthday party.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Can't say I got along well with my in-laws, but then again, they didn't get along well with my ex either. Apple, tree and all that.

I used to detest my sil, but when my parents got sick, she helped a lot. She's a nurse so that really came into play. Our kids have always been close, when Jay had the brain tumor diagnosed, the day after my dad's funeral, 3 weeks before his wedding, that really sealed our relationships.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I got/get along well with both my FIL & my MIL. I lucked out in that department!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Who has a great relationship with their inlaws?

I love mine.....and there's four of them cause hubby's parents have remarried....actually have three MIL and one FIL.

MrKurt is eleven years younger than me which makes his parents about ten years older .... so I can relate to his parents generation as well as I do his!

Like my hubby's sister and brother but can't stand either of their spouses! Yech.....

I hope you realize how fortunate you are. My inlaws divorced back when my hubs was a boy. I had met her a few times before she moved out of state. And my father in law was a great story teller, but a lousy parent and grandparent. 9at least with my kids he was lousy) And a lousy father in law. He was very unforgiving and selfish. And his wife, number two....in every since of the phrase, was a real gem. Hubs hated her. And I had no love loss for her. And there isn't much contact between him and his half sibs. However, he and his full blooded sis are in contact constantly. I have a good relationship with her. Just don't get to see her much as she lives in the LA area....
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just got my first two in-laws, being my sister-in-law, and her daughter. So I get to be an uncle now, and let me tell you, it's great. I get to spoil that child rotten, then when she gets fussy, just pass her back to my brother. My sister-in-law is great, and I feel she's a solid match for my brother, who is difficult to deal with. Not to say there's anything wrong with my brother, it's just that he is pretty much awesome at everything he tries to do, mastering any new skill swiftly.

It's a problem in past relationships, where girls would either started getting offended by him "horning in" on "their" turf, or on the opposing side, take it to a horribly self-concious place. Christina understands the truth: My brother is a freak of nature.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I started out with a rocky relationship with my inlaws. Then my MIL found out that she had some of the same mental health problems as my mom and I. And they both adore my daughter.
    Of course, as old school Orange County Republicans, they are still coming to grips with the fact that I am a liberal tree hugger.