Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Actually, some of the reason is that people who feel a deep shame think that becoming a priest would be a "catch all" solution, allowing them to give their lives over in service to God, while "taking" sex off the table. Unfortunately, they do nothing to actually treat the problem within themselves, and it will eventually catch you, same as it did my dad.

He never entered the priesthood, but he threw himself into marriage as a cover. He avoided the central core issue of his life for more than two decades, the core thing that had led him in the direction of alcoholism. You cannot overcome issues that you refuse to acknowledge and deal with.

Now, in Mormonism, the priests are allowed to marry, have kids, and obviously, have sex, but cannot have alcohol, cigarettes or mind-altering drugs of any kind (caffeine is included in this), as the mormon belief holds that the body is a creation of God, and therefore sacred, so to do these things that are directly harmful to the body is a sin against God. I think they take it too far, but not really the point (They'll get my Sweet Tea when they pry it from my cold dead hands.).

I actually never really understood the concept of celibacy for God. I mean, one of his few direct statements in the Bible is "Go Forth and Multiply". I know the history of it is attached to this belief that having the kind of love and attention required for a family distracts from a "perfect" (no such thing) devotion to god, but I think it got blown horribly out of proportion. Life itself is a distraction from worshipping God.

I was married to a mormon, but not raised in it. The religion my dad had was started by a military guy in the 1950's, its not well known. My moms religion was started by a woman and neither is mainstream. I attended the mormon church when I was married but never joined. Mormons are really against gay people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    I was married to a mormon, but not raised in it. The religion my dad had was started by a military guy in the 1950's, its not well known. My moms religion was started by a woman and neither is mainstream. I attended the mormon church when I was married but never joined. Mormons are really against gay people.
    Yeah, but they really lost me at no Sweet Tea, lol. Every religion, and even atheism has their crazies that have everyone else doing a facepalm.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, as far as I know, there are none. That's not to say there isn't, only that I don't know about any....

However, my son-in-law has a sister that came out as lesbian a few years ago and he was fit to be tied. He has ranted at her and the rest of his sibs etc. about it. He's a very outspoken fellow....

Anyway, my hubs and I have had to listen to him ranting about it and at one point, even tho' I do not condone her lifestyle, told him that regardless of her sexuality, she is still his sister and he should be respectful of her just for that reason alone.

I believe, that with the passing of time, their relationship has gotten better and he isn't so apt to pound that topic into the ground as he has so aptly done in the past.... For which I am thankful.....
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Well, as far as I know, there are none. That's not to say there isn't, only that I don't know about any....

However, my son-in-law has a sister that came out as lesbian a few years ago and he was fit to be tied. He has ranted at her and the rest of his sibs etc. about it. He's a very outspoken fellow....

Anyway, my hubs and I have had to listen to him ranting about it and at one point, even tho' I do not condone her lifestyle, told him that regardless of her sexuality, she is still his sister and he should be respectful of her just for that reason alone.

I believe, that with the passing of time, their relationship has gotten better and he isn't so apt to pound that topic into the ground as he has so aptly done in the past.... For which I am thankful.....

yeah my cousin still doesn't accept his son. So you jsut don't bring it up around him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Yeah, but they really lost me at no Sweet Tea, lol. Every religion, and even atheism has their crazies that have everyone else doing a facepalm.

I have never been a member of any church or religion. I was raised in weird ones and then after I was an adult I never could quite understand mainstream religion. So that's why I am not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    If your a Homophobe does it make you avoid that relative? My Cousins son is gay. My cousin is half italian half irish and he was damn mad about his boy being gay. They had to go to therapy over it. I think my real dad is bi-sexual, but leans towards the ladies.
    Well, I'm not a homophobe....my mother-in-law is gay and been in her relationship for over 30 years.

One of my sister's came out of prison with a girlfriend and they were in a relationship for a couple of years and then she went back to men .... so I guess she is bi-sexual.

I've had clients that were gay - two from San Francisco and one in Memphis, TN.

And, I live in an area where gays are very prominent....but are not the flamboyant kind....just regular people.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.