Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default we are in trouble....

Kagan Declines To Say Gov't Has No Power to Tell Americans What To Eat

And liberal dumb-ass Democrats have the freakin' balls to think this clown is fit for the Supreme Court of the United States...

God fuckin' help us....
    "Ignorance is not bliss...ignorance is dangerous" - Silver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck to the jackasses that would try to enforce that law,if it were real.

Seriously,I don't think most people in their wildest dreams ever thought that the American people would be taxed(punished) for eating junk food,that McDonalds would be made out to be a criminal for giving children toys,and that a Supreme Court nominee would stumble over a question about the freedom to stuff you face with whatever the heck you want to.

I can't believe they are actually going after what we eat. This, to me is one of the worst most personal intrusions possible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She's not exactly a model of nourishment. She must have put away a lot of fast food in her day.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmmm...first it was booze (remember Prohibition) then smoking and now fast food. Wont be long before they institute mandatory sleep hours and on what kind of mattress!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Government tells us what we can put in our body all the time. Why would would stop them from doing this when we haven't stopped them before?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Hmmm...first it was booze (remember Prohibition) then smoking and now fast food. Wont be long before they institute mandatory sleep hours and on what kind of mattress!
    Or they will make it mandatory for each household to put in an operating camera where they can watch to see how many times we have sex and then tax us accordingly.....
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post

Seriously,I don't think most people in their wildest dreams ever thought that the American people would be taxed(punished) for eating junk food,that McDonalds would be made out to be a criminal for giving children toys,and that a Supreme Court nominee would stumble over a question about the freedom to stuff you face with whatever the heck you want to.

I can't believe they are actually going after what we eat. This, to me is one of the worst most personal intrusions possible.

They prob'ly will go after it if they aren't already because they think most Americans are too damn fat. And the excuse they use is that there is far too much medical expense with fat people. You know, diabetes, heart desease etc....in millions of cases they are related to being obese. And along many other deseases as well. It's about the money. They really don't give a crapola about what we eat, where we eat or how we eat. It's a control factor attached to money......
    "Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground." Crosby, Stills and Nash......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisy View Post
    Actually it wouldn't be that difficult. You don't have to tell PEOPLE. Just tell the food producers.

Make a law saying that foods sold at retail must have no more than XXX calories per ounce, or per serving, or etc. Or no more than YYY trans-fats, or whatever thing you want to regulate.

People wouldn't know the laws had even been passed, because no cops would come to their door, or check what was in their shopping back on the way out of the store. A few might notice that Chicken McNuggets were missing from the menu at the local Macs. And a VERY few might ask why they were gone at the counter, only to get a blank look from the min-wage worker who had no clue. And even the manager would just say they weren't availabel from the distributor any more.

Same deal for Twinkies at Safeway, or Super Double Mocha Lattes at Starbucks. They just quietly wouldn't be there any more.

Easy.

I can't believe they are actually going after what we eat.
    They aren't. Yet.

They (in particular, soon-to-be-USSC-Justice Elana Kagan) are simply saying they see no reason why such a move would be unconstitutional.

(The amount of unconstitutional things they don't see, would fill volumes.)

This, to me is one of the worst most personal intrusions possible.
    Is it?

Try China's "One-Child Policy" sometime. Or a ruling (coming soon, to a government health care system near you) that your 90-year-old Grandmother's gall bladder operation was denied because it wasn't cost effective - it wouldn't extend her life vey much anyway.

You'll wish they had gone back to just regulating Twinkies.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Actually it wouldn't be that difficult. You don't have to tell PEOPLE. Just tell the food producers.

Make a law saying that foods sold at retail must have no more than XXX calories per ounce, or per serving, or etc. Or no more than YYY trans-fats, or whatever thing you want to regulate.

People wouldn't know the laws had even been passed, because no cops would come to their door, or check what was in their shopping back on the way out of the store. A few might notice that Chicken McNuggets were missing from the menu at the local Macs. And a VERY few might ask why they were gone at the counter, only to get a blank look from the min-wage worker who had no clue. And even the manager would just say they weren't availabel from the distributor any more.

Same deal for Twinkies at Safeway, or Super Double Mocha Lattes at Starbucks. They just quietly wouldn't be there any more.

Easy.

They aren't. Yet.

They (in particular, soon-to-be-USSC-Justice Elana Kagan) are simply saying they see no reason why such a move would be unconstitutional.

(The amount of unconstitutional things they don't see, would fill volumes.)

Is it?

Try China's "One-Child Policy" sometime. Or a ruling (coming soon, to a government health care system near you) that your 90-year-old Grandmother's gall bladder operation was denied because it wasn't cost effective - it wouldn't extend her life vey much anyway.

You'll wish they had gone back to just regulating Twinkies.
    All I know is,this stuff shouldn't be on the list of government business. Who would think they have the time? Of course,I'm sure there are plenty of tax dollars to be made by juicing up the junk food.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Been there, done that...All that health food hype is a lot of bullshit that doesn't work.

I've been guzzlin lite beer like a fish for the last 2 years, and haven't lost a single pound.

It appears the old 6-pack has been permanently replaced by a 12-pack with a belly button.

Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!