Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    But the new rebel is a Skeptic, and will not entirely trust anything. He has no loyalty; therefore he can never be really a revolutionist. And the fact that he doubts everything really gets in his way when he wants to denounce anything. For all denunciation implies a moral doctrine of some kind; and the modern revolutionist doubts not only the institution he denounces, but the doctrine by which he denounces it.
    Thus he writes one book complaining that imperial oppression insults the purity of women, and then he writes another book (about the sex problem) in which he insults it himself.
    He curses the Sultan because Christian girls lose their virginity, and then curses Mrs. Grundy because they keep it.
    As a politician, he will cry out that war is a waste of life, and then, as a philosopher, that all life is waste of time.
    A Russian pessimist will denounce a policeman for killing a peasant, and then prove by the highest philosophical principles that the peasant ought to have killed himself.
    A man denounces marriage as a lie, and then denounces aristocratic profligates for treating it as a lie.
    He calls a flag a bauble, and then blames the oppressors of Poland or Ireland because they take away that bauble.
    The man of this school goes first to a political meeting, where he complains that savages are treated as if they were beasts; then he takes his hat and umbrella and goes on to a scientific meeting, where he proves that they practically are beasts.
    In short, the modern revolutionist, being an infinite skeptic, is always engaged in undermining his own mines. In his book on politics he attacks men for trampling on morality; in his book on ethics he attacks morality for trampling on men. Therefore the modern man in revolt has become practically useless for all purposes of revolt. By rebelling against everything he has lost his right to rebel against anything.

G. K. Chesterton
    G.K. Chesterton was a certified genius! I've long been a true and great admirer of that man. Both my father and my grandfather had minds like that.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GGDwvAbx_fg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Chess and War

I am still astounded at how many posters did not bother to learn the actual war strategy of G. W. Bush.

They for some odd reason downplay his desire for a free world vs a world he conquered for the benefit of goods from those lands.

Per them, Bush wanted treasure and freedom, pshaw. What good is that?

They refuse to read books by the men who fought the wars.

This puzzles me. Even if they say they don't believe the war makers, at least be well informed and read their books. Reading their books, even if you think they lie, you can be taken inside to see what really happened. I believe in cross checks. Thus just because Gen Franks the war commander reports a thing, I still want to cross check. I did it by reading an inside General's account that for all I knew was a rebuttal of Franks account. But he verified Franks claims. Franks tells you his view of why Bush went to war.

We supplied powerful air power for the Afghani people. They won fought the war. We could never win a war with just air power nor with not even a thousand of our men. Many of our men did many things for the Afghanis, but we were not the driver against the Taliban nor Al Qaeda.

READ

Don't go by these board blogs.

They are opinions. Fun for sure, but opinions.

Franks did not offer opinions other than if he stated he did. A General speaks out is a book hardly any of you heard of. READ

Bremers book was great. I still see the news claim Bremer disbanded the Army or that Franks had.

How can you disband an army that decided to toss off uniforms and haul ass?

Disband an army you could not identify??????

Bremere did not disband the leaders of the Saddam Govt. The Iraqis that stepped up and had meetings did that. Bremer could never have stopped them short of putting the new leaders in jail.

I suppose we ought to always keep the top leaders of the vanquished. I think that idea is sheer stupid.

Bush verified that Gen Franks told the truth in Bush's own book. Cheney also verified it and so did Rumsfeld.

Few realize the way Franks won both wars. Franks took on the job as top commander with one caveat. That he would manage it his way.

Bush gets blamed for the speech on the ship and the banner.

Who took the trouble to learn that had Bush not given that speech, world help was going to enter Iraq to help those people out? The UN was not about to enter Iraq until the major combat ended. Franks got into contact with Bush and asked Bush to step up and deliver that speech.

Major combat had ended. What happened after was not major, it was a few pitched battles by small units or maybe company sized elements dealing with rogues.

I hear Chemey smeared over the greet with joy comments.

Did we all forget that is just what took place?

READ

Not the news articles. They are left wing. They only report what they want to allow you to read.

Watch other nations news. DW from Berlin in English is great. RT sponsored by Russia is very informative. You can see how much Russia likes Obama for instance. I don't think Obama likes them at all. I don't believe Obama's public lies.

CSPAN will inform you too. Watch those jerks we elected play games in meetings.

Be informed or it will happen to us all again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"No matter how hard you run in the rat-race, no matter how fast, even if you win...

"...you're still a rat."
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    "No matter how hard you run in the rat-race, no matter how fast, even if you win...

"...you're still a rat."
    In context of what I posted, will you please explain what that means and what message you want us to know?

Who is the rat in your story?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

If only we had someone like this today...that people paid as much attention to????
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

The right to defy an unconstitutional statute is basic in our scheme. Even when an ordinance requires a permit to make a speech, to deliver a sermon, to picket, to parade, or to assemble, it need not be honored when it's invalid on its face.
    Potter Stewart (1915-1985), U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Walker v. Birmingham, 1967

The Constitution is a written instrument. As such, its meaning does not alter. That which it meant when it was adopted, it means now. –
    South Carolina v. United States, 199 U.S. 437, 448 (1905)

When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all. –
    Justice William O. Douglas

The Constitution is not neutral. It was designed to take the government off the backs of people. – Justice William O. Douglas

Emergency does not increase granted power or remove or diminish the restrictions imposed upon power granted or reserved. The Constitution was adopted in a period of grave emergency. Its grants of power to the federal government and its limitations of the power of the States were determined in the light of emergency, and they are not altered by emergency. –
    Charles Evans Hughes (1862-1948), Chief Justice, U.S. Supreme Court, Home Building & Loan Assn v. Blairsdell, 1934

The ultimate touchstone of constitutionality is the Constitution itself and not what we have said about it.
    Felix Frankfurter, Graves vs. New York; 1939
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

"A morsel of genuine history is a thing so rare as to be always valuable."
    -- Thomas Jefferson -

"A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday."
    - Alexander Pope - (1688-1744) English poet

"He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves, and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper."
    -Edmund Burke - (1729-1797) Irish-born British statesman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Emergency does not increase granted power or remove or diminish the restrictions imposed upon power granted or reserved. The Constitution was adopted in a period of grave emergency. Its grants of power to the federal government and its limitations of the power of the States were determined in the light of emergency, and they are not altered by emergency.
    Charles Evans Hughes
    (1862-1948), Chief Justice, U.S. Supreme Court,
    Home Building & Loan Assn v. Blairsdell, 1934

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    "A morsel of genuine history is a thing so rare as to be always valuable."
    -- Thomas Jefferson -

"A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday."
    - Alexander Pope - (1688-1744) English poet

"He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves, and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper."
    -Edmund Burke - (1729-1797) Irish-born British statesman
    Dunno about the current-day context(s) of that first one.

On the second quote ... well, Obama has had to considerably backpedal on his 'let's quit Iraq and leave them to their own devices' approach, now, hasn't he ? So tell me, what candid admissions of grave tactical error has Obama made to America, and the wider world, to date ??

On the third one .. Obama's definitely an antagonist, I'd have thought. He must antagonise decent, patriotic Americans on a daily basis !!!!!
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-12-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Dunno about the current-day context(s) of that first one.
    There are things historical and current that people are little aware of and not believed.
    which if understood would change a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    On the second quote ... well, Obama has had to considerably backpedal on his 'let's quit Iraq and leave them to their own devices' approach, now, hasn't he ? So tell me, what candid admissions of grave tactical error has Obama made to America, and the wider world, to date ??
    On the third one .. Obama's definitely an antagonist, I'd have thought. He must antagonise decent, patriotic Americans on a daily basis !!!!!
    Obama?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

“Some people in each successive generation believe that theirs is the one that has at last seen everything clearly, that their insights point to the truth, the final answer. Yet scientific discovery marches on and today’s truth will become tomorrow’s anecdotes.”
    —Gerrit L. Verschuur, Interstellar Matters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is always room for improvement,It's the biggest room in the house ~ Louise Heath Leber

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first,the lessons afterward. ~ Vernon Law

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

One of the my teachers once told me that life is the only class where failure is essential to achieving success.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

John Maynard Keynes,
    who famously responded to the charge of being inconsistent by noting,

“When I get new information, sir, I change my position.
    What do you, sir, do with new information?”
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-17-2014 at 08:50 AM.