Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Of the Bill of Rights?

I see new stuff every day where the Bill of Rights are being picked apart.

Just making a place for me to drop some of the info.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ROmD64hrv9c&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2= 0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ROmD64hrv9c&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2= 0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Can you give us a summary? I can't see videos due to a firewall at work.

(Yeah, I know, get to work you lazy bum!)
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The only particular issue I have with his opinion is his insistence on putting homosexuality up with pedophilia and incest. They are not nearly the same thing, where in pedophilia, obviously one of the participants is not old to have informed consent and in incest where it is actually bad in a provable sense (creates mutations in the genetic code, that sort of thing).

Homosexuality most often is between two consenting adults, in which it falls under life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It is allowed by the ideals we stand by, that the government has no right to tell you how to live your life, or with whom. It is not the same as allowing sexual predators to do whatever they want, and it never will be.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

The government absolutely has and takes the responsibility to tell us how to live. While we have certain rights, (and even some of those aren't rights anymore), there exist privledges. Of those is 'marrige'...Driving...hrm...Seat belt or helmet laws, etc...things like that.

The Gov't is well within its rights to set down restrictions for those things. Let the people decide.

re: Homosexuality, etc...

Sin is sin. Homosexuality hurts people physically and emotionally. One data point that proves that is the life-expectency of those who choose that lifestyle. There are other data points; domestic violence rates, etc, which corroborate the distructive nature of the lifestyle. The man in the video is spot-on-correct to compare homosexuality with incest and pedofilia - at least in terms of sinfulness...although I don't know the bible speaks specificially of incest.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Can you give us a summary? I can't see videos due to a firewall at work.

(Yeah, I know, get to work you lazy bum!)
    Chuck Colson commenting on Speech given by H Clinton where she used the term Freedom of worship instead of freedom of Religion and joins the worship right with supposed homosexual rights. Chuck Colson breaks down the difference between worship and religion and the idea of elevating sexual perversion to an inalienable right and it's possibly significance in future U.S. policies.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The government absolutely has and takes the responsibility to tell us how to live. While we have certain rights, (and even some of those aren't rights anymore), there exist privledges. Of those is 'marrige'...Driving...hrm...Seat belt or helmet laws, etc...things like that.

The Gov't is well within its rights to set down restrictions for those things. Let the people decide.

re: Homosexuality, etc...

Sin is sin. Homosexuality hurts people physically and emotionally. One data point that proves that is the life-expectency of those who choose that lifestyle. There are other data points; domestic violence rates, etc, which corroborate the distructive nature of the lifestyle. The man in the video is spot-on-correct to compare homosexuality with incest and pedofilia - at least in terms of sinfulness...although I don't know the bible speaks specificially of incest.
    Actually, marriage was considered an inherent right as of the Constitution. And by what you're saying, we might as well throw regular old marriage out the window, cause that ends badly 2/3 of the time these days. You really want to go there, we can go there, but there won't be anything left to do with your life by the time we're. I can easily use your logic there as a means to illegalize drinking, smoking, guns, marriage, sex, driving, flying, the list goes on and on.

the government has NO right to tell us how to live our lives. None at all, unless you can show it to me in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution.

Yes, the bible does mention incest back in Genesis, and if we want really want to go down that road, I can oblige again. Everyone on this forum would be "put to death" before we hit the end (if you've ever eaten meat on a Friday or cursed at your parents, prepare to die). Actually, if you want to go biblical, you have no right judge, or make a call on what God would think or say on the matter, both of those were denied directly Jesus.

Now, as to a point, you are telling me that to consenting women having sex with each other is exactly the same as raping a child? Those are one and the same? This seems to be your claim.

The attempts to put homosexuality up there with bestiality, incest, and pedophilia is the most debase sort of argument, one used to paint them as vile creatures as opposed to human beings.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

No, Marriage isn't a right. Show me where it's a right? We have controls in place covering various aspects; to be qualified for a legal marriage.

The bible mentions, specifically, incest as a sin? I'd like to see that.

Here's where your blatant ignorance of Christianity shows up. You (And to be fair, LOTS of churches, etc) take specific instructions under specific circumstances and apply it to a wide audience and paint with a broad brush.

(shrug)

If you think "that's what I seem to be saying" then you sir, are an idiot or a liar. No reasonable person could arrive at that conclusion.

I'm saying, as far as I understand sin, Lying, homosexuality, murder - ALL hurt the person doing it. God's idea of what SIN is (NOT the 10 commandments, of which we are no longer bound per se) centers around keeping us from doing things that harm ourselves and/or others.

Homosexuality, murder, lying, Hate, Liberalism (snicker) all fall under that umbrella.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    The only particular issue I have with his opinion is his insistence on putting homosexuality up with pedophilia and incest.
    Sick perversion is sick perversion, no matter what form it takes.
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I agree with your point DMP but not quite how you get there.

perversion = against or twisting of nature. Homosexuality fits the bill.
    And the Bible and western culture past ..oh... 1000 years clearly draws that line. If not what all the hub-bub about changing the laws.

However in another sense I see the concept being used as just another wedge issue in the break down of our natural families AND freedoms.
    the Dark side of womens lib, Abortion Rights, Children s Rights, quickie divorce rights and perversion rights, serve at least those 2 purposes. Breaking up of strong families and placing more authority in the hands of the state.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Ya know what's sorta weird?

The bible talks about how God decided it wasn't good for Man (adam) to be alone. Thus, God brought all the animals to Adam, but couldn't find a suitable helper/mate. Do you pick up on the connotations of that? Makes me sorta wonder if Adam, or the creation of that time, were different in some way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6H63CD7uQA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6H63CD7uQA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

good stuff plain and simple

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3ZDlupdZbo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3ZDlupdZbo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Hamilton was a banking tool and one of the 1st big gov't promoters.
    Jefferson, Gets so much right, he was an awesome person even with his flaws.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzH7mGt0VDE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzH7mGt0VDE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only particular issue I have with his opinion is his insistence on putting homosexuality up with pedophilia and incest. They are not nearly the same thing, where in pedophilia, obviously one of the participants is not old to have informed consent and in incest where it is actually bad in a provable sense (creates mutations in the genetic code, that sort of thing).

Homosexuality most often is between two consenting adults, in which it falls under life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It is allowed by the ideals we stand by, that the government has no right to tell you how to live your life, or with whom. It is not the same as allowing sexual predators to do whatever they want, and it never will be.
    Although I agree that homosexuality should not be criminalized, it is however, still as perverse as ;the other two.

Also, incest, which also shouldnt be criminalized, is not as likely to create mutations as we have been led to believe.
    My understanding is that the chances are so low as to be negligable
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, marriage was considered an inherent right as of the Constitution..
    PROOF?

And by what you're saying, we might as well throw regular old marriage out the window, cause that ends badly 2/3 of the time these days..
    What do you consider badly?

You really want to go there, we can go there, but there won't be anything left to do with your life by the time we're. I can easily use your logic there as a means to illegalize drinking, smoking, guns, marriage, sex, driving, flying, the list goes on and on..
    You would be taking his logic toooo far

the government has NO right to tell us how to live our lives. None at all, unless you can show it to me in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution..
    actually it does have a limited "power" to do so, but not a right, govt doesnt have rights

Yes, the bible does mention incest back in Genesis, and if we want really want to go down that road, I can oblige again. Everyone on this forum would be "put to death" before we hit the end (if you've ever eaten meat on a Friday or cursed at your parents, prepare to die). Actually, if you want to go biblical, you have no right judge, or make a call on what God would think or say on the matter, both of those were denied directly Jesus..
    As another stated, your knowledge of the Bible is very limited, You dont understand even the basics in terms of the context of passages you are referring to. Please show me where Jesus said you cant judge someone

Now, as to a point, you are telling me that to consenting women having sex with each other is exactly the same as raping a child? Those are one and the same? This seems to be your claim..
    As another said, it is extremely sad that you can make that jump from what he said

The attempts to put homosexuality up there with bestiality, incest, and pedophilia is the most debase sort of argument, one used to paint them as vile creatures as opposed to human beings.
    Homos arent vile creatures, but their sexual activity certainly is vile
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING