Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The US government did it

I had an interesting conversation with a young man this weekend. A bunch of us motorcycle riding fools went to Leesburg, FL for a little motorcycle rally....rented a 6 BR house with pool and jacuzzi, and had a great time. Being that I am a night owl, I ended up being one of the last 3 people awake on Friday night, and got into an interesting conversation with a 22yr old young man, who, shall I say, is slightly confused.......

Over many beers the conversation turned to politics, and 9/11. He is absolutely convinced that the US government is the reason for the towers coming down....not that their weren't terrorists, but that the US government funded the whole operation, so that we could go after Muslims in the Middle East.

I asked him why, and he quoted Rosie O'Donnell, and claimed their are THOUSANDS of facts pointing to the culpability of our government. I asked him to give me 10......and he came up with some opinions, and guesses.....nothing more than hypothesis, and hyperbole......

I asked him how many in the US government were aware....how many would it take to coordinate such an endeavor, and he said the number had to be in the hundreds, if not 1000......at which point I asked why none of them were troubled by their deeds and have come forward to gain the fame that such a wild tale would lead to......again.....they were paid off, so highly that they don't need or want the notoriety that such an incredible tale would give.

Has anyone else ever encountered such an individual who so wholly believes the conspiracy that they are unable to fathom any other possibility?

It was an interesting conversation, to say the least.
    Gadget (fmr Marine)

Don't speak unless spoken to......slimeball!

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot....They don't know what they are doing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget (fmr Marine) View Post
    I had an interesting conversation with a young man this weekend. A bunch of us motorcycle riding fools went to Leesburg, FL for a little motorcycle rally....rented a 6 BR house with pool and jacuzzi, and had a great time. Being that I am a night owl, I ended up being one of the last 3 people awake on Friday night, and got into an interesting conversation with a 22yr old young man, who, shall I say, is slightly confused.......

Over many beers the conversation turned to politics, and 9/11. He is absolutely convinced that the US government is the reason for the towers coming down....not that their weren't terrorists, but that the US government funded the whole operation, so that we could go after Muslims in the Middle East.

I asked him why, and he quoted Rosie O'Donnell, and claimed their are THOUSANDS of facts pointing to the culpability of our government. I asked him to give me 10......and he came up with some opinions, and guesses.....nothing more than hypothesis, and hyperbole......

I asked him how many in the US government were aware....how many would it take to coordinate such an endeavor, and he said the number had to be in the hundreds, if not 1000......at which point I asked why none of them were troubled by their deeds and have come forward to gain the fame that such a wild tale would lead to......again.....they were paid off, so highly that they don't need or want the notoriety that such an incredible tale would give.

Has anyone else ever encountered such an individual who so wholly believes the conspiracy that they are unable to fathom any other possibility?
    Hell just talk to Gabby for a little while she about as nuts as this person is..
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my mom and brother spout the same stuff....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd agree that there are some problems with the offical 9/11 story. And I think there have been periods in the history of the US where we have let things happen in order to create a justification to go to war (Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin). But, I don't think they have near enough evidence to prove the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11, though.
    Man is a marvelous curiosity … he thinks he is the Creator's pet … he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea.
    -- Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....i?u=911_morons

I'd be more willing to believe that aliens were behind 9/11 than the U.S. government. The whole conspiracy angle makes absolutely no sense and is just the act of a poor, desperate mind trying to convince itself that the world isn't that random.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd almost be willing to believe that aliens are responsible over the Bush administration, too. If they were behind 9/11, I'd have to admit that they were competent enough to pull off something this big...
    Man is a marvelous curiosity … he thinks he is the Creator's pet … he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea.
    -- Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget (fmr Marine) View Post

Man Lauderdale to Leesburg is a long trip. Maybe the kid was overcome with exhaust fumes.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Waltz View Post
    I'd almost be willing to believe that aliens are responsible over the Bush administration, too. If they were behind 9/11, I'd have to admit that they were competent enough to pull off something this big...
    At least you're consistant. I don't think Bush is a dolt, but I can't stand people who think Bush has an IQ of around 50, yet is capable of orchestrating massive cover-ups on a global scale involving thousands of people.
    "Lighght"

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LIHOP/MIHOP is bullshit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was the Patriots duuude...Now pass the doob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    How about them Rams?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    How about them Rams?
    As much as logical. No1 had a post on site we're all mostly familiar with that stated more or less 25k people would have needed to be involved. All would keep their mouths shut.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    At least you're consistant. I don't think Bush is a dolt, but I can't stand people who think Bush has an IQ of around 50, yet is capable of orchestrating massive cover-ups on a global scale involving thousands of people.
    I totally agree: it's Cheney who takes care of all the conspiracies.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    No, it was the philosohpers.

Anybody who didn't get these jokes needs to play more video games.
    "Lighght"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

been checking out the 911 discussion on craigslist earlier today. There are some bonefide lunatics who think it was all a conpiracy. Tower 7 couldnt have collapsed... yeah like having the other two towers fall on top of it wouldnt have damaged the building..

And of course there was the conspiracy nuts who were arguing that there had to be explosives because jet fuel doesn't burn hot neough to weaken steel. Never mind the fact that it's obvious he cant figure out the difference between Tempature in Celsuis and Fahrenheit.

seriously these people are just nuts.