View Poll Results: Do you like this default style for the board?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like it as is

10 90.91%
  • Yes, but would like to see a few changes

0 0%
  • No, would rather have something altogether different

1 9.09%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    A tag cloud is a list of words/phrases that have been used the most on the board. The larger and darker, the more it's been used. Clicking on any word/phrase will give you a list of all the threads with those words in it.
    Got it!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

When I click on the 'guoted by' arrow, I am taken to the right page, but not the individual's post. I don't know if it's just me or everyone? I didn't have the problem before and don't have it at other sites. I've tried logging out, hasn't fixed it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    When I click on the 'guoted by' arrow, I am taken to the right page, but not the individual's post. I don't know if it's just me or everyone? I didn't have the problem before and don't have it at other sites. I've tried logging out, hasn't fixed it.
    It works on my end...

Can you temporarily switch to another style at the bottom of the board, then test it again. This will tell me if the issue is global to all styles or style specific.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Leave it as is.

I notice that, for some reason, the spell checker on my Google toolbar causes the text box you use to enter posts to wash out entirely. I don't know what the cause of that is.
    I never use SpellChek...My frequent errors help in keeping my fellow posters more at ease with me by dispelling the myth that the wise ole Hog is perfect.

Just call me Mister Considerate.
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It works on my end...

Can you temporarily switch to another style at the bottom of the board, then test it again. This will tell me if the issue is global to all styles or style specific.
    I tried the 'Debate Policy', 'Elegant Blue', and 'default'-not working in any for me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I tried the 'Debate Policy', 'Elegant Blue', and 'default'-not working in any for me.
    Ok, so it's a vB4 issue and not the styles. You say it doesn't happen at any other boards, but are they upgraded to 4.0x?

Try perusing around http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php

See if you can find threads with quotes there and see if it works, no need to register.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ok, so it's a vB4 issue and not the styles. You say it doesn't happen at any other boards, but are they upgraded to 4.0x?

Try perusing around http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php

See if you can find threads with quotes there and see if it works, no need to register.
    It worked for me here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...able&p=1994516

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Kath,

Can you give us a link to a specific post that has a quote giving you a problem linking back to another post. This will allow other members to test, and I also need to look at the specific code...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I got a Q. how do you delete a post????

on the old version you clicked edit then go advanced then button in delete. the buttons are missing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Kath,

Can you give us a link to a specific post that has a quote giving you a problem linking back to another post. This will allow other members to test, and I also need to look at the specific code...
    Jim, none of them work to specific post. Weird thing though, if I click on the current posts at top, I'll be brought to the specific post. (Right now you are that post.)

On the site you referred me to, Vb whatever, it worked there. Works at two other sites you are familiar with too. It takes me to the correct page, I just have to sift through the poster's posts.

On this thread: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...ounolist/page4

From #55, I click on the quote from Mrs. KP, I'm brought to the top of pg 4.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    I got a Q. how do you delete a post????

on the old version you clicked edit then go advanced then button in delete. the buttons are missing
    You don't. Regular members cannot delete posts and only have a limited amount of time to edit them. This was due to prior users getting angry and going back and editing/deleting every post they made and it royally screwed up threads. If you need something done you cannot do yourself, report the post or shoot a PM to a staff member.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Jim, none of them work to specific post. Weird thing though, if I click on the current posts at top, I'll be brought to the specific post. (Right now you are that post.)

On the site you referred me to, Vb whatever, it worked there. Works at two other sites you are familiar with too. It takes me to the correct page, I just have to sift through the poster's posts.

On this thread: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...ounolist/page4

From #55, I click on the quote from Mrs. KP, I'm brought to the top of pg 4.
    Ok, that's a great reference for me to work from. Can you do one last favor for me? Go to that post again, right click on the arrow that doesn't bring you to the proper post, and copy the link it wants to send you to. In FF it is "right click" and then choose "copy link location". In IE it is right click and then "copy shortcut".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Let me see if I understand you correctly... You type a message, but when you hit the spellcheck on Google Toolbar, it removes your post/text?
    No, when I click spell check, the box turns white, I cannot see what I typed in. If I click spell check again, to turn it off, the text reappears. I am using IE 8 by the way.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ok, that's a great reference for me to work from. Can you do one last favor for me? Go to that post again, right click on the arrow that doesn't bring you to the proper post, and copy the link it wants to send you to. In FF it is "right click" and then choose "copy link location". In IE it is right click and then "copy shortcut".
    Here you go:
    debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p436757#post436753

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    No, when I click spell check, the box turns white, I cannot see what I typed in. If I click spell check again, to turn it off, the text reappears. I am using IE 8 by the way.
    I just turned on the spellcheck on my Google toolbar. The background is whiteish while I type, but turns a bluish color when I hit check - but everything I type is readable either way. I'll look into this further.