Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Defiant Brit struts through Dubai mall in a bikini

Police said the British woman, whose name was not released, was shopping in the five-star Dubai Mall when the Emirati woman approached her and criticized her for wearing a shirt she felt violated the conservative dress code followed by most women in this Muslim country.
    The two argued, then the Briton stripped down to her bikini and walked through the mall filled with luxury shops and near hotels with swimming pools.
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=711&sid=11867707

I wonder what the penalty will be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post

And that is one of the liberal Muslim states. From the article:

...The mall, one of the world's largest, has signs asking shoppers to dress modestly, although Westerners routinely ignore the advisories.

The incident is the latest in a string of cases involving Westerners in Dubai, a cosmopolitan, city-state with the most lenient social codes in the Gulf but a tendency to crackdown on foreigners who ignore the rules.

In March, a British couple was sentenced to a month in jail for kissing in public while an Indian couple was sentenced to three months' prison for exchanging steamy text messages.

In 2008, two Britons accused of having sex on the beach got three months behind bars, though their sentences were later suspended.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Innnnnnfidellllll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Don't want that coming here but When in Rome...
    Remember the guy, Michael Fay, that got caned in Singapore for vandalism.

She can try to change their rules with public protest if she wants, but I'm not sure it's gonna work too good.

And depending on what she looked like, it might even be considered terrorism.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-08-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Don't want that coming here but When in Rome...
    Remember the guy, Michael Fay, that got caned in Singapore for vandalism.

She can try to change their rules with public protest if she wants, but I'm not sure it's gonna work too good.

And depending on what she looked like, it might even be considered terrorism.
    That would be a weird thing to do in an American mall too. I mean she stripped down to a bikini. I am surprized she wasn't stoned to death there. She must be really really rich or crazy !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why any westerner would patronize anything in Dubai is beyond me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    Why any westerner would patronize anything in Dubai is beyond me.
    They have a thriving slave trade.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually, the lady deserves whatever troubles she's gonna get from this, especially since she stripped down purposely just to be contrary. It would be like someone coming over here, and when asked to put on a shirt and shoes while in one of our malls, they instead get naked and go about the mall afterward.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post

Well she asked for it, she's not in Britain. A simple comparison would be for me a smoker lighting up a Cigarette in a Mall in L.A. were it's illegal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all they want is some decency in their country, is that bad !!!, freedom has a limit, we are all free to dress and wear wutever we want in our homes, where none sees us, but its not our right to wear anything in puplic, if the people want to be decent, why should we disagree with that !!!, that is something to be respected, not critisized, we are all free to do wutever we want unless we are affecting other people by our freedom, and i am sure wearing a bekini in a mall will affect many people. like the areas where smoking is not allowed in puplic, so why should bekini be allowed in puplic !!!, if she want to wear it, they she should stay home.

by the way, bekini is allowed on beaches, but of course not in malls or other puplic places.
    Last edited by abso; 08-29-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    all they want is some decency in their country, is that bad !!!, freedom has a limit, we are all free to dress and wear wutever we want in our homes, where none sees us, but its not our right to wear anything in puplic, if the people want to be decent, why should we disagree with that !!!, that is something to be respected, not critisized, we are all free to do wutever we want unless we are affecting other people by our freedom, and i am sure wearing a bekini in a mall will affect many people. like the areas where smoking is not allowed in puplic, so why should bekini be allowed in puplic !!!, if she want to wear it, they she should stay home.

by the way, bekini is allowed on beaches, but of course not in malls or other puplic places.
    Than why the uproar over the banning of the burka in France?? After all it is their rules for decency and proper dress. Muslem can dress how they want in their homes but in public they must adhere to society accepted norm.

The problem with these Muslem countries is they want EVERYONE who visits thier countries to adhere to thier laws yet when they travel or move to other countries they expect.... no demand..... special consideration based on religious views... The day this practice stops than maybe just maybe people will stop finding the double standard soo damn offensive!!!

Or do you deny the fact that this occurs in most every Muslem country that restricts the freedom even of NON MUSLEMS!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Than why the uproar over the banning of the burka in France?? After all it is their rules for decency and proper dress. Muslem can dress how they want in their homes but in public they must adhere to society accepted norm.

The problem with these Muslem countries is they want EVERYONE who visits thier countries to adhere to thier laws yet when they travel or move to other countries they expect.... no demand..... special consideration based on religious views... The day this practice stops than maybe just maybe people will stop finding the double standard soo damn offensive!!!

Or do you deny the fact that this occurs in most every Muslem country that restricts the freedom even of NON MUSLEMS!!!!!!
    When one travels to another country they are bound by their laws, saying that when you travel to another country you shouldn't have to adhere to their laws is rather arrogant wouldn't you say?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    When one travels to another country they are bound by their laws, saying that when you travel to another country you shouldn't have to adhere to their laws is rather arrogant wouldn't you say?
    you obviously have a comprehension problem!!!

Where did I sate anywhere in my post that you "shouldn't" adhere to thier laws??

I fully expect to go by the wishes of any host country I may be in, but your overlooking the fact that Muslems want to dictate how you act and dress in "THEIR" and also want to dictate how you act and dress in YOUR country...

That is more offensive to me than a woman walking through a mall in her bikini...

I personaly would not want the problems associated with Muslem countries so I would abide by their rules and laws just as I would expect them to do the same while in my country yet they continue to demand special trreatment.

What if my religious beliefs say I should shun slothing on the sabbath and that is what I do. Should it not be honored by their country shouldn't they make exceptions for me.... after all it is my "religious" belief...
    Last edited by Nukeman; 08-29-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you obviously have a comprehension problem!!!

Where did I sate anywhere in my post that you "shouldn't" adhere to thier laws??

I fully expect to go by the wishes of any host country I may be in, but your overlooking the fact that Muslems want to dictate how you act and dress in "THEIR" and also want to dictate how you act and dress in YOUR country...

That is more offensive to me than a woman walking through a mall in her bikini...

I personaly would not want the problems associated with Muslem countries so I would abide by their rules and laws just as I would expect them to do the same while in my country yet they continue to demand special trreatment.

What if my religious beliefs say I should shun slothing on the sabbath and that is what I do. Should it not be honored by their country shouldn't they make exceptions for me.... after all it is my "religious" belief...
    Where?

Here -

--snip--

The point I'm attempting to put forward is that the problem is with "our" Country's that try to accommodate to them instead of saying "deal with it".

The problem is us, not them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont care about banning the burka, about me, i hate it, i wil never agree to marry someone who wears burka, because i hate it, but that does not mean that i will insult anyone who wears a burka and i wont deny them their right to wear the burka, because it does not violate my freedom, it does not harm me in anything if any woman wears a burka, but when a woman wears a bekini in puplic, that is something that i dont like, everyone will be looking at her and it will cause disturbance, but when a woman wears a burka, none will be looking at her, it will cause no disturbance to anyone at all.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.