Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    you don't know she made up the harassment.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209977,00.html

1 in 5 Female Cadets At Military Academy Says She Has Been Sexually Assaulted

CHARLESTON, S.C. — Almost 20 percent of the female cadets at The Citadel last spring reported they had been sexually assaulted since enrolling at the military college, according to results of a survey released by the school Wednesday.
    The report you cited didn't say who allegedly assaulted the female/male cadets.

I'm sure you're trying to imply that heterosexual cadets did the assaulting, but it's just as possible that the homosexuals were harrassing the heterosexual cadets.
    Last edited by Trigg; 08-13-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are living there full time, other cadets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    From the article it sounds like she successfully completed her plan. 2 years on Uncle Sam's dime, then off to Ivy with no penalty.
    Wow, that easy to dismiss is it? There are easier ways to get into ivy league schools that don't require military or constant lying, and according to her own instructors, she wasn't just skating, she was ninth out of 1,100 students. If you're gonna accuse her of being a leech, at least look at article where it says she wasn't one. If you can get into West Point, and more pointedly, do well enough to be in the single digit ranking of the class, yeah, it's likely you were serious.

The policy stupid, but more than that, it ensure that an entire segment of our military has to repeatedly break the core values just to have the ability to fight and die for our country. How can that possibly be a good thing?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Now you are just lying to yourself. Not a good place to be at your age. If she'd been honest, she would have stayed silent after enrolling at West Point. If she wanted to be honest regarding her sexuality, she never would have accepted the placement at West Point.

Get it? She had 2 different choices, she chose a 3rd, lying.
    She had another, to try and live with it, which is actually what she took. But speaking as someone who has taken that oath, and remembers when the taking of that oath became real for me (certainly not when I first said I'd do it, but a few weeks before go time? Oh yeah, it hit hard). You don't just end up in West Point, you sculpt your entire run in high school for it, just like if she wanted to go to harvard, yale, or any other ivy league school.

The problem is, there is only so long that you can hide from yourself, and taking an oath of Honor, Courage, and Commitment sort of puts those priorities into order. It likely wasn't flip, it was a decision reached over time. She could have easily finished out with high marks across the board, never paid a dime to anyone, and gotten officer pay for 20+ years. She chose to get out, to give that up because she could not live a lie. You act like her lying about for her whole career would have been honorable, but it isn't. Lying is never honorable, and thus, beneath a soldier, and most definitely an officer, to do.

The government forced her into the position of lying with the dadt, but would condemn her for telling the truth, and taking a moral stand. Do you not see the dishonor in that?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    The report you cited didn't say who allegedly assaulted the female/male cadets.

I'm sure you're trying to imply that heterosexual cadets did the assaulting, but it's just as possible that the homosexuals were harrassing the heterosexual cadets.
    no it isn't. It's not nearly as likely, because for one, they already have to keep a low-profile, and purposely antagonizing the student body sexually is an extraordinarily bad way to go about that, isn't it?
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think any of you who HAVEN'T served misconstrue dadt. DADT does not support sexual discrimination through words. In fact, one of the first things you learn in any Military Leadership Course (ALS, NCOA, SNCOA) is that discrimination is outright illegal. First, someone may be taking advantage of the DADT policy, as is their right. OR, some of us have homosexual family members, and are extremely offended when you mock our family's choices. THE IG TAKES THUS KIND OF DISCRIMINATION VERY SERIOUSLY!!! You can anonymously request an IG investigate such things, and no one will know.

So whay didn't this cadet take advantage of the IG? Because this was the selfish, underhanded plan of someone who wanted to get a grade A education (which explains why she worked her butt off to be ranked 9th...credits transfer, you know?) and who wanted to plan a hit against. DADT. She had no integrity or honor. I don't care if you're homosexual, I don't agree with DADT, and I don't agree with this girl.
    All men are created equal, but from there it's up to you...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Outraged Citizen View Post
    I think any of you who HAVEN'T served misconstrue dadt. DADT does not support sexual discrimination through words. In fact, one of the first things you learn in any Military Leadership Course (ALS, NCOA, SNCOA) is that discrimination is outright illegal. First, someone may be taking advantage of the DADT policy, as is their right. OR, some of us have homosexual family members, and are extremely offended when you mock our family's choices. THE IG TAKES THUS KIND OF DISCRIMINATION VERY SERIOUSLY!!! You can anonymously request an IG investigate such things, and no one will know.

So whay didn't this cadet take advantage of the IG? Because this was the selfish, underhanded plan of someone who wanted to get a grade A education (which explains why she worked her butt off to be ranked 9th...credits transfer, you know?) and who wanted to plan a hit against. DADT. She had no integrity or honor. I don't care if you're homosexual, I don't agree with DADT, and I don't agree with this girl.
    Right, and like anyone in the military knows, there are assholes everywhere, even in commands, and it's near impossible to prove they did anything. Even if she proved her point, it could have made it worse, not better, like I've seen it happen on some of my commands.

The Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy directly asks for a lie, while still preaching about Honor. The two are mutually exclusive.

Like I said before, there are easier ways to get a grade A education, especially if you work your butt off to be in the top of the class, than to go to West Point. Here's a thought: Academic scholarships to anywhere in the entirety of the USA aside from West Point. Financial Aid is not that hard to come by people, and if she was the kind of student excelling at West Point of all places, there's no reason she couldn't have gone to an ivy league college elsewhere, and done just as impressively, if not more so. So where was the gain? What, to do a bunch of work that won't matter, cause she doesn't even have her Associate's from West Point yet? Oh right, yeah, she'll only have the degree from the school she earns the degree from.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you intentionally being obtuse? Because tha's the only excuse for such an argument. Let's review facts
    1. She knew, going into this school, that it was a military institution, and knew everything that that entailed. NO HOMOSEXUAL CONDUCT

2. She only got offended to the point of leaving the school 2 weeks before she would have to serve a full term in the military

3. She never reported anything to anyone. She could have easily said something anonymously to the IG, and maybe had a chance to salvage a career/education.

But she didn't want to. She wanted "West Point" on her college transcripts without actually serving her country. DADT never asked her to lie, simply to avoid discussion or commision of homosexual acts. And believe it or not, people have been courts-martialled for making homosexual jokes.

This selfish person (I avoid the term I really want to use) wasted taxpayer money not only to get an education, but mostly so she could get her time in the limelight as a champion of gay and lesbian rights. I personnally support repeal of the DADT, and wil let my opinion be knownto anyone who asks.

And this argument about assholes and not reporting because it might cause her more trouble? Crap. I guess in your logic, when you get mugged and your wallet/purse gets stolen, you'll never report it. I mean, they'll probably never find the guy, and if they do, there'll probably be no evidence.

With the way this girl went about voicing her beliefs, she better get used to being harrassed. Because guess what? No matter what college she goes to, what job she gets, or what city she lives in, there will be ignorant assholes everywhere, and guess what she'll have to do? The same thing everyone else who actually serves their country does. Shut up and color.
    All men are created equal, but from there it's up to you...