Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default All I Want for Christmas Is a Layoff

Remember during the Bush years all the sob stories the liberal media "reported" about those who lost their jobs?

We were told how miserable people were, and how rotten Bush's economic polices were

Now under Obama, the liberal media is "reporting" the upside to being unemployed

and how they need more then 99 weeks of unemployment

But being miserable in one's job is nothing new, as years of pre-recession polls conducted by organizations like The Conference Board and Web sites like CareerBuilder.com will attest. Even in flush economic times, many surveys have reported that one in two U.S. workers don't exactly feel warm and fuzzy about their place of employment.

Factor in the stress, paranoia, pay cuts, morale killers and mind-boggling workloads that have gripped employees this year and you have a recipe for some serious job dissatisfaction.

In a CareerBuilder survey of 4,300 U.S. workers released this November, 47 percent said their workload had increased in the past six months, 40 percent said their stress level was through the roof and 24 percent said they didn't feel one iota of loyalty to their employer.

"Giselle," a marketing manager at a New York accounting firm, can relate.

"Several colleagues and I are dreaming of a layoff," the self-described "abused temp" said in an e-mail. "Everyone is searching for another job, some openly. The firm is half the size it was in fall 2007. Clients aren't paying their bills, and we've lost some clients. Every day it's another psychodrama.

"Today my boss and I were reviewing photos from our holiday party," Giselle continued. "One person enthusiastically had his hand up when he won a holiday prize. We joked, 'John X has an inappropriate reaction to his pink slip.'"

As for Matthew, the software project manager who was dreaming of a downsized Christmas, he's retiring his hope for a golden parachute.

"I'm sick of living in limbo, wondering whether and when my employer might cut me loose," he said. "I think maybe it's time to give up the layoff fantasy and make the most of the crummy job I've got -- at least until I can find something better."

So no plans to tell his boss how he feels about the job?

"Are you kidding?" he said. "That's what's known as resigning."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/chris...9411010&page=3

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I think that what I'm about to say sounds like a conspiracy theory....but...

is Obama deliberately sabotaging the economy so that George Soros can make an extra 10 or 20 Billion?

I know how that sounds, but the answer to fix the economy is pretty straightfoward, how stupid do you have to be?

Don't answer that last question.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    I think that what I'm about to say sounds like a conspiracy theory....but...

is Obama deliberately sabotaging the economy so that George Soros can make an extra 10 or 20 Billion?

I know how that sounds, but the answer to fix the economy is pretty straightfoward, how stupid do you have to be?

Don't answer that last question.
    He is wrecking the economy as an excuse to expand the power, size, and scope of the Federal government.

What better group of people to have supporting your liberal agenda then people who are looking to the government for a handout?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan