Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Holy Shit This Board is Slow

Every click is followed by a hesitation. Even the scrolling is slow. And not on any other site just this one, and for three times in that last few weeks. I suspect admin discouraging me from posting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Slow for me too since the final changes were made. Worked fine before that.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am not having any issues at all

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Works 100% fine for me and the majority of the board. Those with older computers, and outdated software, who don't want to answer questions when asked about specifics of their setups, are likely going to see slower load speeds than the rest of us who are up to date.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

At the very bottom of the board, dead center, I added code to show how long a particular page takes to load. I've yet to see an entire page take longer than 1 second to load for me. The server and software aren't prejudiced, if you are having issues, the slowness is on your end. Here is my main page load, and then the load of this thread.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tell ya what..send me a link to another site that uses the same software as here and I'll test it for speed. It ain't ALWAYS us. That dog just won't hunt son.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Tell ya what..send me a link to another site that uses the same software as here and I'll test it for speed. It ain't ALWAYS us. That dog just won't hunt son.
    If there is an issue on the server, or the software, it WOULD affect everyone, no if ands or buts. The timer at the bottom will prove this without a doubt. If it loads so quickly non-stop for many, and not so for others, then the slowness is on their end. It could be a slow connection, slow computer, outdated software, low memory...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And not to mention, I have not "always" stated it was you guys. I have listened to many problems and fixed them when they arise, and apologize to the board for the issues. But you've been critical of the board over the years for the way it loads, and I believe admitted yourself once that you have a slow connection. You stated you don't like to have to update your software and don't want to answer questions when I ask you to troubleshoot. I asked you in the announcements section about your computer, then watched you read the thread without replying. If you don't answer, I can't very well assist you. But I can tell you this, everyone I know with an up to date computer and a solid connection is seeing normal load speeds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What timer?

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What timer?
    Scroll as far down as you can on the board, dead center is a timer that tells you how long the page took to load. If it's quick for the majority, but slow for a couple, then the software/server isn't being "prejudiced" to just those few, the issue is on the end of those few.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There is NO timer on my screen.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

There is NO timer on my screen.
    Well, I posted pictures of it, so it's there. If it isn't there for you, then settings have been changed on your browser that aren't allowing the java code to run.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No settings have been changed on browser. How about a test site running the same software..I'll let you know how it acts.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

No settings have been changed on browser. How about a test site running the same software..I'll let you know how it acts.
    Please explain why you think the timer would load for me, but not you. Please explain why you think the board loads quickly for the majority, but not for you.

I've given reasonable explanations as to how the software/server would affect everyone equally, and doesn't just purposely load differently for some, unless they have something different on their end - browser, software, connection speed, processor speed. And when I asked you those questions when you were pretty much the only one stating it was slow, you wouldn't answer the questions.

Others can post their load times here, and whether or not they see the load timer at the bottom. If the way the board runs only negatively affects a few, please explain to me why it would load quickly for the rest of us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Come on just fork over a link you know of with the same software. If it's me it should have the same slowness etc..right?

Above the Best