Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    At the very bottom of the board, dead center, I added code to show how long a particular page takes to load. I've yet to see an entire page take longer than 1 second to load for me. The server and software aren't prejudiced, if you are having issues, the slowness is on your end. Here is my main page load, and then the load of this thread.

Jim, you are the slow one here. My system took 0.0 seconds to load this page

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And not to mention, I have not "always" stated it was you guys. I have listened to many problems and fixed them when they arise, and apologize to the board for the issues. But you've been critical of the board over the years for the way it loads, and I believe admitted yourself once that you have a slow connection. You stated you don't like to have to update your software and don't want to answer questions when I ask you to troubleshoot. I asked you in the announcements section about your computer, then watched you read the thread without replying. If you don't answer, I can't very well assist you. But I can tell you this, everyone I know with an up to date computer and a solid connection is seeing normal load speeds.
    Please NOTE I didn't start this thread..just made a post cuz I'm seeing the same thing here..NOWHERE ELSE. Now you just go ahead an get more defensive.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Please NOTE I didn't start this thread..just made a post cuz I'm seeing the same thing here..NOWHERE ELSE. Now you just go ahead an get more defensive.
    No need for me to get defensive over you and Glock having crappy connections or computers! I merely posted proof showing the board is loading very quickly, and showed that only a couple were complaining - the couple who refuse any assistance to fix their issues. So long as it loads fine for those with normal connections and up to date software, I'm content.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haven't had any problems here.

Maybe yinz ought to change out that empty bottle of Bud in front of the hamster that's powering your computer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

loads fine for me, only like a .5 second delay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Mine is 0.0
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The load time will only show 0.0 if the load time is very quick as it doesn't go into the hundredths of seconds. It's not the greatest timer to be honest. What I'm more interested in is whether other regular members are experiencing slowness or not, and one doesn't need a timer to know that.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't have a problem with the board. I know that when I have problem it's most often my third world server. My only hope is that cable will add another thousand feet to this service area or verison or another phone company take over this service area.

When I scrolled down to the counter the numbers were were still counting even tho the loading was done. It never stopped until I went back a page or clicked on another page. It's not important and didn't effect me in any way but wanted to pass the info on just in case.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

And not to mention, I have not "always" stated it was you guys. I have listened to many problems and fixed them when they arise, and apologize to the board for the issues. But you've been critical of the board over the years for the way it loads, and I believe admitted yourself once that you have a slow connection. You stated you don't like to have to update your software and don't want to answer questions when I ask you to troubleshoot. I asked you in the announcements section about your computer, then watched you read the thread without replying. If you don't answer, I can't very well assist you. But I can tell you this, everyone I know with an up to date computer and a solid connection is seeing normal load speeds.
    This Page took 3.1 seconds to load.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    This Page took 3.1 seconds to load.
    And when it loads so much faster for 95%+ of the board, you still want to blame the server or new forum software? Sorry, I honestly do feel bad for those who have to wait longer for things to load, but it's on the PC/connection end.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just use a middle-of-the-road laptop with DSL, no problems.

Glock - might be time to upgrade the TSR-80.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

And when it loads so much faster for 95%+ of the board, you still want to blame the server or new forum software? Sorry, I honestly do feel bad for those who have to wait longer for things to load, but it's on the PC/connection end.
    I post on numerous boards and its just this one that has the problem. So its not my computer and its not my connection. My last speedtest shows 16MB/s download, and I recently upgraded my PC to a 3-core processor, AMD Phenom 8450, 2.10 Ghz, 1.75GB Ram.

Don't lie to me Jim. Darin got you to put some delay thing in, to be used for certain posters.

It makes me feel so special.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Now your "clock" is messed up. It took about 20 seconds before the page was "done", and it keeps running:

This Page took 61.7 seconds to load.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'm running Firefox 3.6.8.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I post on numerous boards and its just this one that has the problem. So its not my computer and its not my connection. My last speedtest shows 16MB/s download, and I recently upgraded my PC to a 3-core processor, AMD Phenom 8450, 2.10 Ghz, 1.75GB Ram.

Don't lie to me Jim. Darin got you to put some delay thing in, to be used for certain posters.

It makes me feel so special.
    Now your "clock" is messed up. It took about 20 seconds before the page was "done", and it keeps running:

This Page took 61.7 seconds to load.
    I'm running Firefox 3.6.8.
    And yet you're one of 2 people on the entire board having an issue, and you know what? I couldn't care less. You and your lame accusations can go and fuck yourself. If I wanted to "slow" down your lame ass I would just ban you and rid myself of your incessant whining. If you don't like the speed or anything else here, feel more than free to take your troll posts ANYWHERE but here.