Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default too late to strike Iran ???

Putin and his commies are now in Iran to help them flip the switch on the reactors. have we waited to long???

As Iran, with Russia's help, gets ready to flip the switch on its first nuclear reactor, Washington is engaged in a frenzied debate over whether Israel should consider launching an air attack designed to cripple Tehran's nuclear capabilities.

But key military officials and analysts say Iran has already passed the point where a strike would deal its entire nuclear program a fatal blow. The country might be persuaded to abandon any efforts to build a bomb, they say, but -- like it or not -- Iran is going nuclear. And no number of Israeli F-16s is going to change that.
    source

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We know for a fact the dark lord isn't about to order any kind of a strike. Our best hope is, since its russian built and muslim operated, another chernobyl.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can thank GW for this as well as North Korea.

That's what we get for fucking around in Iraq - where we knew there were zero WMD's, zero terrorists.

I was hoping Israel would hit them by the end of the week. This is an issue that is beyond BO's competence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    We know for a fact the dark lord isn't about to order any kind of a strike. Our best hope is, since its russian built and muslim operated, another chernobyl.
    Yeah, you outta try an teach them rag-heads to fly a helicopter from A to B without seeing the ground !!!!
    Now a Nuke plant..Oh My!!
    Last edited by Mr. P; 08-20-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Yeah, you outta try an teach them rag-heads to fly a helicopter from A to B without seeing the ground !!!!
    Now a Nuke plant..Oh My!!
    I'm familiar with training ragheads from back in the 70's. They don't and can't build anything. All they do is buy things someone else developed and learn to use it. Usually not well. Unless the russians keep advisors there and run things themselves a melt down at that plant is a sure thing within a short time.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

But key military officials and analysts say Iran has already passed the point where a strike would deal its entire nuclear program a fatal blow.
    Did I miss the new section in the rule book that said Israel was only allowed one strike?

The country might be persuaded to abandon any efforts to build a bomb,
    Why I saw that sentence, I knew I was reading the kind of ludicrous wishful thinking that has started some of the largest, most bloody wars in human history. Or at least allowed the bad guys to do more and more until THEY managed to start a war.

How did this ignoramous manage to get published?

Iran is going nuclear. And no number of Israeli F-16s is going to change that.
    More wishful thinking. Or did that same section of the rule book also state that Israel (perhaps with a little help from its friends) was only allowed to use F-16s?

When people have no idea what they're talking about, any actions - and any restrictions - become possible, in their minds.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

BTW, one of the major concerns seems to be that, if Israel destroys the reactor after it's been fueled, radioactive material may escape and contaminate Iran's territory.

Sounds to me like that's Iran's problem, not Israel's.

Play with fire and you might get burned.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

for years ive been hoping Iran would implode with revolution. but not yet. instead it may very well explode. I think Israel is running out of time here now to make a decision to strike. and now with Russians in the pic Putin seems to be daring them to strike, which will probably destabilize the entire region.

Is Iran’s Day Of Reckoning Within Sight?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38622

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Recall that during Gulf War II (actually Gulf War I Continued), U.S. B-2 bombers took off from their home base in Kansas, flew nonstop to Iraq refuelling several times in midair, dropped heavy bomb loads, and flew all the way back to Kansas. Iraq had no idea they were coming, and even when the planes were approaching the target, Iraq had no idea they were there. When the bombs hit the targets, many Iraqis at the scene thought they were internal explosions, either caused by accidents or by sabotage by personnel at the facilities. Even after the planes returned to Kansas, Iraq had no evidence they'd been attacked, aside from the massive damage to the buildings themselves.

Fast forward to late August, 2010. Israeli aircraft fly to Bushehr and drop bombs on the reactor site. Within minutes, a number of large underground explosions devastate the various nuclear reactors, research facilities, and storage facilities of Iran's nuclear program in the area. A few Israeli planes are shot down, the rest fly successfully back to Israel where they receive a hero's welcome.

In ensuing days, Iranian military officials examine the damage, which is extensive, and conclude that their nuclear facilities are completely destroyed, setting their nuclear-weapons program back at least ten years. While venting enraged rhetoric upon the Israelis, they being wondering how Israel's relatively small aircraft, stripped to the bone and carrying all the fuel they could, could simultaneously carry weapons that inflicted that much damage. They begin accusing the United States of pulling a Gulf-War-Like stunt with its B-2 bombers again, timing a long-range raid from Kansas to hit the reactor sites at the same time the Israelis were dropping their own bombs.

The United states responds with astonishment. "What B-2 raids? What are you taking about? We never did any such thing to you. All our B-2s are sitting on the ground in their hangars in Kansas, where they've been for weeks. We've done no long-range raids, dropped no bombs, we had nothing to do with the damage to your facilities. We fly regular training missions here within our own borders, of course, but never anything like what you're talking about.

"By the way, Iran, do you have the slightest evidence that we did anything at all? Any radar tracks of aircraft coming into your country? Oh, that's right, B-2s are stealthy and your pissant radars would never see them. Any bomb fragments that could be identified as ours? Oh yes, we've been selling such weapons to Israel for years, that's public knowledge. So any you find, must have come from Israel. Any sightings by your own aircraft of planes other that Israel's? Hmmm, you barely got off the ground before the raid was over.

"Gee, I guess you haven't the slightest evidence of any U.S. involvement. So, I suggest you pull in your horns, quit announcing you wanted to 'wipe Israel off the map', stop developing nuclear weapons, and call it a day. Have a nice day, in'shAlla."

Plausible?
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 08-20-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't see it happening. People have been saying Israel would bomb Iran for years but nada. Israel would have a lot to lose from an unprovoked bombing run.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

BTY the B-2's are stationed in Missouri

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Israel would have a lot to lose from an unprovoked bombing run.
    Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor, LN. I nearly spit Coca-cola on my monitor when I saw that one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    BTY the B-2's are stationed in Missouri
    Same thing.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I bet LN would feel SORRY for Iran if their BS was called-out. She'd probably ROOT for Iran to win!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor, LN. I nearly spit Coca-cola on my monitor when I saw that one.
    cuz clearly when Israel built nuke plants Iran should have attacked them and would have been right in doing so.