Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default America, stop sucking up to Israel - by Gideon Levy

America, stop sucking up to Israel
    by
    Gideon Levy

Barack Obama has been busy - offering the Jewish People blessings for Rosh Hashanah, and recording a flattering video for the President's Conference in Jerusalem and another for Yitzhak Rabin's memorial rally. Only Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah surpasses him in terms of sheer output of recorded remarks.

In all the videos, Obama heaps sticky-sweet praise on Israel, even though he has spent nearly a year fruitlessly lobbying for Israel to be so kind as to do something, anything - even just a temporary freeze on settlement building - to advance the peace process.

The president's Mideast envoy, George Mitchell, has also been busy, shuttling between a funeral (for IDF soldier Asaf Ramon, the son of Israel's first astronaut Ilan Ramon) and a memorial (for Rabin, though it was postponed until next week due to rain), in order to find favor with Israelis. Polls have shown that Obama is increasingly unpopular here, with an approval rating of only 6 to 10 percent.

He decided to address Israelis by video, but a persuasive speech won't persuade anyone to end the occupation. He simply should have told the Israeli people the truth. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who arrived here last night, will certainly express similar sentiments: "commitment to Israel's security," "strategic alliance," "the need for peace," and so on .

Before no other country on the planet does the United States kneel and plead like this. In other trouble spots, America takes a different tone. It bombs in Afghanistan, invades Iraq and threatens sanctions against Iran and North Korea. Did anyone in Washington consider begging Saddam Hussein to withdraw from occupied territory in Kuwait?

But Israel the occupier, the stubborn contrarian that continues to mock America and the world by building settlements and abusing the Palestinians, receives different treatment. Another massage to the national ego in one video, more embarrassing praise in another.

Now is the time to say to the United States: Enough flattery. If you don't change the tone, nothing will change. As long as Israel feels the United States is in its pocket, and that America's automatic veto will save it from condemnations and sanctions, that it will receive massive aid unconditionally, and that it can continue waging punitive, lethal campaigns without a word from Washington, killing, destroying and imprisoning without the world's policeman making a sound, it will continue in its ways.

Illegal acts like the occupation and settlement expansion, and offensives that may have involved war crimes, as in Gaza, deserve a different approach. If America and the world had issued condemnations after Operation Summer Rains in 2006 - which left 400 Palestinians dead and severe infrastructure damage in the first major operation in Gaza since the disengagement - then Operation Cast Lead never would have been launched.

It is true that unlike all the world's other troublemakers, Israel is viewed as a Western democracy, but Israel of 2009 is a country whose language is force. Anwar Sadat may have been the last leader to win our hearts with optimistic, hope-igniting speeches. If he were to visit Israel today, he would be jeered off the stage. The Syrian president pleads for peace and Israel callously dismisses him, the United States begs for a settlement freeze and Israel turns up its nose. This is what happens when there are no consequences for Israel's inaction.

When Clinton returns to Washington, she should advocate a sharp policy change toward Israel. Israeli hearts can no longer be won with hope, promises of a better future or sweet talk, for this is no longer Israel's language. For something to change, Israel must understand that perpetuating the status quo will exact a painful price.

Israel of 2009 is a spoiled country, arrogant and condescending, convinced that it deserves everything and that it has the power to make a fool of America and the world. The United States has engendered this situation, which endangers the entire Mideast and Israel itself. That is why there needs to be a turning point in the coming year - Washington needs to finally say no to Israel and the occupation. An unambiguous, presidential no.

Source
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMO - Israel is nothing more than our troublemaker just like N. Korea is China's troublemaker.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

don't worry abso the dark lord has not forgotten you. He's not prosecuting terrorist. He got rid of the silly war on terror title. He's striping down the military. But he has to play up to Israel cause those jewish liberals are very important for his next election campaign.

I did get a good laugh out of the part about syria's president pleading for peace and understanding. assad the baathist dictator, yeah right. The man that helped turn lebanon into a battle ground. assad, saddams good buddy who gives aid and support to hezbollah and funnels in the iranian supplies to them, minus his cut of course. Yeah that's rich.

keep the propaganda coming there abso, we always need a good laugh.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    don't worry abso the dark lord has not forgotten you. He's not prosecuting terrorist. He got rid of the silly war on terror title. He's striping down the military. But he has to play up to Israel cause those jewish liberals are very important for his next election campaign.

I did get a good laugh out of the part about syria's president pleading for peace and understanding. assad the baathist dictator, yeah right. The man that helped turn lebanon into a battle ground. assad, saddams good buddy who gives aid and support to hezbollah and funnels in the iranian supplies to them, minus his cut of course. Yeah that's rich.

if you stop your silly replies, and try to think a little before your write, you will notice that the writer is Gideon Levy who happens to be an israelian, it was not me who wrote it, i am just copying it here, if you have a problem with the article, mail it to the writer.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    IMO - Israel is nothing more than our troublemaker just like N. Korea is China's troublemaker.
    i agree, but although Israel is a trouble maker, USA does nothing except protecting it, without condemning anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    if you stop your silly replies, and try to think a little before your write, you will notice that the writer is Gideon Levy who happens to be an israelian, it was not me who wrote it, i am just copying it here, if you have a problem with the article, mail it to the writer.
    As I said in your other post about him, he's a self hating jew. And I know you didn't write the article. Your just using it to support your argument that everything is the fault of Israel. There are others just like him. They should be made to go live in gaza where they belong.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i agree, but although Israel is a trouble maker, USA does nothing except protecting it, without condemning anything.
    And as how China treats N. Korea.

N. Korea wouldn't exist if it wasn't for China and as such Israel if it wasn't for the U.S. We use Israel like China uses N. Korea, to stir crap up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    And as how China treats N. Korea.

N. Korea wouldn't exist if it wasn't for China and as such Israel if it wasn't for the U.S. We use Israel like China uses N. Korea, to stir crap up.
    Exactly what does Israel stir up? Is being attacked from all sides stirring things up. I don't see NK being attacked and retaliating. I do see them making attacks and threatening. The threat of china intervening is the only thing that keeps NK from being over run and united with the south. No such threat exists regarding Israel. They have repeated been attacked and defended themselves. The idea that America is their ally does not stop the arabs from repeatedly attacking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly what does Israel stir up? Is being attacked from all sides stirring things up. I don't see NK being attacked and retaliating. I do see them making attacks and threatening. The threat of china intervening is the only thing that keeps NK from being over run and united with the south. No such threat exists regarding Israel. They have repeated been attacked and defended themselves. The idea that America is their ally does not stop the arabs from repeatedly attacking.
    you keep saying israel is being attacked from every side ???, who actually attacks israel !!!!, just Hamas and Hizbollah, is that what you call every side ???

why do you say that israel have the right to defend itself but palestinian doesnt !!!, they are both humans, they both have the right to exist and defend themselfs.

i agree with you about the right to defend, i agree with the israelian right to defend its land and its people, but i admit that lebanon have the same right, and i admit that palestine have the same right, but you deny them that right, you think that they are the ones who want war, but you are forgetting that israel is the one with tanks and fighters and artillary, they have a full modern army, but hamas and hizbollah is just some men trained to fight with the minimum resources, the most advanced weapons that hamas have is unguided missiles which nearlly never killed anyone till now by the way, i admit hizbollah has some more advanced weapons, but he never fire them into israel unless isreal is attacking lebanon, so Hizbollah represent no threat to israel at all as long as they keep themself out of the lebanese lands.

hamas is the only trouble that israel is dealing with right now, so where is the many sides you are talking about ????

you dont agree with hamas because they attack civilians, but all i can see is that israel is attacking civilians too, so they are both equal to me, if you want to call hamas a terrorist, then israel is a terrorist too, if you say that israel is defending its land, then hamas is defending its land too.

as gaidon levy said, USA never plead to anyone before, they never talked with saddam with a calm tone, never plead him to do anything, they just asked with a firm tone, and they invaded iraq when he did not agree with them, which is something i dont agree with but thats not the issue now, so why is USA pleading israel to stop building settlements, and when israel does not agree, USA just does nothing, so why israel is being treated differently ???, if USA thinks that building settlements in an occupied lands is wrong, then it should stop it, not just plead for it, USA is really weak when it comes to anything related to israel, USA is just like a lawyer for israel, a lawyer which must defend his client even if he is a serial killer or a drug lord or an innocent man, it does not matter as long as the lawyer is getting the money which in this case is the bribes and donations paid by the Jewish lobby.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

you keep saying israel is being attacked from every side ???, who actually attacks israel !!!!, just Hamas and Hizbollah, is that what you call every side ???

why do you say that israel have the right to defend itself but palestinian doesnt !!!, they are both humans, they both have the right to exist and defend themselfs.

i agree with you about the right to defend, i agree with the israelian right to defend its land and its people, but i admit that lebanon have the same right, and i admit that palestine have the same right, but you deny them that right, you think that they are the ones who want war, but you are forgetting that israel is the one with tanks and fighters and artillary, they have a full modern army, but hamas and hizbollah is just some men trained to fight with the minimum resources, the most advanced weapons that hamas have is unguided missiles which nearlly never killed anyone till now by the way, i admit hizbollah has some more advanced weapons, but he never fire them into israel unless isreal is attacking lebanon, so Hizbollah represent no threat to israel at all as long as they keep themself out of the lebanese lands.

hamas is the only trouble that israel is dealing with right now, so where is the many sides you are talking about ????

you dont agree with hamas because they attack civilians, but all i can see is that israel is attacking civilians too, so they are both equal to me, if you want to call hamas a terrorist, then israel is a terrorist too, if you say that israel is defending its land, then hamas is defending its land too.

as gaidon levy said, USA never plead to anyone before, they never talked with saddam with a calm tone, never plead him to do anything, they just asked with a firm tone, and they invaded iraq when he did not agree with them, which is something i dont agree with but thats not the issue now, so why is USA pleading israel to stop building settlements, and when israel does not agree, USA just does nothing, so why israel is being treated differently ???, if USA thinks that building settlements in an occupied lands is wrong, then it should stop it, not just plead for it, USA is really weak when it comes to anything related to israel, USA is just like a lawyer for israel, a lawyer which must defend his client even if he is a serial killer or a drug lord or an innocent man, it does not matter as long as the lawyer is getting the money which in this case is the bribes and donations paid by the Jewish lobby.
    One simple question....

Where does Hamas get its funding/training/weapons/support/hep/etc....etc....

If it was ONLY Hamas they would have been wiped out LONG ago yet they continue to obtain weapons and training from outside sources..... Whom do you think those outside sources are?????
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Over the years Israel has been attacked from every side. From palestine, gaza, syria and lebanon.

I never said they didn't have the right to defend themselves. The problem is they are the ones doing the attacking. They are who the Israeli's are defending against.

It makes no difference about the armament. TheIsraeli's are using their equipment to defend their homeland. If you fire enough unguided missiles into an area eventually you hit something. hezbo has a lot more sophisticated weapons. They are heavily supplied by iran through syria. And they have used those weapons to attack Israel repeatedly, which is why Israel has had to go into lebanon in the first place.The lebanese army has fought hezbo almost as often as Israel. hezbo has threaten to wipe out Israel and all their staging in lebanon is solely for that purpose. Every time Israel goes into lebanon it is to take out hezbo.

hamas is just one part of the many headed snake Israel is dealing with there. The are not just in gaza.

I don't agree with hamas because they are terrorists. Since hamas has no uniforms and hides among civilians, who for the most part support them, then Israel has no choice. hamas is not defending anything, they are attacking. Their charter calls for the destruction of Israel, not a coexistence.

Saddam hussien, feared by every arab nation. A murderous dictator. He was defeated in kuwait and a cease fire was ordered before the job was completely done. For twelve years he continued to thumb his nose at the un and the world. His forces repeatedly fired on US and British aircraft patrolling the no fly zone. Which was established to prevent him bombing the shite villages to the south and the kurds in the north. during that war he also fired missiles at Israel, who did not retaliate, even though they wanted too. The invasion of iraq was just a continuation of the the previous gulf war.

How does the bribes and donations work with the jewish lobby as the US gives billions to Israel. Do they just give it all back? As I said before levy is a self hating jew. He probably hates America just as much. We have a lot those here, they are called liberals.
    Last edited by Gaffer; 08-29-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I said in your other post about him, he's a self hating jew.
    Why are you playing the "race card," Guffer?
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Why are you playing the "race card," Guffer?
    What race card are you referring too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

These Faux Pro-Palestinians crack me up. They want Israel to give up their land to the Palestinians yet no other muslim country will allow Palestinians to go there. They lock them up like the plague they are. Egypt is building a wall to keep them out of Egypt. Lebanon has them locked up in camps surrounded by armed guards.

The Palestinians are just a convenient club for islam to beat Israel over the head with. If these faux lovers of palestinians really cared about them they would be petitioning the surrounding muslim countries to take them in. Its just a reason to hate Israel, nothing more.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What race card are you referring too?
    This "Jew" stuff. I guess you must hate that Levy's gone "off the plantation," as they say. Or off the kibbutz, in a sense.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin